• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SSPTool

Started by Stefan79, January 19, 2009, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Builder

Is there anything that I can do with regards to setting up or running this with Damn to make it deal better with huge plugin folder?

It's popped up some dialog that it's working, and I see in task manager that it is running but it's been stuck on reading 6/13 entry for ages now, something like Entry: 68804/124104

My plugin folder is about 4.5GB

Maybe somehow allocating more ram in the SSPTool.bat file?

In the command box that is open underneath SSPT it shows this:

s
Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at ssp.dbpf4j.format.DBPFCoder.decodeProperty(Unknown Source)
        at ssp.dbpf4j.format.DBPFCoder.createExemplarB(Unknown Source)
        at ssp.dbpf4j.format.DBPFCoder.createExemplar(Unknown Source)
        at ssp.dbpf4j.format.DBPFConverter.createType(Unknown Source)
        at ssp.dbpf4j.format.DBPFConverter.createType(Unknown Source)
        at ssp.dbpf4j.format.DBPFConverter.createExemplar(Unknown Source)
        at ssp.dbpf4j.util.DBPFElementListWorker.run(Unknown Source)
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

Kultag

Many of the lots I DAMNed kept their icons in the game menus (no dat/lot files were made in zzz_DAMN Remove, but they appear in the DAMN menu). Is there a quicker way of removing them than adding them again to their respective DAMN folder (which actually generates the necessary files in DAMN remove)? I tried copying the icons into SSP's clipboard, generate the folder index, then paste them back and regenerate the index, but this doesn't help. Is there a way of batch hide for all lots that are DAMNed? I have about 2000 dat and lot files in DAMN Remove, and counted about 250-300 more icons in the SC4 menus.

Edit: It seems that there are lots which causes the indexing to freeze. This might prevent the rest of the contents of the DAMN folder to be hidden. I'll experiment more.

Edit 2: I removed some DAMNed lots (those that are rewards, but I still damned them), and now these folders have doubled or tripled all remaining lots. I.e. if I had 40 icons after removing the rewards, now after the 40th the list starts over again, so there are 80 icons. When I remove 1 icon in SSP, it removes both copies of it from the folder.

Kultag

Quote from: H2Odk on November 15, 2010, 08:10:00 AM
I have edited the LUA code so that it get re-enabled automatically when you plop items... the only time it gets grayed out is when the "close" button on the item pop-up is pressed... or it isn't used for a long time (2000 days)

If you are still around, can you tell me how you did this? Thx.

Rady

Ok, this thread hasen't been answered for a long time - anyway, I first will ask my question here ....

Stefan, is there a way to differ between growable and ploppable lots in the SSPTool? Problem is, I'm rebuiding my Plugins folder on my new PC. Now I wanna seperate growable from ploppable lots. My first guess is that if i can see a lot preview in the SSPTool, then this is a ploppable one ('cause for most of the growable Lots the SSPTool doesn't display a preview).

So can you probably confirm this?

Thank u!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

z

That's correct, although many lots have both growable and ploppable versions.

Rady

Quote from: z on September 03, 2012, 01:42:46 PM
That's correct, although many lots have both growable and ploppable versions.

Alright, thank you - I know that many of the lots come with both aploppable and a growable version .. but if a "SC4LOT"-File shows a preview image, than this definitely is a ploppable then .. good to her!

Moving on with sorting out my Plugins folder .....
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Gordon Dry

Hello,

my main Problem is that several lots only got white/blank icons and are not hidden from the main menu.

I recognized that I have to do the following steps for each single damn folder to avoid the freezing of the progress window:

• Marking all lots
  • Click the white hide button
  • Click the purple apply button
  • Click the main apply button

And BTW I set DAMN to "ONE dat file for hiding each menu"...
But however, several lots still are white when I leave the damn plugin and go back in.

Some examples (marked with * is default Maxis, they seem always to have this problem):
Steinlia 21
Steinlia 24
HK-Pfandhaus
PEG Solarkollektor 2
BSC Functional Seaports
many items of PEG-CDK (IND, RKT3, complete OWW, complete REC, complete SUPER PAK, complete SV, complete SEAPORT)
many AC Team stuff
a huge bunch of CO and CS-Plops, mainly from the Hongkong Asia BAT Team
many landmarks from the Hongkong Asia BAT Team
some corners from CAL Canals
some Water Taxi Docks from PEG CSK2
all Diggis Ponds
PEG Pond Kit II Deluxe
PEG Stream Kit II Deluxe
Usakos-Kirche, Stiftskirche, Dorfkirche und einige Friedhöfe
Kreiselfüller
German Light Replacement
Bundaran
SFBT Park-Set$$ - Blume klein (Version 1) - all others okay, Set $ and $$$ completely okay
PEG Trail Parks III complete
kleines, mittleres, großes Rathaus*
RTMTV3 complete
Setzbare Tiere
Hockeyfeld*
Rollschuhbahn*
Regal Theater
6459978 Asphaltwege und Fußwege

So I guess that all Maxis lots and all custom lots using Maxis props only get blank and are not hidden.

