• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Try replacing the "watch?=v=" part of the URL with "/v/".  That's usually what I've had to do.

Here's a test.

https://www.youtube.com/v/B21kyzct7Og

-Alex

compdude787

Oh, thanks; I'll try that. Seems kind of weird that the forum software doesn't like the normal URL for YouTube videos.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

indovote

I found an error when accessing the LEX API, it can't be accessed with a message that say:
QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/api/v4/endpoints/lot.php on line 453

This error affect the LEX Release & LEX Spotlight block which show recent uploaded mod & random-selected mod.

I hope the SC4D webmaster fix this error, because this error is annoying to mod hunters which they search
the best mod with these blocks.

Sorry if I can't provide the image here.
Also, sorry if this reply maybe not relevant with the topic theme.

CasperVg

It's fixed. I made a boo-boo while implementing improved bulk dependency downloading functionality in the API.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

indovote

I found a typo in the SC4D home page, it says 'Welcome to SimCity Devotion !! - The Home for the Serious Player'. It should be 'Welcome to SimCity4 Devotion !! - The Home for the Serious Player'. I hope the SC4D webmaster fix this issue.

compdude787

Quote from: indovote on January 17, 2016, 10:19:36 PM
I found a typo in the SC4D home page, it says 'Welcome to SimCity Devotion !! - The Home for the Serious Player'. It should be 'Welcome to SimCity4 Devotion !! - The Home for the Serious Player'. I hope the SC4D webmaster fix this issue.

Where are you talking about?
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

z

Quote from: compdude787 on January 17, 2016, 10:29:14 PM
Quote from: indovote on January 17, 2016, 10:19:36 PM

Where are you talking about?

It's the page title.

vinlabsc3k

In the "Like" section of profile the rollover tooltip fits in height but not in width.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Seaman

In the "Message" section of the like stats: if you hover above the "Most liked Message", the text of the whole post is shown, but in a weird unformatted way.

huzman

I may not be in the right thread but ...
I have only one little problem with displaying images in most of the threads I have been reading :
For instance, some posts a phrase like "I did something like this:"
Then there is a blank space and the article continues on. I copied that part into a text editor and discovered that the blank space contains an "insert image square" but is blank.

This happens quite a lot in different threads but not always, that is, I can see many images even huge ones.

Could someone give me some tips ?
Thanks
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Girafe

I am afraid that you are looking to old thread.

A pic was surely inserted but the hosting website shut down or just delete the link therefore nothing is showing.

It's sad as for some topic, you cannot follow properly development. Nothing much can be done for that issue  &mmm
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

FrankU

Many of us used Imageshack.
Some day, I think about two years ago, Imageshack decided to ask a fee for it's services that were free until that day. Many peolple decided not to pay the fees, or even were not around anymore and did not care. Since then many images have disappeared.
So far for using free internet services....  :'(

APSMS

Quote from: huzman on December 24, 2016, 06:56:06 AM
I may not be in the right thread but ...
I have only one little problem with displaying images in most of the threads I have been reading :
For instance, some posts a phrase like "I did something like this:"
Then there is a blank space and the article continues on. I copied that part into a text editor and discovered that the blank space contains an "insert image square" but is blank.

This happens quite a lot in different threads but not always, that is, I can see many images even huge ones.

Could someone give me some tips ?
Thanks
Yes, unfortunately ImageShack was a very popular free image host, and when they moved to only paid services a few years ago, vast swaths of Mayor Diaries, City Journals, Dev Threads, and Tutorials were wiped out in one blow. In many cases those users were long inactive, and the only versions of those images resided on ImageShack, and so are gone forever.

Many of those who were left migrated to PhotoBucket or Majhost, which made matters worse because Majhost shut down unexpectedly and permanently a few months ago, so even those members who were still active had no way of recovering their photos from the site and rehosting them elsewhere, and were forced to try and source the images from the Majhost links (not fun). The end result is even more broken threads, and much documentation and work lost forever.

I tried out Majhost for a bit, but fortunately everything was backed up on my HDD and Dropbox, which is my image host of choice these days. Dropbox is kinda slow for a lot of stuff (particularly image hosting, which they were never designed for), but I'm almost guaranteed to not have them fail on me. Another good option would be Google Drive, or the free PhotoBucket accounts or even Flickr (which takes work to source the right links, but also happens to have 1TB of free storage space). I also back everything up to Flickr, but mostly I use Dropbox because the images upload automatically and the links autogenerate with my upload software ShareX.

Long Story Short, always keep backups, never depend on free stuff to last forever, and submit everything, as much as possible, to the Internet Archive/WayBack machine for internet perpetuity. SimPeg.com is the prime example of what happens to a site that doesn't keep backups when the worst occurs.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

huzman

Thanks to all.
That's a really frustrating issue...
I'm trying to read and learn all I can to bring myself up to speed and not been able to see those ghost images slows that learning curve.
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Bat_Fink94

I can't search for any Lots or anything when is the power search going to be fixed

Tarkus

It's unknown at this time.  The whole exchange was offline for close to two weeks, and we're also still going to need to move the site to a new server here pretty soon.

-Alex

JoeST

I keep getting logged out even though I chose the "log me in forever" option in the top login box. mostly an FYI since I don't really mind it
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Kitsune

Quote from: JoeST on August 18, 2019, 04:23:33 AM
I keep getting logged out even though I chose the "log me in forever" option in the top login box. mostly an FYI since I don't really mind it

Hit the login button without entering your info .. it'll (magically) log you in :)
~ NAM Team Member

Andreas

If that doesn't work, you might need to clear the browser cache and the forum cookie, maybe those contain old data that clashes with the new stuff on the new server.
Andreas

Tarkus

Also a quick heads up, the Wiki may be offline/difficult to access for a little bit.  I ended up getting it changed back over from sc4devotion.com/wiki to the original wiki.sc4devotion.com, such that the old links all worked again.  It just needs the DNS to repropagate for the subdomain.  The fact that I was having to work with a temporary URL for an extended time as I was getting the site re-settled kind of complicated things there, but it should work shortly.

-Alex

Edit: It's now functioning properly at wiki.sc4devotion.com.