• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

Hello again.

Ive been playing around copying some SC4Path files.  The paths are working properly atleast they seem to be working properly more testing is required to make sure.

As you can see in this first picture there are 3 SAM texture sets.  Also the original Street Texture set is shown to be existing and has not been replaced.  Now... 2 Suburbs have grown with working Paths for the sims to get to work.  The one in the bottom uses the SAM - Cobblestone Textures.  The one on the right is the SAM - Herringbone Textures.  The last set is the parking lot.  The Parking lots are draggable and have paths, as you can see the CS has grown around the edge of the parking lot.  Unfortunately there are some sims using it as a shortcut, but that is easily stopped by the way you layout the parking lot enterances.  Sim will use the parking lots in the same fashion they use the streets, I cannot prevent "short cuts" at all.

In this second picture you will see there is one new texture set shown.  This is a more complete set of of PEGs Gravel Roads.  The original set only had the base 6 textures right now there are 18 textures in the set and it will be expanded to be a complete set.

Pictures are linked to bigger versions.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

RippleJet

This is awesome, jplumbley! &apls

mightygoose

has anyone looked at glenni's european road TE lots... some of those textures are screaming SAM
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Glenni

They don't have, turns, intersections, diagonal or anythings of textures though, someone would need to make those. ::)

jplumbley

Thanks for the support everyone.

@Glenni and Mightygoose  I require a minimum of a 5 texture base set.  But I have much other work on other projects I would rather do.  So, if someone contacts me with the 5 texture base set I will give them what they need for the rest of the textures to make it of SAM quality.  The 5 texture base set includes:

End Piece
Straight Piece
90 Turn
T Intersection
+ Intersection

Off of these 5 pieces ALL other textures for intersections can be created by simple overlays.  But then of course some NAM additions like Roundabouts need to be made separately.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

EDGE4194

Quote from: RippleJet on August 21, 2007, 01:19:28 PM
This is awesome, jplumbley! &apls

i couldn't say it any better! your hard work with this is truly appreciated  &apls

thundercrack83

Excellent work, my friend! The SAM looks superb!

Diggis

Quote from: Diggis on August 20, 2007, 06:11:10 AM
Can someone do me a favour?  I would like a few in game screen shots of intersections.  What I need are the 4 types of road/street T intersections and the 4 road/street X intersections.

ie:
S       S      S      S      S      S      R       R
RRR   RRR   SRR   SRR   RRR   SRR   SRR   SSS
S       R      R      S

Hope they make sense.  You should be able to get them all in 1 or 2 screen shots.  Also please do it without and plugins, so I can see the default looks. (I need to know where lights and crossings will occur)

Any one able to do this?

bat

That is looking fantastic, jplumbley! :thumbsup:

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Chrisadams3997

QuoteQuote from: Diggis on August 20, 2007, 08:11:10 AM
Can someone do me a favour?  I would like a few in game screen shots of intersections.  What I need are the 4 types of road/street T intersections and the 4 road/street X intersections.

ie:
S        S       S       S        S      S       R        R
RRR   RRR   SRR   SRR   RRR   SRR   SRR   SSS
S        R      R       S

Got these as close in as I could, and I think I got them all like you wanted. The stop signs are hard to tell from some angles, so I've tried to clarify that.

in order:

Really like what yall are doing here.  Keep up the good work.

Diggis

thanks Chris.... Karma for you.

Chrisadams3997

Yoman

This is quite genius and very useful to me, as I like to use redbrick only in certain parts of my cities. Thank you very much for making such a grand effort and this idea :)

jplumbley

Hello everyone,

I would like to announce that a pre-BETA SAM has been sent to the Testers.  Once I get the readme and the installer completed and the testers approvals there should be a BETA v1 Released.  No specific release date is set I have one in mind but they can never be set in stone as the testers may find something I missed.

I hope this excites the minds out there.

SAM BETA v1 will include:

SAM - 1 - Parking Lots
These textures were created by Pegasus.  I have updated them to be transit textures and added sidewalks and grass where applicable.

SAM - 2 - Herringbone Streets
These textures were created by Ardecila.  I have updated them and completed them for all wealth levels.

SAM - 4 - Gravel Streets
These textures were created by Pegasus.  I have updated them and completed them for all wealth levels.

SAM - 7 - Asphalt Streets
These textures were created by HableurgDiggis has updated them and completed them for all wealth levels.

SAM - 8 - Cobblestone Streets
These textures were created by xannepan.  I have updated them and completed them for all wealth levels.

SAM - 9 - Brick Streets
These textures were created by Josefmayor and ScruffyDeluxeDiggis has updated them and completed them for all wealth levels.

All Streets sets to this point include:

All Standard textures (Straight, 90 Turn, End, T-intersection and 4way-intersection)
All Road 4way and T-intersections
All Rail intersections.

Thankyou to everyone who has helped me get this far. (Hableurg, Tarkus, Diggis and all the testers).  Testers, may now post any pictures that they may have in this thread until the release of SAM BETA v1.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

Psssst.... this is awesome.....  &apls

I had a very quick play with it.  Have had a few issues arrise, which I will try to get picks for tomorrow but will describe briefly now.

1. Not sure if this is cos of SAM, but when I tried to drag a road next to another road (I was looking at SAM intersections) the road texture dissapeared.  I'll try this without the SAM tomorrow, but thought you should be aware so you can check it.

2. On the Scruffy delux set, I had some issues with turning corners, and doubling back.  Try to drag a road straight, the loop it back on itself.  I had it turning to normal streets again.

On a side note, I have emailed you the revised textures for the gravel road intersections.  Let me know what you think.

M4346

I love what you all have done and I look forward to seeing the final result! I congratulate you on a job well done thus far! :)

Thanks for the time and effort put into this, I love it already! :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jimmymac

I've just had a quick run through with this in SC4, have to say the who thing is so easy to use and looks brilliant. I've come across a couple of small problems, but also developed my first SAM area, which looks really nice. I even thought to take pictures so people can see.

Firstly this is the problem I am having; the puzzle piece for textures 3, 5 and 6 all look like this, and when I drag the street from them it turns invisible, as you can see in the picture. The only other issue I could see is that the paths don't seem to upgrade with the wealth level, although this could be down to it being a pre-beta, but i thought i'd best report it anyways just incase.

Now, with that bit of reporting out of the way, this is a small area of Stark that I just developed usings a combination of the BSC parks and the SAM.

I will post some more pics tomorrow as I get more of a chance to test it, but so far I love what I see.

Gaston

Very kool indeed.   I'm really looking forward to this.    I'd be happy to give it a beta test when you are ready to have it tested.    I noticed you don't have a GLR Xing yet.   is that in the works as well?

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09