• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

I really like that middle one!  ()stsfd()
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

existenz

I love all of them Matt, Great work. I'll soon be able to do an entire Aussie city/region. Have you thought about doing Melbourne's GPO? - its now all shops but distinctive building. I'll see if I can find a photo - also Flinders St Station.
here's a link << http://www.tag.com.au/content/view/25/>> 
Annie

mattb325

Thanks guys...

Existenz - I've often thought of doing the Flinders St Station. The only thing that stops me is the yellow & red (such a distinctive Melbourne colour scheme by the way); the yellow needs to be executed perfectly on such a landmark building or it will look foolish in game, and gmax does very odd things to colours when they are translated into SC4.

I dabbled in that yellow with the Eastern Hill Fire Station, and it looked OK on a very fussy facade, although it may not work so well on large expanses of block-work. We'll see.....

That Post Office picture is nice. What street is it on? I'm in Melbourne every couple of months, so I might wander past next time (schedule permitting)

Meanwhile, I added another 20th Century mid-rise tower into this wall to wall set. To make this more useable for folks who don't play wall to wall, I added windows down either side (in real life, it is just brick and cinder blocks). The tower is wider than the base and both are held aloft on those nifty angled columns that they loved in the 60s...

Wishing everyone a Merry and safe Christmas  :)

existenz

Matt, the GPO is on the corner of Bourke St and Elizabeth Street in the CBD. The post office is now across the road from it and I think it has a nightclub within it. I think it has 4 floors. It would be great if you decided to go ahead with it but that is entirely up to you. All your other buildings are in my plugins folder now and look fantastic in the game by the way.
Annie

mattb325

Yes, I know where it is now - I'm not usually down that end of town (I loathe being near shops so I've no reason to venture there  &mmm) I'll have a look next time I'm by...

Have made a few more W2Ws, small and large/C$$ and C$$$:

These will be realeased as a set.

This is where is stands now (Trees aren't there to show the buildings...)

existenz

Those W2W's look fantastic and will make a great addition to everyone's cities whatever type of city they are making.
Annie

paroch

Hi Matt,

First off, I absolutely love your work :thumbsup:

In particular your suburban houses such as Bristol, Kendrick and Worthington.  If ever you stroll over to my MD you'll see them by the bucket load!!!  They work well with the UK style houses by Gascooker and RP(zero7) and without them my MD just wouldn't have the same feel.

Your newer stuff is just brilliant as well (but you've already been told that).  I've even nominated Her Majesty's Theatre and Hotel as the West End embassy in other people's MDs.

I really like the latest Commercial W2W buildings you're working on - it's right what existenz says, they will look good in any city.  My favourites are the Commonwealth Bank building and the 20th century mid rise tower.  Sure, they're not "pretty" but they are just so darn realistic looking, really gritty and urban.  I can't wait for them to be released because I just know they'll lok great, particularly on Commercial roads or avenues in the "mid-town" areas of my region.

Now I've found this page, I'll be back more often - consider me a fan!!!

Badsim

I adore them all .Your work is  brilliant , fine , and your pictures are so romantic ... inspirational . ::)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Strechnitz

Great work!

Each individual piece is a wonderful addition to the game. lovely styles and materials you have used.

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

mattb325

Thankyou guys - you are too kind indeed. Pushing these little pixels around the screen is very relaxing for me, so I'm always chuffed to see that others get enjoyment from them too.

I have a very quick update to share.

For the eighth BAT in this little W2W series, I decided to something a little bit different and a bit of fun...

Eight is an auspicious number in Chinese cultures: I am reliably told eight rhymes with the word for money, and I miss the days of Chinese restaurants in every suburb which waned after the 1980s (Thai food, as yummy as it is, appears to be de rigueur in Sydney cuisine).

Oh well, there are worse things to complain about.

The details held up into the game and the chinese characters were fun to model. Hopefully I haven't contorted them into something insulting :P  &sly

sebes

Thanks for the RedCross builing Matt. And the Down-Under W2W-collection is a very welcome addition to the game. In my city, a former Dutch colony in North-America, they will add a great realism to my fictive city history! Thanks!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

cammo2003

Quote from: mattb325 on December 22, 2007, 01:50:26 PM

I really like the lighting on these. I can tell you ahead of time that these will look stunning for those of us using Gizmo's Day/Night mod.

The one near the centre, I think you know the one I'm talking about, It's so typical of Sydney after the war and right up to the 70's (although the roof isn't).

Any chance of a slightly taller (6-8 stories total), flat roofed building like that? There's a real lack of variety of buildings that height at 1x1.

BTW, there's some great W2W stuff on the Western side of Macquarie Street.

A 1x1 corner building would also be a great idea for this set, there's not many buildings for that situation.

mightygoose

i love every bat you make and these are no exceptions....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mattb325

Thankyou guys. Cammo, I know that there are quite a number of Mansard roof building in Sydney; this one was taken from one on Military road; although the dormers are made up.

As for taller buildings, I will be making a second prop pack and will include some taller ones in that (many in this current pack are 5-7 stories - I am aware that the bulk of the stuff released, such as Gascooker etc, is really only around 3-5 stories, so if I jump straight to 10 stories, the bats will look out of place).

At any rate the 1st W2W PROP PACK is released - I have added a few more buildings to the mix; expect to see the lots (which are currently being tested) released soon...

Anyway, here are some preview pics:

High wealth King St:

Low wealth Harris St Ultimo and Low wealth Foveaux St Surry Hills:

existenz

Woo hoo. W2W McDonalds released. Thats two more lots safely in my plugins pack. Looking forward to the other lots being released. &apls &apls
Annie

Strechnitz

Great work Matt &apls

Thanks for the release :thumbsup:

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

paroch

Good to see the first two pack released.  &apls Already downloaded and just waiting from em to grow!

Adept2Rock

Thanks for these bats!So beautiful!
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

paroch

Hi Matt,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the packs you're drip feeding us on the LEX.  My LEX ID is chappers19uk, so you'll hopefully have seen the comments I'm leaving. 

The King George House is absolutely stunning.  I work in the West End of London and it jus so captures many of the buildings off the main tourist streets in this part of the city.

I'm looking forward to seeing it grow in my cities.

Thanks again,

Paul

Hogmeister

If you were thinking of another w2w office building, then this building from Dallas might be of interest, its the Purse Building, once a furniture store and now appartments. I particularly like the illuminated advertising on the roof, could be fun as an idea.
Building Better Buildings Better