• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

Quote from: Diggis on September 04, 2007, 08:33:11 AM
I used T intersections for all of mine I think.  Might be the +? &mmm

Hmmm thinking about it... The reason it may work for you Diggis might be the direction the Sims are leaving the area.  If I mixed up the path files for one or 2 textures then the issue will be that on the T-intersections the paths might be rotated 90 degrees meaning one path will be servicing the empty square and the empty path might be servicing a tile that requires a path connection.  Meaning the Sims can drive one way on the road but not the other.   If there are 2 of these from opposite sides going to dead end areas in the same street, then the Sims will not be able to get to where they are going.  The other situation could be that the direction that goes towards jobs there might be blocked by this rotated path... The and there are no jobs on the side that is "open".

I hope that makes sense.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

RippleJet

Quote from: jplumbley on September 04, 2007, 04:32:57 AM
As for the SAM specific "issues".... The "side by side" textures a being reverted due to a stability issue.  This is a very rare case where you have 2 T-Intersections side by side, I have not gone through and done the Inersection beside Intersection stabilities (there are ALOT of them!).  Maybe over the next couple of days I will do them, but I am now gettting ready for some sort of public release.  So, any side by side Intersections will revert right now.

Not just with intersections, Jplumbley!

Dragging two parallell roads (not streets) next to each other, with SAM in the plugins folder, leads to the same result:

jimmymac

I had that problem too, however I'm fairly certain that he said it's due to a missing texture, not 100% on that though as I might have misinterpreted what was said.

Diggis

Yes, that one was due to some lurking information in the NAM controller for the RHW, or ATL-5, or someother 3 letter combination that is being created.  We are going to run out of 3 letter acronyms soon.

On another note, the gravel roads are missing the texture for crossing a rail line square on, and the grey pavers are missing the T intersection this roads.  I have images which I can upload a bit later, but I have just used the SAM in an existing city in quite a few places, and tried to mix up the textures, and have had no problem with residential access.

RippleJet

Quote from: jimmymac on September 04, 2007, 11:54:08 AM
I had that problem too, however I'm fairly certain that he said it's due to a missing texture, not 100% on that though as I might have misinterpreted what was said.

So he did... had to re-read the thread before I could find it... :-[

Quote from: jplumbley on September 04, 2007, 04:32:57 AM
To be totally honest, these are not really glitches.  Diggis for the Road side by side, the reason this is happening is because you are missing textures.  Those textures are the unreleased textures for TLA-5.

jplumbley

Quote from: Diggis on September 04, 2007, 12:07:23 PM
On another note, the gravel roads are missing the texture for crossing a rail line square on, and the grey pavers are missing the T intersection this roads.  I have images which I can upload a bit later, but I have just used the SAM in an existing city in quite a few places, and tried to mix up the textures, and have had no problem with residential access.

OK.. I know what happened with the Cobblestone T-Intersection.. That was my fault, I deleted the texture for No Wealth because when I made them from PNGs to FSH files I used the Herringbone one instead... Then I forgot to redo that texture.

Gravel Roads... the Rail intersections have not been created yet.  It was something I put off and forgot to do.

OK!! I am glad to hear that Diggis about the paths.. but I dont know why this is happening for Jimmymac.  I will still investigate later.

BTW, good job on figuring this stuff out!  You guys are GREAT.  And way to go and re-read and find something I already said.. hehe I will have numerous issues with people not reading later.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

RippleJet

Quote from: jplumbley on September 04, 2007, 12:47:55 PM
And way to go and re-read and find something I already said.. hehe I will have numerous issues with people not reading later.

I hope I don't have to do some re-reading once again now... :P

About the asphalt streets, depending on which direction you build them, you will or will not get them...

In the pictures below, north is up!

When laying the starter piece, it looks ok in all directions.
However, after plopping them, only the ones facing south and west are good:

Dragging from the one facing west (or south), works as it should:

Dragging from the one facing east (or north), you get the following:

with the following end result:

jplumbley

@Ripplejet  That is not something I am good at Tarkus, made the puzzle pieces for me so he has to answer that one, or Memo if he happens to stop by.  Good Catch!

