• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Alex,  the textures in SAM at the moment show the traffic for the road - street 4 way and T intersection where the road goes straight through in the manner you descripe.  The simulator may not however.  The textures don't tell the traffic where to stop.

EDGE4194

I apologize if I've overlooked this subject somewhere (I did actually look), but I have just discovered that the PEG Dirt road texture seems to be the only one without a rail crossing texture. Is this true, or did I miss something when installing? 

Andreas

I haven't looked at the textures, but it's quite possible that some textures are still missing (esp. for the dirt road textures). But no worries, the NAM Team is working on it. :)
Andreas

Diggis

It is there.  I'm pretty sure it workes for me.  Have you updated to SAM V2?  I think it was missing in an early version.  I think we have all the intersections for ground networks done.

EDGE4194

yes, I am using SAM v2. I've reinstalled all NAM components just to make sure I have the latest of everything. If it's just me, then any help trying to identify what I'm missing would be appreciated. (I get a totally blank square where the crossing should be.)

RebaLynnTS

It seems to me I noticed that one RR crossing texture was missing as well, will have to go back and double check.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Diggis

I've just checked the files and it appears that the new textures are missing from this set...  ()what()

It looks like we haven't updated that set when we released V2.  &mmm  The are done... I think....

*wanders off to check*

Edit:  Yes they do exist.  Will be in the next update, promise.

RebaLynnTS

No worries, just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page :)
Becca

EDGE4194

Thanks guys for verifying that it wasn't just me.  :)

j-dub

Question. I just got a new street mod from Heblem. Just like SAM it added a new network, but not puzzlepieces, but also not dragging. When you plop a default road down, and don't drag, its a parking lot, then more can be plopped next to each other that traffic will travel across it. It was amazing that cars actually go across and turn into the parking spaces, similar to the ATL when theres commercial around. So the ? is would it be possible if  PEG's spaces could do that as well with simulating the parking, now that this other mod has been made?

nerdly_dood

??? I don;t really get your meaning...but i could probably say SOMETHING helpful if i knew what it was you wanted to say... ()what()
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: j-dub on February 28, 2008, 09:24:57 AM
Question. I just got a new street mod from Heblem. Just like SAM it added a new network, but not puzzlepieces, but also not dragging. When you plop a default road down, and don't drag, its a parking lot, then more can be plopped next to each other that traffic will travel across it. It was amazing that cars actually go across and turn into the parking spaces, similar to the ATL when theres commercial around. So the ? is would it be possible if  PEG's spaces could do that as well with simulating the parking, now that this other mod has been made?

In short, Yes, however, you would only be able to use one mod at a time (to my knowledge).
Becca

jplumbley

Quote from: j-dub on February 28, 2008, 09:24:57 AM

I dont understand what you are asking about...  We could make custom paths for the Parking Lot Textures, but it wont physically make the cars stay in the parking spots, they will disappear when they get to thier job.  By using T21s you can make randomized parked cars, they wont be the ones you see "pulling into" the spot using the custom paths, but its the closest your will get.

Once again we get into the function before asthetics business.  I would rather have something functioning properly and let others deal with the asthetics, so at this current time I will not be doing something like this, because it is too much physical time to do with no in-game progress on functionality.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

dragonshardz

yeah jp, you can always release an update with T21 cars on the parking spots AFTER everything works CORRECTLY.

RebaLynnTS

You could wait until everything is finished (bugs and all) and release it in 10 years like EA does :)

You know I am kidding right?
Becca

j-dub

My SAM already has aesthetics, so t21s are not the issue here, I just never saw cars turn off a path by themselves before, Heblems new parking lot network, they just turn off the path and drive into the buildings. Now, if you look at the pic, this is NOT a lot, nor puzzle piece, but as you can see the cars are coming off the parking tile, its hard to tell from the jam, they will turn off the parking tile to whatever. I don't know what Heblem did here exactly to do this, I just thought it was interesting.

DFire870

If I'm not mistaken, I think all Heblem did was reskin the road/street tile to look like a parking lot. It still functions the same way as before.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

j-dub

So wait, traffic could travel across the default tiles With Out being connected to each other before? THAT i have to see. I thought they talked about it, and it accepts traffic now, the way its modded. I didn't think that was the case before.

Diggis

If I recall correctly heblem retextured the single tile road (or street i forget...) to show the parkign lot texture.  I don't know about the functionality of it, but seeing as there is a texture set in SAM for this I don't see the point really.

Pat

What has happend there is a complete whoopsie but it works as it is, I do agree with Diggis why would they duplicate a parking texture they allready have for SAM??? The only diffrence is Heblem used Walkingsnake and SAM used Peg i think?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie