• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaston

I think I said this before but ...
   If you need another tester for this, just let me know.   I'd be happy to give it a go for ya.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

jplumbley

@Gaston  Thank you very much for your offer.  Testing has gone very well and all the "issues" I expected were the ones that were reported.  Essentially, we are down to the final stages before "release" Readme, minor fixes, package then Release.  So, dont fret you will have a copy... sooner than later.

@Jimmymac and Diggis  Diggis, thanks for your response, you are totally correct.  My goal is to have SAM BETA v2 with AVE and OWR intersections along with SAM - 3 - PEGs Dirt Roads, SAM - 5 - Torolca's Dirt Streets and hopefully SAM - A - BSC Park Paths.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

dedgren

I've got some time set aside late today to do the beta test thing with these- I'm in awe based on what I've seen thus far.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

threestooges

Sorry I have commented here in a while, but I had to stop in and say how great this all looks. This is something the game "needed" for a long time. If you still need another beta tester, please let me know. I would be happy to put it through its paces.

Shiftred

SC4 is over four years old and just now one of the greatest mods is coming to light.  Everyone involved in SAM your efforts are much appreciated.

Meastro444

Quote from: Shiftred on September 09, 2007, 12:39:22 PM
SC4 is over four years old and just now one of the greatest mods is coming to light.  Everyone involved in SAM your efforts are much appreciated.
i second this!! &apls
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

flame1396

Quote from: Shiftred on September 09, 2007, 12:39:22 PM

QFT.

This game keeps getting better.

SC4 is really just a general idea and a title rather than the game itself
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

jplumbley

Since I had some time today and I know you guys will be asking about AVE intersections.... I got a little bit done in that respect.

Right now I dont have the Paths for these, I just have to find them in the SC DATs and copy them.... Then there is a small issue with the Diagonal AVE/SAM T-Intersection and then on stability issue to RUL for teh SAM/AVE 4way.  But that will have to wait till atleast tomorrow.

Heres a picture though:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

Great, although I would suggest the centre crossing be in a similar texture to the avenues.  I think it looks a little funny being this random patch of brick.  :thumbsup:

Gaston

jplumbley [Yesterday at 09:48:02 AM]
Quote@Gaston  Thank you very much for your offer.  Testing has gone very well and all the "issues" I expected were the ones that were reported.  Essentially, we are down to the final stages before "release" Readme, minor fixes, package then Release.  So, dont fret you will have a copy... sooner than later.
LOL   Okay,   I'll stop buggin ya.  LOL     I'm havin a hard time waiting for this one.     This is deffinately something that SC4 should have had in the very beginning.     ;D

Diggis [Today at 01:08:03 AM]
QuoteGreat, although I would suggest the centre crossing be in a similar texture to the avenues.  I think it looks a little funny being this random patch of brick.
I have to say that I agree with you.   That little patch of brick looks a bit odd.   It is funny because I don't think gravel or dirt would look as odd as the brick.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

mightygoose

if anything the brick should go across the entire avenue, thats what they would do in the UK and call it traffic calming around a junction, don't know how it would look in sc4 though....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Diggis

Quote from: mightygoose on September 10, 2007, 05:32:45 AM
if anything the brick should go across the entire avenue, thats what they would do in the UK and call it traffic calming around a junction, don't know how it would look in sc4 though....

For a road maybe, but not a major avenue.  We have them in places for the roads.

JosefBrisko135

JP! I will look into making the brick intersection for my set and send it to you! I need the avenue base thing could you perhaps provide that for me?
Your signature was TOO BIG and TOO BULKY ... System ADMIN

bat

That's a great looking new intersection, jplumbley! :thumbsup:

jplumbley

Quote from: JosefBrisko135 on September 10, 2007, 07:07:40 AM
JP! I will look into making the brick intersection for my set and send it to you! I need the avenue base thing could you perhaps provide that for me?

Already done Josef...  It is comprised of a crosswalk and the straight piece with the AVE overlaid.  What I have said before is all I need is the Base 5 pieces:

Straight
90 Turn
End Piece
T Intersection
+ Intersection

With these 5 pieces I can extract all of the existing Intersections and make the proper overlays to create the SAM pieces at a much quicker rate.  I am good at this with the SAM Street Pieces, but I think Diggis, I am going to ask you to do the Gravel and Dirt roads for the intersections (you seem to have a talent at making good on these).

Josefbrisko - What would be REALLY, REALLY helpful! Would be a template for the Roundabouts and the Corner Roundabout thing.  Roundabouts will require 4 textures that I can think of offhand:

Roundabout Quarter Circle
Roundabout/Road Intersection
Roundabout/OWR Intersection
Roundabout/Street Intersection (this will be the texture for what ever SAM set it is)

I would like to attempt a test of the inter-SAM inetsections as well.  I dont know if I can get these intersections to stablize, but it will be interesting to attempt atleast anyways.

Info on SAM BETA v1 is getting closer to release.  I got a bunch done on the weekend, but we will have to see how much time I have during the week this week.  If RL goes well... Maybe this weekend...  If RL doesnt like me, then we will have to wait again for a release.  Lets just say its close enough with the recent stability additions I made to the code this weekend to be released sooner than later.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

Cool, if you send me through the ave and owr bases I'll have a crack sometime this week hopefully (I keep getting meeting scheduled during my lunch hour  :angrymore:)

How did you go with the Diagonal textures extraction?

Oh and did you have a good chat with my missus last night?  :P

Starmanw402007

I like the latest photos on the SAM project. Keep Up the Great Work.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities OF Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

thundercrack83

Things seem to be moving quite well on this front! Fabulous work, everyone! I look forward to seeing more development!

jimmymac

Ok, i did some more testing today and came out with an interesting issue. I have been able to recreate the zot issue I was previously having on every single SAM texture. I even have pictures to show the path that I took in doing it.

First i dropped the puzzle piece between an avenue and a one way street. Note the building on the left of the prospective street is fine.

Connect it up and boom a few seconds later the building has no road access, nothing else has changed apart from drawing in the SAM street to the left of it.

Delete the SAM and the zot remains for a few moments before....

dissapearing completely.

I don't know if this is going to shed anymore light on this issue, but I spent close to 30 mins recreating this on every texture and the outcome was the same each time. I have no clue if it is an issue with the one way street or the avenue, but something is causing it to happen.