• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Yes, that's a lot of IIDs to change.  But if someone does this, it would seem to me to be quite useful to upload such a set of textures to the LEX, so that other people wouldn't have to duplicate the work.  It would also make this mod available to people who wouldn't know how to do it themselves.

carkid1998

It would be very useful(I have vista and I dont a thing about texture modding)for many people Those Maxis streets are horrible and only slightly fit in suburban areas
Sendona... Coming soon!

aaaling

Street Cul-de-sac Mod is very good with the SAM but for the textures that do not have rounded dead end they will not be replaced to the rounded dead ends in Street Cul-de-sac Mod.

Signature:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :P :P :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :P :P

z

The RTMT SAM Stations are basically finished, and I am now taking final comments about their form and layout.  If you want to see what they look like and possibly make suggestions, check out the most recent posts on these stations starting here.

joker09

I installed NAM and SAM but I have some problems with Peg Dirt Roads.
when I cross this roads with rail I got a brown square/

Im putting a ss to show what Im saying

any ideia what is the problem?

Diggis

There is a patch for this about 2 or 3 pages back mate.

Here actually : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1617.msg142773#msg142773 :P

Bobbi

Quote from: Diggis on May 01, 2009, 08:46:16 AM
There is a patch for this about 2 or 3 pages back mate.

Here actually : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1617.msg142773#msg142773 :P
Thanks, Diggis :D

I have this problem too.

---Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

joker09

dragonshardz

Something I've noticed: some SAM sets don't have a STR/DTR crossing and some revert to DTR when crossed by STR. I'd post a picture, but I'm @ school at the moment and my computer at home is having some issues.

Swamper77

The NAM Team already knows about this. SAM was made before STR so an update will be made in the future to accommodate the STR crossing SAM streets. No idea of when that will be though....

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

JoeST

The diagonal SAM off SAM roundabouts revert back to the default street and the horrible roundabout grass. also diag-street to diag-road is nasty too.

Thanks

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

KoV Liberty

Quote from: Swamper77 on May 01, 2009, 12:31:41 PM
The NAM Team already knows about this. SAM was made before STR so an update will be made in the future to accommodate the STR crossing SAM streets. No idea of when that will be though....

-Jan

Actually some textures work. But not all.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

pierreh

Within the realm of the RTMT project I have assisted with the translation to French of some texts. One file in which I inserted LTEXT subfiles with French texts is the one of RTMT stations for SAM streets (RTMT_SAM_Locales.dat). While translating the texts in that file I noticed that the texts for the SAM street textures themselves have not been translated to French (at least). If there is interest, I could provide these translations; I would just need to be pointed to the file(s) containing the relevant LTEXT subfiles.

Flatron

will there  ever be a sam 4?
In happy expectation, Flatron

Tarkus

Douzerouge, that would be excellent!

Flatron, to answer your question, it's kind of an unknown as to whether or not there will actually be a SAM Version 4.  jplumbley has been inactive for sometime now.  However, I've got several starter pieces in place from awhile ago when we had been discussing the possibility of a SAM Version 4, and the way the RULs are set up, if folks were to create complete texture sets for inclusion, it would be relatively easy to add them and assemble a new version.

-Alex

RebaLynnTS

I have the download needed to make the textures, now I just need to think of some to make :)
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

nerdly_dood

I have a somewhat incomplete texture set for the SAM - currently it's set for slot 2, currently held by the Herringbone streets, but due to my current concentration on automata modding, I'm unable to work on them. I have all the necessary PNG files - if you'd like I can upload the textures to a file-hosting site to allow someone who does have time to put them all in-game do so. (Somewhere in this thread I've attached an incomplete version of my Cracked Asphalt nerdly_streets, which is functional for the standard straight, 90 curve, T and + intersections, and dead end, as well as orthagonal OWR intersections, but nothing else.)

If someone is willing to complete the texture set, as well as change the set IIDs so that it doesn't replace Set #2, I'm willing to upload the textures to a file-hosting site to allow them to complete it for me, for inclusion in SAM v4 if it's going to happen.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Dino007

I have a problem. I installed new NAM but now I don't have anymore wide radius curves for SAM (before I had them)  ()what()
TIGR

Leodido

They are located in the FAR button, at the end after all the road pieces.

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

deathtopumpkins

No, actually, they are located at the end of the Rural Roads tabring. If you no longer have them after installing the new NAM, are you sure you checked to install the Rural Roads plugin?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores