• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

Very, cool that will look good for the gravel and dirt roads.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Glenni

infact i'd like having these replace the $ street light props at normal street too, for a separeate mod, lol :D

Travis

That looks great Glenni! However, it might not look too good on steep slopes.  &mmm

Glenni

oh...right, now that's a problem, how can we possibly solve this? &mmm

jplumbley

Dlenni you can solve this by making the wires a separate prop model.   The prop properties can be set so that it is slope conforming.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Glenni

Sound fair enough, though i gave these to swamper for rendering, i'll talk to him later on today.

Glenni

Here's a broken fence prop, is this the kind you wanted?? &mmm

EDIT:

Here's a 2nd prop this one is without posts on the end, so it supposed to be connected to the first prop

EDIT2 : i got no idea if you also wanted crappy chain link fences, but here's also some!

metasmurf

Andreas

Quote from: Travis on July 13, 2007, 08:12:42 PM
That looks great Glenni! However, it might not look too good on steep slopes.  &mmm

I guess there is no feasible way to solve this problem. Even with individual slope conforming props and the like, you can never predict the actual percentage of the slope, so it would look odd if you don't smooth it very carefully. The props may be able to handle a very slight slope, but everything else is more or less a game of luck.
Andreas

Zaphod

IMO a barbed wire fence would look good too

War Kittens !?

Glenni

good idea, though i hope you don't mind if they don't show up that good. &mmm

jplumbley

@Glenni  I will for sure use the broken wooden fences.  They look good, is it possible to make 2 more versions, that way the "randomness" will work much better.  I will try and find a place where the broken chain link fence is useful.  Maybe in a low density commercial area, but it will look funny in a spot where the zone touches the road and requires road access.  I will try to find a useful spot for it.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

mightygoose

well if you did a fence like this

then you could have the vertical bars as individual props and the horizontal bars as individual slope conforming props.... but i feel that would be impractical...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

jplumbley

Well... I have heard some news from Tarkus.  He has been able to figure out what I did wrong on my first puzzle piece attempt.  One day soon we will get together and make a set of them for the SAM starter pieces.

In the mean time I have been slowed down by school.  I guess thats more important :P.  Anyways, I have been working on some RULing in the spare time and today I decided to take another shot at the textures.   Here is a picture:  Tell me if you think its useful to have draggable parking lots with paths rather than capacity.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Jonathan

Excellent work. Draggable parking sounds fantastic. I personally think the parking better draggable with paths rather than capacity. Just wondering if it's possible to make the textures one long parking lot with out all the breaks ( the dips at the end of each cell) maybe a break occassionally, but I don't know if that's possible. Hopefully I will one day.

jplumbley

I am very bored today if you cant tell by now... I started working on the BSC Park Paths.

Hope you like them!

Street Addon Mod - SAM

hoshattack

So are the BSC park paths going to function as roads so you won't get the "No Road Connection" zot?

Glenni

Seems like it

look at the zone developing

jplumbley

Quote from: hoshattack on July 18, 2007, 09:11:33 PM
So are the BSC park paths going to function as roads so you won't get the "No Road Connection" zot?

Well, at the moment these dont have paths.  I am going to path these with only Pedestrian traffic paths.  Hopefully since this is draggable rather than a puzzle piece the residential zoning will work properly.  I have only gotten the textures working today, I will try to get a test working with pathing when I get ahold of Swamper77 for making the path files.  Only a test will give us the answer.  If not these will still be very useful in urban downtowns where trains, subways and bus stops are plentiful.  But these will still look good in your park areas, and if your sims wish they will still be pathed.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

Very nice.  On the note of making them Ped only, does that mean you can make the Ped mall draggable? 

As for the parking lots, brilliant idea, will allow us to make shopping complexes and still have the road connections.  I love it.