• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Scale in Skylines

Started by threestooges, March 24, 2015, 08:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Maison

I do agree with the "potential" sentiment mentioned here and that SC4 is still currently the heavyweight champion of city builders. It was since 2003 and will always be installed on my system.

With that said, if there is any set of people this game need, it's members from this community especially from this site. I must admit I check in here to see what the thoughts are on C:S. It's the teams from here and ST that made SC4 what it is. I hope not all the geniuses around here are going to wait for "others" to build C:S. Not saying there's no talent elsewhere, but the track record in these parts is better than MAXIS (not that that name holds any weight anymore but you know what I mean). I always looked forward to see what this community would do with the next city builder. I feel like I been through many adventures and disappointments throughout the years with this community. I think we finally have something here.

zimmie

Regarding the 'make historical' option in SC4, I think the same can be achieved already in C:S with this mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410535198

Although I'm not positive as I haven't tried it yet but that seems what it's all about.

threestooges

Quote from: Rayden on April 01, 2015, 11:06:28 AM
I wish only that there was a site like this one where we could look for reliable stuff and info for the game, instead of the crap of Steam and Reddit forums where there is a complete mess, especially on Steam where everybody uploads any shitty stuff they do.
That's all just a matter of separating the wheat from the chaff. We have some great modelers and modders here who have already begun making stuff for both games now. I think it's just a matter of time to get the ball rolling. Much like we saw with ST and the STEX, early mods and lots for CS have been all over the place. There's some good stuff in there, but it's still a teething time for the community.

Anyone around here dabbled in the custom content creation side of CS yet?
-Matt

catty

Quote from: threestooges on April 01, 2015, 10:38:48 PM
...Anyone around here dabbled in the custom content creation side of CS yet?

I don't think parks in the asset editor count   ;D  but Heblem has just done a tutorial on converting your SC4 models into C:S models and uploading them into the game

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/66508-heblems-citiesskylines-builds/page-2#entry1562265

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

wallasey

Quote from: catty on April 01, 2015, 07:33:43 PM
Quote from: APSMS on April 01, 2015, 04:51:12 PM
@wallasey, maybe you can visit their Reddit and ask for it; they might be able to include it in a patch....

Its already been suggested and the request passed on to the company, see here

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/66263-how-to-make-historical-in-cs/#entry1557016

Thanks all, Great stuff! I hope the request is well received!!

catty

Quote from: Mr_Maison on April 01, 2015, 09:32:18 PM
I do agree with the "potential" sentiment mentioned here and that SC4 is still currently the heavyweight champion of city builders. It was since 2003 and will always be installed on my system.

With that said, if there is any set of people this game need, it's members from this community especially from this site. I must admit I check in here to see what the thoughts are on C:S. It's the teams from here and ST that made SC4 what it is. I hope not all the geniuses around here are going to wait for "others" to build C:S. Not saying there's no talent elsewhere, but the track record in these parts is better than MAXIS (not that that name holds any weight anymore but you know what I mean). I always looked forward to see what this community would do with the next city builder. I feel like I been through many adventures and disappointments throughout the years with this community. I think we finally have something here.

Well said   :thumbsup:  if it wasn't for the fact that I'm a member of the RTMT Team I don't think I would still be playing SC4, as these days if I want to relax then I play Banished and now it looks like if I want to get serious re city building then I'm going to be playing Cities: Skylines ... as I can do things in C:S that I could only dream of doing in SC4 ... and yes C:S has some issues, the main one for me is having to put pretty much everything on a road, but that something I've already posted about over at Simtropolis.

Quote from: threestooges on April 01, 2015, 10:38:48 PM
...That's all just a matter of separating the wheat from the chaff....

I'm probably be installing this over at CB in the near future

https://www.rsjoomla.com/joomla-extensions/joomla-feedback.html

As I already use four of the companies programs, given what happened with the Catalog it will end up containing what I consider to be essential programs   ;D

-catty

PS: I am in the process of deleting the Catalog as its being replaced by a picture gallery (click on picture to go to site you can download it from) am using the same links
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.