• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hey Shaun I got a question since now I am understanding texture creating a little more... I reopened my SAM set the gravel road and what I was wondering if all I got to do to finish it off to get it in game is use the base stuff and the alphas that you gave in the creation set??? If that is what I am understanding correctly... I still think I am way in over my head but I am going nuts lol hehehee  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

You have 2 options there Pat.  You can finish them up and then create the texture DAT using one of the existing SAM numbers which will replace and existing set with yours. (ie replace Pegs gravel)

The other option is to use one of the numbers that aren't part of the current set and then bug someone who knows RULs to add in the ones for you.  I think Jason has a grand plan, but he's on a break from the game at the moment.  I would suggest in the short term make yours as a replacement as it's simple enough to change that later.

Pat

OK I will do a replacement set on Pegs Gravel set and see what damage I can do from there  ;) So I am correctly guessing that the textures included in the devolpment kit all I would have to do is add my texture to them to finish them up?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

Not quite sure what you are asking there Pat, but every texture included in the development kit needs to have a texture done for it and they should all have a number which is the IID to be put into the SC4Tool when converting it to a FSH file.

LE0

Is the SAM development dead?%wrd i just posted here to say thanks for this awsome mod.

PS GLR-in-street sounds more like T-RAM than SAM.
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Pat

Hey Shaun I must have missed your reply gaah I am slacking lol... Anywho OK so I need to use SC4Tool to convert the textures to a FSH file?

Diggis

Quote from: Pat on February 09, 2009, 08:49:57 PM
Hey Shaun I must have missed your reply gaah I am slacking lol... Anywho OK so I need to use SC4Tool to convert the textures to a FSH file?

Correct.  Can I suggest you read the readme included with the development set?  :D  You need to do everything in there.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: LE0 on February 09, 2009, 02:24:48 PM
Is the SAM development dead?%wrd i just posted here to say thanks for this awsome mod.

PS GLR-in-street sounds more like T-RAM than SAM.

The development is on hold at the moment due to Jason and I having serious RL issues.  Hopefully we will be able to get back to it some time soon.  &mmm

smoncrie

I noticed that some people don't like the dirt texture you get near farms when using SAM-3 (PEGs Dirt Road), so I made a little mod to change this to the low wealth grass texture. I did not have time to do the intersections between dirt roads and ordinary roads, so these are unchanged.

The mod is attached to this post. I hope you like it.

smoncrie

j-dub

That is well appreciated Smoncrie. While I don't have a dirt problem, this well help alot of people that do.

Zelgadis

Hmmm...  I did a lot of digging around and it's looking like my problem is unique...  Yay, figures, don't it?    &Thk/(

Well, anyways, here's what I got:

NAM Apr. 2008
SAM Beta v.3

A few things aren't working properly.  The main thing I'm interested in is diagonal streets.  On all of my SAM textures, it reverts back to concrete whenever I try to use diagonal streets.

Left turn road/SAM transitions also retain the original Maxis textures.  Though I think I read about that earlier in this thread as a known issue.

Monorail overlaps also revert to original street textures, though given the readme, I'm thinking that this issue hasn't been addressed yet.  I notice nobody pays any attention to monorail ever since HSR came out.  :P  (One of these days, I'm going to learn how to make a bridge skin so that I can do something about that horrible, awful, ugly, nightmare, what-the-hell-were-they-thinking, default Maxis monorail bridge  ;D )

One more bizarre little niggle.  Whenever I make a SAM street, construction starts, of course.  But the construction noises never, ever stop unless I save the game.  But this is probably too small of a thing to devote resources to looking into.  :P

ISF

Jonathan

You should probably download the latest NAM, Jan 2009, you can get it here on the LEX and at the STEX. The reverting back to concrete sounds like a controller issue, otherwise you'd get blank textures, so I think you SAM version is correct. Hopefully downloading the new NAM will work :)

Jonathan

smoncrie

I have another mod that is very similar to the one I made available in my previous post, but for SAM-5 (Trolcas Dirt Streets).  This mod also puts low wealth grass on the sides of the dirt road when it is near a farm.  I have attached the mod to this post.

In making this mod I found the there are some missing textures in the SAM:  0x5e577510-0x5e577514 (the wide "U").   This means that the dirt road wide "U" will look like it is on pavement, if it is near a low wealth + low density lot.  My mod does not fix this problem but I made sure that the corresponding farm textures were NOT missing.

I hope this is useful.

smoncrie

homefryes

Hi, no screenie to accompany my post, but I think I can describe it without.
Diagonal street, SAM-3 texture, at a diagonal railroad crossing (standard 2-track with the updated rail textures); I get two blank squares (no textures at all) at the crossing. I don't know if this is the case with other SAM textures. Am I missing a file/files or an update somewhere? I don't have this issue with streets in standard texture. Thanks, all!

— Don.
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

dedgren

Those are in fact missing textures, Don.  I discovered that situation too making Set 3 crissing textures for the STR.  There is no time left to make the current update- I have fixing that as a high priority to-do for the next one, though.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

homefryes

Ahh, very well. Thanks for the response, David. I was thinking I was missing something, and that I would have to try to figure out what it was. I also noticed the texture for the transition from diagonal road to diagonal SAM-3 (straight line, not an intersection) is also missing, so you know. I have not noticed any issues with other SAM textures, but am only playing with -3 and -4 right now. Thanks again!

— Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

Diggis

Hmm, I might need to look and see what textures are missing and do a patch as I'm pretty sure they are all done.   It's just a case of including them with the right IID.

LE0

Before my computer broke I noticed the Ortho SAM 3 X Ortho Dual Rail showed a brown square and was missing. &mmm
Leoland coming Spring 2009

dedgren

Here are the textures (surface and alpha) for the SAM3 over dual track.  I looked for them everywhere, Shaun (Diggis), and didn't see them.

The PNGs are attached to this post for your convenience.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Diggis

Quote from: dedgren on March 05, 2009, 11:17:30 AM
Here are the textures (surface and alpha) for the SAM3 over dual track.  I looked for them everywhere, Shaun (Diggis), and didn't see them.

The PNGs are attached to this post for your convenience.

David

Possibly because you don't have access to my external hard drive.  I would be very surprised if you had of found them :P

dedgren

Yes, that capability is one I don't have yet.

So, now you can do a patch in stereo, my friend.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...