• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

High5Tower

Yes I have to say I am enjoying the SAM very much. Love the new dirt roads. This is a fantastic improvement for SimCity. I can easly put it with the little imperfections that crop since we are getting to use it during advanced development stage. Thank you for your fine inventions here.  &apls

mr.v

it's not work for me.
don't know how to do it. maybe uninstall and forget it is the last answer

here is the plugin folder

High5Tower

Mr.V one thing I noticed from in the NAM folder that I removed from my folder was the
"Network Addon Mod_Individual dat 31kb"
Now when I remove old important stuff I put them in my quarantine file with the date of removal. That way its always availible for replacement or in this case just reference as to what has been removed.
This stuff can get harry at times and so just take it one step at a time. You will get there.

mr.v

thank you for help. ;)
it because i didn't check Network Addon Mod Essentials by the NAM Team - Version June 2007 update in download history.
i've just update nam jan 2008.
now it work perfectly. :thumbsup:

Andreas

@mr.v: By any chance, did you install the NAM Essentials in that "essentials" folder within your NAM folder? You shouldn't do that, the NAM Essentials contain the "NetworkAddonMod_Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat", the "NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat" and the "NetworkAddonMod_IndividualNetworkRULs.dat" (which are also included in the latest NAM Update). Those should always be in your NAM root folder, and there can only be one instance of those files, otherwise they will override each other (and causing malfunctions when an older version is overriding a new one).
Andreas

mr.v

Quote from: Andreas on January 02, 2008, 02:04:55 AM
@mr.v: By any chance, did you install the NAM Essentials in that "essentials" folder within your NAM folder? You shouldn't do that, the NAM Essentials contain the "NetworkAddonMod_Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat", the "NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat" and the "NetworkAddonMod_IndividualNetworkRULs.dat" (which are also included in the latest NAM Update). Those should always be in your NAM root folder, and there can only be one instance of those files, otherwise they will override each other (and causing malfunctions when an older version is overriding a new one).
i install that essentials and update it today .
i manage lot or bat or mod into folders by category because it is easy to find and delete when not want it or update or modify.

now...
i've got a new problem like recyclerman.
as see on picture

messy street :-[ what's that  &Thk/(

Jonathan

Yes that is a known error (found after release) Just an IID with the wrong texture. Not a massive fix so I'm sure there will be a fix soon.

dragonshardz

I've got no real problems, just a funny menu error.

Everything new from the NAM has two icons instead of one. However, it's no real problem and I'll live.

Andreas

Quote from: dragonshardz on January 02, 2008, 09:16:52 AM
Everything new from the NAM has two icons instead of one. However, it's no real problem and I'll live.

Most likely, you have copies of the NAM files (or older versions) somewhere hidden in your plugins folder. Try to find them and remove the doubled (or outdated) files.
Andreas

jplumbley

Quote from: mr.v on January 02, 2008, 04:39:30 AM
i install that essentials and update it today .
i manage lot or bat or mod into folders by category because it is easy to find and delete when not want it or update or modify.

now...
i've got a new problem like recyclerman.
as see on picture

messy street :-[ what's that  &Thk/(

This is an error I made while inputting the textures.  Of the 1000 or so textures I put into the Texture DATs I screwed up the IID on 2 of them.  The End Piece and the Straight Piece.  I need to make a patch which will take about 5 seconds to fix and 10 mins to package and upload with a description.  But, I am waiting until tomorrow to fix it just to make sure that there are no more errors reported.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Bluebeard

Well I gave in and tried this Mod.Besides having the same problem as Mr. V it's a excellent Mod adding a different spin to our cities. :thumbsup:
    Looking foward to the fix. :)

RebaLynnTS

All the other street textures work great. I'd like to see some construction roads, and access roads as well. Do you need to remove the starter pieces?
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

jplumbley

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on January 02, 2008, 06:46:54 PM
All the other street textures work great. I'd like to see some construction roads, and access roads as well. Do you need to remove the starter pieces?

You dont *need* to remove them.  But it is highly advisable.  The Starter Pieces are Puzzle Pieces...  It is well known that Puzzle Pieces have a bug in them from the Vanilla Game which causes a Crash to Desktop.  We cannot fix this as it would require MAXIS to send out a new Patch, but they are too busy with new things and SC4 is not in thier to-do list anymore.  So, you can keep it but be aware that it is there and that you may have a problem if you accidentally hit the Puzzle Piece with a TE Lot (Station Lot) or another Puzzle Piece.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jplumbley

AS of January 3, 2008 at 12:00am EST.

SAM - Street Addon Mod v2 PATCH 'A' was released to the LEX and the STEX.  Anyone who has downloaded the Windows installer before this time will be required to download the patch and overwrite the file within the Plugins\NAM\SAM folder.

PATCH 'A' Includes an update to the SAM - 2 - Herringbone Texture DAT to fix the issue with the wrong texture being displayed for the Herringbone Straight section.  The file included MUST overwrite the old file from the installer.

Anyone who is downloading the Windows installer after this date will NOT need to download PATCH 'A' because the installer has been updated.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

SC4BOY

Mouses over text to find hyperlink.. hmmmm :(

Be my guest: The patch link

RebaLynnTS

Just letting you know, it is working fine now.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

frdrcklim

I suddenly had a problem with SAM so I won't use it know. But I will. In the meantime, is this right

Is there a NAM Essentials for Dec 07? Can I get a link?
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

mr.v

Quote from: frdrcklim on January 04, 2008, 06:54:59 AM
I suddenly had a problem with SAM so I won't use it know. But I will. In the meantime, is this right

Is there a NAM Essentials for Dec 07? Can I get a link?

click link on top at fileexchange
on the left panel select nam and click search
go to page3 and you'll see that.

mr.v

i found something lost in sam.
i think you known it.

there's no prop on side walk
(right is maxis street with light tree or flowers left is sam's street, it is flat clear  :P)
that's it