• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Personally, I think it would be better to go with option B--only have stop signs. You could run into having too many red lights if you go with option A. Just my opinion!

Gaston

Okay just my opinion but...
     Deffinately stop signs.       Afterall, these are streets.   Small, less traffic, generally not as busy.    When I drive around Dubuque, Iowa what I consider a "street" (for the most part) has a stop sign.     A few perhaps where they intersection with a road have lights but not too many.   I set up cities in SC4 based on that knowledge, actually.    Just my opinion.    ::)

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

jgehrts

Quote from: Gaston on September 13, 2007, 02:04:05 PM
Okay just my opinion but...
     Deffinately stop signs.       Afterall, these are streets.   Small, less traffic, generally not as busy.    When I drive around Dubuque, Iowa what I consider a "street" (for the most part) has a stop sign.     A few perhaps where they intersection with a road have lights but not too many.   I set up cities in SC4 based on that knowledge, actually.    Just my opinion.    ::)

---Gaston

(Good to see a local... I'm from Galena.)

I totally agree.  Avenues get total precedence over streets and ought to be controlled with only stop signs on the streets.

Gaston

jgehrts said:
Quote(Good to see a local... I'm from Galena.)

Wow, just around the corner practically.    Nice to meet ya.   ;D

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

beskhu3epnm

I'll say go with the stopsigns. Where I am is a little more rural, so that's what I see. To me, it could go either way though!

Great job...!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

JosefBrisko135

Quote from: jplumbley on September 13, 2007, 01:06:30 PM
@Josefbrisko  I can repost the texture.  To be honest, the reason I did not use the Red Brick crosswalk was because this is for the Avenue piece.  In my imediate area Streets that cross Avenues dont get Stoplights let alone crosswalks.  Only streets that would be classified as a "Road" would get this honor.  My intention later is to add stop signs for the Streets but have the Avenue take precedence over the Street.

What are your thoughts on this? Maybe this is something we can get general user input on.  Would the Avenue/SAM intersections be better with:

Stoplight and Crosswalk

OR

Stopsigns only on the Streets and through traffic on the Avenue with no crosswalks.
In Tampa all of the brick streets that intersect avenues all have the brick crosswalk even if they don't have a stop light. Its in order to pedestrianize the city.
Its also so when it rains people don't slip in the intersection and get hurt.
Its also to bring a sense of history, since all of the brick streets are in the historic districts.
But now that I think about it, it doesn't cross the ave, the only thing that does are those with lights.
Is it possible for me to make those and somehow have them included? Ave/ave, ave/road etc.
Your signature was TOO BIG and TOO BULKY ... System ADMIN

jplumbley

@Josefbrisko   This can be added as a separate addition as an Alternate Texture mod to the Road and Avenue intersection.  All you would have to do is take the original IIDs and use those IIDs for the intersections.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

Jason,

I still have reservations about the red in the centre of the avenue.  Back home, that would be part of the road surface of the avenue, not the street.

Also, have you done one without the centre piece at all.  If you only drag a street onto one side of the avenue you will not get a turing area at all in the centre. (Kinda like the road T)

If you send me the Ave textures I can do up the gravel roads for you.

Filasimo

Jason,
Id like to let you know that the SAM Readme Beta is now finished and ready for proofreading and verification....I will email you it before I leave for work. Let me know if any changes need to be made. Talk to ya soon!
Ryan
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jplumbley

SAM has just been released to the LEX and the STEX.  I hope everyone enjoys the BETA version of this MOD.  I would like to say a big thank you to all those who have helped me get this far.

Special thanks goes to Diggis and Tarkus for their great contributions to this point with the textures and the Puzzle Pieces.

Thank you to all of the original Texture Creators:

Hableurg - Asphalt Streets
Pegasus - Parking Lots and Gravel Roads
Xannepan - Cobblestone Streets
JosefBrisko and ScruffyDeluxe - Brick Streets
Ardecila - Herringbone Streets

Thank you Andreas Roth and Filisamo for help with the Readme and Installer.

Also to Swamper77 for all the brain picking I did to you since I have started with this mod.

And of course who can forget all the people who have be waiting patiently for this mod, thank you all and I hope you enjoy it!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Gaston

Sweeeeeeeeet!   Guess I'll have to re-datapack my plugins again.   LOL    ;D

---Gaston  (OFF TO THE LEX I GO)
白龍

Filasimo

Everyone lets give Jplumbey and the rest of the people who helped him a round of applauses..
&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

I raise my glass to you Jplumbey!

and Andreas: thanks for sprucing up the readme that i made i did not have time to add the other stuff but the main parts  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Chrisadams3997

Wow, I guess I'll have to make time to actually play the game just to use this...

Great job guys, I know this has been a long time coming, maybe yall can actually get a break in now(yea right, like we'd actually let yall do that,
&cry2)

Anyway, there goes any plans of sleeping tonight ;D.

Chris

iamgoingtoeatyou

just used it in my city and it works like a charm, i love the cobblestone texture :D! you guys deserve a huge round of applause !  &apls &apls &apls amazing job! :)

thundercrack83

OUTSTANDING! Excellent work and many congratulations to everyone! Your work is truly appreciated!

Travis

It's here!!!!!!!!!

Although I never say it often enough, I really appreciate all the hard work than goes into this. Well done.  :thumbsup:

Heblem

Jonathan

Fantastic work, I wish I could download it so much.
&apls &apls &apls

When I do get to download it is there another Essentails file to download as well?

Andreas

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on September 15, 2007, 08:44:19 PM
Wow, I guess I'll have to make time to actually play the game just to use this...

Yeah, I know the feeling...  &mmm

@Warrior: For the time being, an updated NAM Essentials file has been included in the SAM. The installer will make a backup of the original NAM Controller, and if you use the uninstall feature of the SAM, the original NAM Controller will be restored. Please keep in mind that the SAM is still in BETA, so things are subject to change.

@Filasimo: Well, your effort in compiling the readme contents is much appreciated, all I did was importing the data to my readme template and applying a proper formatting in order to get rid of that horrible Word HTML. ;)
Andreas

metasmurf