• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gutterclub

I'm in love with your last few midrise residentials, probably one of the most lacking components in the game, you're producing consistently amazing BATs...like you always have..

Speaking of always have, have you ever thought about bringing some of your older classics into Max? Looking through your thread I always loved these...

mattb325

Thanks all!

The short answer is that I absolutely hate re-doing things and these bats aren't broken, so I'll have to say no.

This is especially true after the current PB nonsense which is forcing me to redo everything. I was a paying customer for about 10-12 years (that is up to 3 days ago); I used only 1% of the storage, but still they demanded without any notice that I fork out $US400 for 3rd party linking. That's not going to happen....so I have 15 years of links to update.

I've spent the last 2.5 hours (which incidentally is the same time as one basic, standard BAT started, finished, rendered and modded into game for me) updating the images for the last 9 pages of this thread....only 50 pages or so to go...as well as trying to download my sub-albums from PB, which is becoming unco-operative....probably due to the strain on their servers.

Just so people know, I may not be able to update everything, even once - and if - I'm successful in downloading the sub-albums.

So, speaking of obsolete, broken photos....

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3532

Let's see how long imgur lasts..... ::)

mattb325

Another quick BAT, this time a little closer to home...  :satisfied:

Here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31833-ing-direct/

reddonquixote

Oooh that's nice  :thumbsup:

Great looking night lights too.
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Andreas

I like this one in particular as well! The others above have a quite distinctive style, but this is one of the examples that fit "everywhere". The game still lacks mid-rises of all kinds, so those are most appreciated.
Andreas

Getron

I also like it, it looks little bit dutch style with Dutch Company name  :thumbsup:

siemanthepieman

Quote from: mattb325 on July 01, 2017, 05:32:25 PM

So, speaking of obsolete, broken photos....

I'm not sure what I like better - the BAT or the segway leading to it.

And it'll be nice to set fire to the ING building (only in game of course!) every couple of months when I see how much interest they've charged me on my mortgage statement.

Dantes

"quick BAT"  :o
You are awesome!

kelis

Really nice job with the last models !! You're a machine creating stuff for the game...I would like to see something Japanese  ;) ;) ;)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Quick BAT you say.... :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

Quick? One wonders what you would accomplish given enough time :D
________________________________________________________________________________

mattb325

Thanks all  ;)

To think, if I spent enough time on these, maybe one day I could be a real batter.

Today's offering, Almeda Townhomes:

Here:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3533

eggman121

mattb325 your work is just awesome  :thumbsup:

How you manage too keep making these awesome delights is just astounding.

QuoteTo think, if I spent enough time on these, maybe one day I could be a real batter.

For sure! If you put forward a portfolio of what you have been working on with the speed and quality of your designs than your input would go far beyond the realm of SC4.

Anyway. Keep up the awesome work ;)

I just can't resist any more for such a diligent and talented BATer.

+1 from me ;D

-eggman121

siemanthepieman

Quote from: eggman121 on July 05, 2017, 03:06:36 AM

I just can't resist any more for such a diligent and talented BATer.

+1 from me ;D

-eggman121

A much deserved +1 indeed. I can't even download them as fast as you make them. And being from Adelaide myself, its nice to see eggman making sure a fellow countryman gets the repping he deserves.

Andreas

Quote from: mattb325 on July 05, 2017, 02:50:55 AM
To think, if I spent enough time on these, maybe one day I could be a real batter.

Ahhhh, so that is your secret, you don't actually BAT those, but an army of BATters that you locked up in your basement. No wonder that most of the BSC members disappeared from the face of the earth over the past few years... %confuso $%#Ninj2 $%Grinno$%
Andreas

romualdillo

Great work again!  ;)

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Akallan

Beautiful, thank you for your work! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

korver

Wow. You are truly a BAT machine - stunning work!

reddonquixote

These apartments are really nice, I especially like that stone texture at the base of the buildings. Well done  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.