I read the whole thread (and others), so everything else is working fine.
It's only the blank icons and not hiding...

Julius Caesar

I have downloaded the SSPTool as part of the process of getting DAMN menus going, but I can't get it to work. 
When I click on the SSPTool.bat icon,  I get a small window asking me to choose between English and German.  I chose English and click "OK" and that's it - I'm back to the Windows explorer.  Nothing else happens, except that the first time I did this I got two new empty folders in the directory in which the SSP tool was installed, "Plugins" and "Data".  The same thing happens when I choose "German".
After investigating the contents of the .bat file I explored further, by opening a command window, navigating to the relevant directory and running "java -jar SSPTool.jar".  Again the language choice menu appeared.  I chose English, clicked OK, and got the following exception message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ca.beq.util.win32.registry.RegistryKey.testInitialized()V
        at ca.beq.util.win32.registry.RegistryKey.testInitialized(Native Method)
        at ca.beq.util.win32.registry.RegistryKey.initialize(RegistryKey.java:271)
        at ca.beq.util.win32.registry.RootKey.<clinit>(RootKey.java:88)
        at ssp.ssptool.gui.PathManager.searchSC4Path(Unknown Source)
        at ssp.ssptool.gui.PathManager.initPaths(Unknown Source)
        at ssp.ssptool.gui.SSPMain.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at ssp.ssptool.Start.main(Unknown Source)

Some information that may be relevant:
1)  I am using a 64 bit HP comjputer (HP Compaq 6200) with Windows 7 Professional (64 bit).
2)  I have Java RTE 6 (Windows 64 bit version) installed.
3)  The folder to which I installed SPP tool is "My Documents\SimCity 4\SC4 Utilities\SSPTool" .  The security settings on this folder give "Everyone" "full control." 
4)  The copy of SSP that I am using appears to be the most recent: it is the one you get with a search of the LEX.
5)  After unzipping the SPPTool to the above directory, I checked that all files were present and that the folder structure was correct.

I have not been able to find a report of a similar problem with SSP in the forums, which seems strange - it can't be just me, surely?  I would supsect myself of having done something wrong, but the installation instructions for SPP were so simple that it is hard to see where I could have gone wrong. Probably a glaring oversight, but I can't see any scope for one.

I would be most grateful for any help that anyone can give, as I would really like to get the DAMN system going if at all possible.

Gordon Dry

Quote from: Julius Caesar on September 16, 2012, 09:13:16 PM
2)  I have Java RTE 6 (Windows 64 bit version) installed.

The most simple guess is to also install Java 32 bit in a different folder.

My folders are called D:\Programme\Java and D:\Programme\Java32

lotherius

Is SSP Tool development abandoned? Haven't seen activity since 2010....

And this thing is incredibly freezy/crashy.... I can't seem to make it through the NWM folder without crashing out, which is kinda the REASON that I needed this thing...

Rady

Quote from: lotherius on January 14, 2013, 06:26:56 PM
Is SSP Tool development abandoned? Haven't seen activity since 2010....

It looks like so, unfortunately. I myself have been using it for years, too. But you might try out this tool, which is similar or better say a further development of the SSP Tool:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15279

I'm using this tool meanwhile, and it offers some great new possiblities. Sorry for the "old" SSP Tool anyway.

Stefan79

Hi all,

long time ago I started to implement the SSPTool to easier create DAMN menus. I spent much time and support some things the inventor of DAMN didn't know this can be done.
But years past and my time went fewer and a new guy present another tool, a further development of SSPTool.
So I have to make a decision:

a) Spend time for further development of SSPTool and do the same things like the new tool
b) Spend time for development of new things SC4D needs and give my knowledge to the guy of the new tool

After a night (or more) I come to the decision: b)

So, for all who use my tool in the past, try the new tool, which offers some new functions.
You can find it here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15279

I wish you all a good year!
And maybe there will be a new tool soon from me...

Stefan
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions

Rady

Stefan,

nice to see you back ... A chance to say "thank you" for your tool that helped me keep my menue clean and find things in an instance!

Looking forward to you new tool .. whatever it my be!