• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Hope the testing is going well, everyone! I'm eager to see some development, but of course, no rush!

Diggis

Quote from: Filasimo on September 07, 2007, 08:50:55 PM
Attn Beta Testers:
Im asking you guys if you can take pics of the SAM when used with other mods such as the euro texture mods. I will be using the pics for the SAM readme I am developing. The pics i need are SAM intersections, network transitions such as street to road, etc. with the euro mod or any other texture mods. Post them on here if you can.
Thanks for all your guys help in testing.
A karma treat for the first person that posts these requested pics up  :thumbsup:
Ryan

Sorry normal old road textures for me.  (do we support the Euro Mod yet?)

beskhu3epnm

I finally had some snaps of the SAM in game. As I promised the other day.... (OK so it's tough to get around to!!)

I focused on implementing the SAM on some slopes, to see if that affected anything. This is a 10 slope (from the ground level highway with slope mod).

Most times the mod was implemented with perfection.

Of course, sometimes you need to make some changes...

In which case all hell would break loose... I tried later to grow on the reverted textures and they remained reverted. I think this was addressed already? Nevertheless, the mod is fully compliant with the slope mod I have installed (to which I modified further). There was also an instance where Jeroni's Street mod interfered with the SAM by reverting to that mod (and standard textures) when next to certain buildings? I only caught a glimpse of it briefly (I was in the process of bulldozing the road... so I didn;t get a good view. I am 100% sure that this happened), but I was never able to replicate that instance.

This shows the variations in sidewalks, and the fact that it supports *my* buildings without dilapidating. Hmm...

Anyways, overall, this well finally change the game with regards to the streets. I'm already making plans for it, especially once it is fully released...

Great Job!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Starmanw402007

Awesome Updates, keep up the great work and keep-em coming!

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities OF Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

flame1396

Cool. Diagonals?

I am looking forward to old downtowns with brick streets. And brick streets in rich areas and slums without brick streets :)
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Diggis

No, no diagonals, for the moment at least.  Jason went into the reasons earlier in the thread.  I am hoping to learn enough from him in the process to give them a go, but that will be after the first set is done.

flame1396

Well... The straights are good in themselves.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

jplumbley

Quote from: Diggis on September 08, 2007, 01:45:13 AM
Sorry normal old road textures for me.  (do we support the Euro Mod yet?)

No, Euro MOD is not supported.... (sorry to the Euro MOD Curator.. There will be alot of textures to play with.)
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Filasimo

hey diggis do ya mind taking pics of the intersections with the SAM with the euro road textures? also if anyone can also take pics of the SAM with the other sidewalk mods and tree mods. Im setting up a compatibility section in the read me and i need screenies..whoever can post me some pics karma for youuu!  :thumbsup:  keep it up guys!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Starmanw402007

Just Curious, will we be albe to have different types of streets in a city with the new SAM Mod?

Your Friend;
Your Friend;

Tarkus

Starman, to answer your question, yes. :)  The whole purpose of the SAM is to allow one to utilize multiple street textures within a city.  They can all co-exist thanks to the puzzle drag technology.

-Alex (Tarkus)

iamgoingtoeatyou

amazing, can't wait to get my hands on this one! great work everyone :thumbsup:

jplumbley

A quickie SAM Readme has been added to every page.  No excuses now for not looking for the answer or not reading the readme.  It is now right in front of you on every page.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

BigSlark

Great job SAM team!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your hard work and I'm looking forward to Beta 1.

Cheers,
Kevin

Diggis

Quote from: Filasimo on September 08, 2007, 01:37:20 PM
hey diggis do ya mind taking pics of the intersections with the SAM with the euro road textures? also if anyone can also take pics of the SAM with the other sidewalk mods and tree mods. Im setting up a compatibility section in the read me and i need screenies..whoever can post me some pics karma for youuu!  :thumbsup:  keep it up guys!

If you can post a link for me, I can install it and post some pics for you.  I don't have time to hunt for it right now sorry.

Meastro444

search for eurotex on the LEX, you'll find it there ;)
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Diggis

Except the Lex doesn't have a keyword search.  :thumbsdown:

jimmymac

Sorry for not being able to post any more pics for the last few days, I've not had as much time as I thought I would in which to test. I've spent a few hours in it today however and I am pleased to report that I haven't had the zots come up again, so we can rule that out as a rogue problem.

I've been going through testing the SAM on some gradients today in Bedford and I can happily report that it works fine, even better I can show you that it works fine.

Here is a pre-SAM picture of the area

and now, some post-SAM pics of the same area, using the MTP gravel street texture.

As you can see it accepts the gradient perfectly. It even re-textured half the area when i simply connected the SAM portion to the existing street, all I had to do was re-draw over the existing street parts and it re-textured them just fine, very simple and looks great.

Now, here is a couple of other pics from tests done in Stark, first using the red brick street texture.

And finally with the black asphault street.

Now in this picture I noticed that the texture reverts on this street when it connects with the avenue, but not with the street where it connects with the road on the other side (just outside of the picture). I'm not sure if this has been reported or not, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention it anyways.

Diggis

We don't support avenues, we think they are ugly.  :P

Actually, we just haven't done the work for them yet, someday hopefully.

jimmymac

I figured that might be the case, but at the same time i thought i'd report it just in case  :)