• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgt

Thank you so much,

now it works well!  :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

I didn't even know about that problem!  Well, now I won't have to find it and figure out how to avoid it... :p

&apls
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

bakerton

I never had any problems with SAM at all; even with that texture and intersection. To me, it works great. If I do get the problem, I know here to download the fix. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

schooner2

Hi,

I have been playing around with the SAM, latest version, and noticed it does not work with Swamper 77 No Palm Mod.  I was wondering if this can be worked out in the next version of the SAM?
"Proclaiming your religion, race, ethnicity, gender just cheapens your image.  After all, aren't we all just human?"  - Anonymous

jplumbley

Quote from: schooner2 on July 15, 2008, 12:19:39 PM
Hi,

I have been playing around with the SAM, latest version, and noticed it does not work with Swamper 77 No Palm Mod.  I was wondering if this can be worked out in the next version of the SAM?

Actually, that would be something that would have to be addressed by Swamper77.  The "No Palm Mod" is a mod that works the same way as Jeronij's Street Side Mod and new Tye 21s will be required to be added for the SAM Textures.  This would be a HUGE job to undertake, considering the number of textures included in the SAM currently.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Tarkus

schooner2, I'd take a look at c.p.'s Palm to Lodgepole mod and a couple similar ones he did (on the LEX).  I'm using that one myself, and it does work with the SAM, and it also changes Palms on any Lots, too.  I haven't looked at the file in much detail, but it more or less replaces the Palm prop with one at the same Instance ID.

(Oh, and JP, congrats on the SAM thread reaching 1000 posts!)

-Alex (Tarkus)

schooner2

Quote from: Tarkus on July 15, 2008, 02:26:40 PM
schooner2, I'd take a look at c.p.'s Palm to Lodgepole mod and a couple similar ones he did (on the LEX).  I'm using that one myself, and it does work with the SAM, and it also changes Palms on any Lots, too.  I haven't looked at the file in much detail, but it more or less replaces the Palm prop with one at the same Instance ID.

(Oh, and JP, congrats on the SAM thread reaching 1000 posts!)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Thanks for the advice, Alex (Tarkus)!  I'll have to check into the CP mod.  I cannot stand the Palm Trees while I am trying to make a New England village!   BTW, Prog rock is great!  I listen to it all the time! :thumbsup:
"Proclaiming your religion, race, ethnicity, gender just cheapens your image.  After all, aren't we all just human?"  - Anonymous

sithlrd98

Hello , great work with the mod to all involved &apls I've got a question and wasn't sure which tread to post in (SAM textures or this one). Any way , I understand that there are limited spots and that I think that with this being modular in nature , some texture groups with the same ID's can be used instead of another with the same ID,so you can have more variety. The question is , if you have a texture mod that doesn't fit in well in a major city(Pegs rural roadways)  , using reader , can you just copy the  entry IDs from one of the SAM dats that you are trying to change  over the individual files of the texture you are trying to import, kinda like with the sidewalk mods? Also , if this is possible , is there any easier way to figure out the groupings inside of these to figure out which texture you are trying to change (straight , curve etc..) without clicking each FSH file? Sorry again if this is the wrong spot  and for any confusion.  ()what() 

Jayson

Diggis

Jayson, if you download the texture creation set on the LEX it has the textures listed with correct IID's except for the Set number which is how you can alter which set shows up.

Sorengaard

Hi All,

I have just downloaded SAM v.3 into my C:Program Files\Maxis\SimCity Deluxe\Plugin folder where I also have my NAM file.  The problem I have is that when I try to use SAM v.3 it simply shuts the game down.  My NAM file is the most recent. so I don't have any idea where to check next.  I moved the SAM folder into the MyDocuments\Plugin file to see what that would do but it continued same as before.  Any suggestions as what I can check to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.  It looks like a great Mod so hopefully I can solve this problem. 

Steve

Diggis

Steve,

Please don't post the same question twice.  We will get back to you sooner or later.

Can you please do some more testing.  It sounds like you have a conflicting file somewhere.  Move everything out of your plugins folder, reinstall the NAM and then the SAM only into their default locations.  Start the game and see if it works in an empty region.  If so, then slowly move bits of your plugins back into your folder untill you have a crash.  Check the conflict trouble shooting tutorial linked in my sig for a good method.

carling

hi

I was wondering were to download the latest version of the SAM as i can not find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Diggis

It's available on the LEX.  Search either Jplumbly or NAM and it should come up.  You need to register first.

carling

Hi Diggis i have found thanks for pointing me in the direction

j-dub

Quote from: DiggisJ-Dub, did you ever post that in the SAM thread, and if not, please do.  That was excellent!
Back by request, SAM returns home on the big screen.
http://www.youtube.com/v/xCGxve_-CXY

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

nerdly_dood

[BUMP]

I'm sure many of you remember the problem that involved a Herringbone T intersection texture having the wrong Group ID and therefore being listed as a lot texture rather than a transit texture. Well what did I find today...but that very texture! (I opened a random lot to show it BTW)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Andreas

I just checked my files, and you're right - I wonder why I didn't notice this earlier.  %confuso
Andreas

nerdly_dood

A fix was released for that long ago, though - no major problem.

supercity124

Quote from: Glenni on July 13, 2007, 04:16:16 PM
Sorry for the bump, but how's this?

That is a nice power pole, can you use that as a prop to have it appear along streets, roads, avenues on sidewalks and release it on the STEX??
Cities will have tall buildings, and rural areas will have farms and power lines.

I AM YOUR LOCAL CITY PLANNER OF THE FUTURE