• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

yes, but that becomes a problem when the area you need the SAM street in ISN'T 5 tiles long. so you leave the starter piece in. It look sbad, but a lot better than crossing a road and having it revert to vanilla street.

MinGraphics

Thank you, I always left that piece.

Starmanw402007

Just thought I let u know that the reinstallion of Sim City worked. All new modds works now. Which is a good thing LOL, now I can try out them modds. And Keep'em coming!

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

SC4BOY

I'd like to request something for future updates.. I don't see it mentioned anywhere, and my previous enquiry indicated it does not exist now and no mention was made of it being planned for the future...

I'd like EITHER a STOP piece that looks like the texture (so it doesn't look weird when you stop it.. I use road pieces to stop it now and it looks pretty bad) OR a function that works so that when I delete the "starter pair" that it stops the strip from being "auto generating".

I don't know what is required for this "STOP SIGN" but it sure would make life a lot easier for working the special textured roads into our cities.. I hope its possible.

Thanks for the great work..

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: SC4BOY on January 10, 2008, 03:25:03 AM
I'd like to request something for future updates.. I don't see it mentioned anywhere, and my previous enquiry indicated it does not exist now and no mention was made of it being planned for the future...

I'd like EITHER a STOP piece that looks like the texture (so it doesn't look weird when you stop it.. I use road pieces to stop it now and it looks pretty bad) OR a function that works so that when I delete the "starter pair" that it stops the strip from being "auto generating".

I don't know what is required for this "STOP SIGN" but it sure would make life a lot easier for working the special textured roads into our cities.. I hope its possible.

Thanks for the great work..

I was kind of wondering about this myself.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Diggis

Nope, no can do.  As soon as you have 5 or more tiles of the texture all streets touching it will be converted.  If you have two textures applied and try to join them you will get one affecting the other.  We cannot stop the texture except by intersection with another network.

Shingure

Im sorry for bugging once again. But I am still having difficulties.

Is it perhaps Iam using Vista. Also since I re-installed everything in the order you alloted the Ave. roundabouts are also having the red arrow. I dont know what to do to deal with the situation and I repeated the process a dozen times. Is there anything else I can do to get this to work.

dragonshardz

Vista has nothing to do with it. I am running vista and it works fine.

most likely you have a conflicting file in your plugins folder somewhere or have forgotten the 2008 NAM Update.

if it is the former, take out everything transport related, check how it runs, and slowly add in the files you removed.

if it is the latter, the DL is available on the LEX.

simplaya1234

guys i ahve a question, when i put on a SAM texture, somehow theres a white background texture. What is the problem? and also, is it possible to control where you can have the SAM texture to stop at. Like at a intersection of all sorts (T-int. and 4way int.), you can stop the SAM texture at one end of the intersection.

Filasimo

Welcome to SC4D simplaya! please get accustomed to this guide for the SAM it explains that you need to demolish it after 5 tiles

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3355.msg107511#msg107511

also reading the readme that came with the install should help as well and also the mini readme on the top of the page. enjoy your stay!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jplumbley

Quote from: Shingure on January 12, 2008, 05:32:46 PM
Im sorry for bugging once again. But I am still having difficulties.

Is it perhaps Iam using Vista. Also since I re-installed everything in the order you alloted the Ave. roundabouts are also having the red arrow. I dont know what to do to deal with the situation and I repeated the process a dozen times. Is there anything else I can do to get this to work.

Its kinda hard to read your text.  I tend to reserve the glow feature for something that is a large text size.

If you have done everything correctly during the installation, then you MUST have some sort of high-level Traffic Mod that is conflicting.  Since I do not know what is in your plugins folder I dont have the answer.  You will have to go through your plugins and find it because any new release of NAM, SAM and RHW will not work or have the new features.

The conflicting mod can be a previous version of RHW, NAM or any other Network Mod that contains the RUL files from the NAM.  Due to the structure of the game only one of these files can exist in your plugins folder at a time.  This file MUST be loading after the NAM so, if I were you, I would be starting by removing everything but the NAM.  If the SAM works with ONLY the NAM in it, start adding all your plugins again folder by folder until you find the folder that is causing the problem.  Then narrow down to the file your looking for.

This ia ALL I can do to help you.

Quote from: simplaya1234 on January 12, 2008, 05:44:57 PM
guys i ahve a question, when i put on a SAM texture, somehow theres a white background texture. What is the problem? and also, is it possible to control where you can have the SAM texture to stop at. Like at a intersection of all sorts (T-int. and 4way int.), you can stop the SAM texture at one end of the intersection.

The white background has been left on purpose.  The reason for it is so that it gives you incentive to remove it after you have stabilized the new texture.

There is NO way to stop the texture once it is started.  Due to the way that this mod had to be made it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop the texture unless its a puzzle piece is made.  This has not been made and wont be made for quite some time due to other things that need to be done first.  As stated before in this thread the best way to "Stop" a texture is by creating a road connection between the 2 tiles where you want a conversion.

Once again, transition pieces will not be made for quite sometime due to other things that are higher on the priority list.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Starmanw402007

I havent had any problems with the new Sam Beta V2. since my reinstallion of sim city 4. Everything works perferctly. Keep Up The Great Work work Nam team. And thanks for assisting me with my problem with the new nam version.

Your Friend;
Your Friend;

Andreas

Random SAM pic - guess what's special about it! :)

Andreas

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

jplumbley

T21s!!!   Andreas, your my hero right now!  It looks much better right now, keep up the surprises.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Andreas

Correct! :) Only for this texture variation so far, and only a copy of the in-game Maxis T21's, but it's a start...
Andreas

SC4BOY

I thought it was the "flat roof mod" ;)

jplumbley

Quote from: Andreas on January 13, 2008, 08:49:44 AM
Correct! :) Only for this texture variation so far, and only a copy of the in-game Maxis T21's, but it's a start...

Did you use the IID scheme you and I were talking about the other day?

Street Addon Mod - SAM

paroch

I recently downloaded the SAM, got all excited then read the readme and I think I'm right in saying that SAM is not compatible with Left Hand Drive.

I appreciate the SAM team have plenty of other things on their list - just wondered if Left Hand Drive is likely to be worked on?

And for the other Brits and Left Hand Drivers - have you found a way round this?

Thanks,

Paul

Jonathan

I had LHD (I'm now playing in swedish which I cant read) and had no problems, did you read that in the readme or have you tried it in game?