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

Ahh, I meant to mention this, as I was having similar problems, but not only with that, I don't think, Also with others.  I will test that tomorrow.  On the gravel, with rail, I'll sort it.  I actually though that there were some in the file you sent, but I'll check and get them done soon.

jplumbley

@Diggis  Thanks for dealing with the Gravel/Rail intersections.

@Jimmymac  I have gone through the SC4Paths for the Herringbone Textures.  None seem to be out of place or imporperly done.  I dont know what your issue is, noone else so far has reported that issue.  If you have Buggi's DLL Cheats, would you mind taking a picture of the area with the ShowPaths cheat on?  That would tell us if the paths are there and lining up for you.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

ssc4k

this is kinda random but is it possible to use htese pieces for well.... heres an example

have a normal one way 2 lane road then plop one of these and make it a functional 3 lane one way???
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

jimmymac

OK, the good news is I just ran the game again and rebuilt the area (game crashed before i could save before, not SAM or SC4 related, i forgot to set the affinity to processer 1) and the pathing is working fine, i ran the drawpaths cheat and it worked perfectly. I have no clue what caused it before, it may have been a bit of a bug due to my forgetting the affinity.

Sorry to have wasted your time with that one.

beskhu3epnm

I tried the SAM under differing circumstances. I get a mixture of the same problems the other users are speaking of when doing what they are doing...

During normal residential and light commercial development, however, everything seems to be working fine. It's just those weird combinations I guess that are tripping it up right now.

As I can see, you have the best modders and testers here hammering it out!! From a basic user perspective, it works pretty well.

I hope to get pics up by the morning on some slopes... see how it handles those.

Excellent progress!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jplumbley

Quote from: ssc4k on September 04, 2007, 04:08:42 PM
this is kinda random but is it possible to use htese pieces for well.... heres an example

have a normal one way 2 lane road then plop one of these and make it a functional 3 lane one way???

If you are talking about a Puzzle Piece Starter, then yes it is 100% possible to make the 3-Lane Roads like what Tarkus has shown in another thread.  That mod plus a few others have been slated for addition to the NWM.  NWM is making use of multiple RUL Override methods to add ne networks and SAM is just the first release in a line of releases that will make use of this new technology that has evolved quite quickly over the past 9 months.

@Beskhu3epmn  Thanks for the update.  All the "errors" I have seen are not unexpected.  I look forward to your pics tomorrow!

@Jimmymac  Glad to here the paths are working!  I couldnt find anything wrong and my test earlier this week didnt show anything wrong.  Thanks for the info!

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Tarkus

Tage, it looks like the issue you might be facing has something to do with the type of "false intersection" I used to initiate the puzzle drag override in RUL 0x10000001.  If I change the false intersection setting, that should solve the problem. ;)

-Alex

mightygoose

have you considered the PEG scenic drive kit, i assuming thats where you got the parking textures from but what about as a thin street without pavements... for parks and stuff...

[linkie]
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

jplumbley

Yes, Mightygoose.  I would definately like to get those into the SAM eventually.  I did the parking lots first because I cannot have two textures for the same network piece.  I am thinking it may be suitable to make some of these pieces into puzzle pieces rather than draggable.  I havent decided what the best course would be yet.  Eventually, in one shape or another the PEGs Scenic drive will be somewhat draggable and functional.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

mightygoose

also maybe of not i did a set of industrial versions of the kit, nothing major just change in base texture and props.... people complained that they werent functional....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

jplumbley

Please either send me a PM regarding any new texture sets you wish to add or provide me a link to the texture DAT in which I can review.  If you are willing to fix up the textures to be to the SAM standards I have put in place there will be no problem in adding them to the project.  Obviously, they will not be in the first release adn will have to wait until SAM BETA v2 release.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Filasimo

Attn Beta Testers:
Im asking you guys if you can take pics of the SAM when used with other mods such as the euro texture mods. I will be using the pics for the SAM readme I am developing. The pics i need are SAM intersections, network transitions such as street to road, etc. with the euro mod or any other texture mods. Post them on here if you can.
Thanks for all your guys help in testing.
A karma treat for the first person that posts these requested pics up  :thumbsup:
Ryan
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//