• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

hang on i thought you couldnt have normal maxis streets and sam streets connected....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

RebaLynnTS

Don't you folks read the thread before posting?
A. They know there are no props, and are working it.
B. Normally you can't have SAM streets and Maxis streets touching each other (at least it is hard to control). however, there are currently no diagonal SAM textures, so a diagonal street acts as a stop point (makes my farming district look a little funny with some dirt roads, and some paved, but I can live with it till it is fixed).
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Tarkus

Of course, if you did want props on your SAM streets, jeronij did release a version of his Streetside Mod for SAM v1 (but it will still work for SAM v2).  It's on the LEX--I don't have the link on me at the moment, though.

-Alex

DFire870

I don't think anyone else has posted this, but I found another problem with the herringbone texture variation. Here are the pics:

The roundabout texture reverts back to the regular texture, but when you drag a street out from it then it becomes the herringbone texture. And you have to drag the street out from the part of the roundabout that has the herringbone texture, not the part that has the regular texture. I've also seen the texture revert back in other configurations, but this was the first instance I saw it.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

nerdly_dood

There has been an update released that fixes problems with the SAM.  It is on the LEX now.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

DFire870

Quote from: nerdly_dood on January 04, 2008, 01:43:45 PM
There has been an update released that fixes problems with the SAM.  It is on the LEX now.

I have that update installed. Besides, It's only for the herringbone texture, and only for the problem that people reported before.

-- John

RebaLynnTS

I can't get roundabouts in the new textures, at all (they always revert to the old texture). I have all the updates, as far as I know.
Becca

jplumbley

Quote from: DFire870 on January 04, 2008, 01:02:51 PM
I don't think anyone else has posted this, but I found another problem with the herringbone texture variation. Here are the pics:

The roundabout texture reverts back to the regular texture, but when you drag a street out from it then it becomes the herringbone texture. And you have to drag the street out from the part of the roundabout that has the herringbone texture, not the part that has the regular texture. I've also seen the texture revert back in other configurations, but this was the first instance I saw it.

-- John

I know this is there...  I have played around with it before the release and in most cases the Roundabouts draw fine, but there are a few instances where there is a texture revertion.  After my investigation I've determined I will have to write about the same amount of RULs as I did for the whole Roundabout Setup and didnt have the time in RLS to do it before the release.  So, I have released it and it will be fixed for the next version of SAM, but due to the fact that this is a RUL Stability issue it will require an update to the NAM Essentials.  Unfortunately for the time being you will just have to find ways where the Roundabouts work properly and avoid the ones that are causing revertions.

Quote from: mr.v on January 04, 2008, 07:05:48 AM
i found something lost in sam.
i think you known it.

there's no prop on side walk
(right is maxis street with light tree or flowers left is sam's street, it is flat clear  :P)
that's it

Thats called a texture revertion when you are working with Diagonals.  If you notice that T-Intersection is from the Diagonal addon in NAM.  I have not even looked at Diagonals so, obviously anything where diagonal textures appear you will get a revertion for that intersection and any areas where you drag off of the diagonal.  Maybe, one day I will have the ambition to do diagonals, unless someone else comes along to do it.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

DFire870

Oh, okay, that's fine... I was just playing around with the new stuff in the latest version, and I don't use roundabouts that often in my cities so I doubt it'll be a problem. Just making sure you knew that was there. ;)

-- John

Diggis

Interestingly enough there is a slight error with the asphalt roads that I though was fixed.  They shouldn't have the grass beside them.  This is an easy texture fix which I'll look into next week and get to jason.

RebaLynnTS

Just wondering ... Would it be possible to to with powerlines, what is being done with the SAM, and draggable GLR?
Becca

memo

No. Neither puzzle pieces for power lines can be made, nor do the Rules apply to them, nor do IDs of powerlines comparable to transit IDs exist.

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: memo on January 05, 2008, 04:13:31 PM
No. Neither puzzle pieces for power lines can be made, nor do the Rules apply to them, nor do IDs of powerlines comparable to transit IDs exist.

Had a feeling this was the case ... what a shame.
Becca

freedo50

This is a question I posted over at ST some considerable time ago (before SC4D existed  ???); is it possible to "transit-enable" lots for powerlines, so that you aren't required to have the final pylon right next to the building you're connecting (e.g. a substation BAT or power plant)? I'm not gonna pretend this would be ground-breaking stuff, but it would be nice :).

Fred

Andreas

Well, all lots conduct power by default, so there's not need for "transit enable" them. If you don't want to drag the powerlines right up towards your city (or wherever), you could create some blank lots with no textures and make an invisible powerline by plopping them every four tiles (that's the distance the power is transmitted beyond the lot borders).
Andreas

memo

As far as I know, it is not necessary to "transit-enable" a Lot for that. You can place a Lot onto the power line, so that two powerpoles are built next to it. Afterwards you have to bulldoze these two powerpoles and redrag the powerline, for example starting two powerpoles in front of the Lot or something like that. Then it is possible to build the powerline through the lot. It seems to be working for ploppables only though.

Starmanw402007

With the new beta version, can roundabouts be made bigger? the what we see here?

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

jplumbley

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on January 06, 2008, 06:53:32 PM
With the new beta version, can roundabouts be made bigger? the what we see here?

Your Friend;

SAM Roundabouts are the exact same as the original NAM Street Roundabouts.  There is no functional or physical difference other than the Street surface texture.  So, what you had before is what you have now.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

MinGraphics

When I updated my SAM to beta v2 I now have white squares on my starting piece does anyone know why and how I can fix it.  Link to a picture:  http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/MinGraphics/Picture6.jpg

JoeST

delete the starter piece, that should help. but be sure to drag enough of the SAM texture for it to be stable, about 5 tiles? I think

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms