• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SimCity Aviation Group - Bugs & General Help

Started by Fatsuhono, September 23, 2008, 01:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fafalone

There's no modular diagonal ground markings for a CRJ with a jetway. The ones in the pre-fab airports won't line up with anything else.

We do have diagonal gates in development, but they're designed for large aircraft; so a CRJ would look out of place. And even then, it seems the Atlantic Southest CRJ is designed at a 30 degree angle, but any diagonal gate would be 45 degrees.

Making a smaller diagonal gate is on my to-do list, but right now this is the best that could be done:

If it was on the lighter ramp texture the vehicle boundaries wouldn't line up right, but that's possible too.

If you want something like this let me know.

firefighter57

Was there anything more about the Taxiway Improvement and the cargo lots?  I also (believe) have all of the dependencies yet it still CTD when I place any lot from either package.  Is there a known conflict with another set or lot that I missed?
Thanks

fafalone

Have you tried with an empty city?

Could you try removing the cargo lots then placing tmip, and then vice versa, and let us know the results?

Do you have the most up to date versions of each (please be sure).

Finally run the game clean with ONLY tmip and clss installed.

It's a lot of work but I would like to identify the conflict, and can't recreate the problem myself; I use both in all my airports, as I imagine most people do since both sets are for serious airport builders. I've never heard of this problem happening before with the release versions.

firefighter57

Quote from: fafalone on January 22, 2013, 05:54:44 PM
Have you tried with an empty city?

Could you try removing the cargo lots then placing tmip, and then vice versa, and let us know the results?

Do you have the most up to date versions of each (please be sure).

Finally run the game clean with ONLY tmip and clss installed.

It's a lot of work but I would like to identify the conflict, and can't recreate the problem myself; I use both in all my airports, as I imagine most people do since both sets are for serious airport builders. I've never heard of this problem happening before with the release versions.

Well...I tried with an empty folder and just the airport lots and it worked fine.  Just what I was worried though, it is somewhere in my 4GB plug in folder.  Ive got some work to do I guess....

Edit: I have isolated it to a conflict with a file or files in my dependency/essentials folder.  Getting warmer...

fafalone

Run a file duplicate search just by name, you might have 2 different versions of one of the depends. Personally I use http://sourceforge.net/projects/dff/ since most other dupe finders have limited options and always insist on a binary compare. It's not the most user friendly program, but it's the best (not to mention open source), and very useful for a massive plugin collection and never using Cleanitol :)

firefighter57

FOUND IT!   It didnt show up as a DUP because it wasnt a DUP.  Three files in the depths of my dependency folder that I must have missed on the cleenitol. 

D66_essentials.dat, GC_essentials.dat, and z_SW77-AirportSupport.dat

Now I am not sure exactly which file is causing the problem (or it could be all three) but at this point, don't really care.  To the trash!

fafalone

If you didn't delete the files yet could you send them to me so I can investigate the problem further.

I have GC_Essentials but can't find the other 2 since they've been long superceded by newer versions.

If they're too big to attach if you could e-mail them to my username @gmail. Thanks.

Shortsonfire79

I have the same problem as Firefighter57 as well as many other posters in here.  I get a CTD when I plop several of the SCAG Cargo planes as well as the warehouses that are listed in the dependencies. 

This is a thread I posted on Simtropolis with the same problem.  Initially I thought it was an RMIP-SCAG conflict but it seems as though many people here are still having issues.  I know it lies within my plugins folder because when I clear the plugins sans cargo,warehouse and control tower lots they place without problem. 

I ran the DUFF program that Fafalone suggested and cleared the dependency dups but the ctd's still persist.  I also don't have any of the three files listed by firefighter57 so I guess I'm SOL there. :/  My problem isn't with the query, its with the placing.   I can do this, but once I click, I get the black screen and crash.

Thanks for the help. :)

Jaxxbauer

I need some help with Tabi's Cargo props and Military props.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1477

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1860

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1800

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1481

I cannot find for the life of me where the An-225, military planes, or even the Cargolux plane is?

I know I'm not the first to come across this issue and I havent been able to get a straight answer yet,

Please help!

fafalone

Are you talking about in the game?

Because if so, they're only released in the links you gave as props; not finished ploppable lots like most downloads. That means you would have to use Lot Editor to place them on a lot to be used in the game. I'm not sure if anyone has posted lots publicly for the military planes and maybe some cargo planes.

Sabretooth78

I've found a bit of a "bug" with the MMPs from the MD-80 set posted by joelyboy911 over on the STEX.  Basically, I've been looking for ways to slim down my plugins folder and one of the things I've decided to do is pare down my aircraft offerings and get into some custom lotting.  You guys do great work but at the same time there's no need to have 300 liveries sitting around I'll never get to using!  :)

Anyway, 7 clicks into the MD-80 MMP is the Scandinavian Airlines version:

If I remove the model for that airliner, re-enter the game and click 7 times, I now get this:

I have no idea which building that is as I've never seen it grow in-game (or see a Scandinavian MD-80 in it's stead!) but it must be a Maxis default building as I've nothing else currently in plugins (doing testing as I've alluded).  Apparently some kind of conflict.

compdude787

Quote from: sargeantcm on October 05, 2014, 12:58:56 PM
I've found a bit of a "bug" with the MMPs from the MD-80 set posted by joelyboy911 over on the STEX.  Basically, I've been looking for ways to slim down my plugins folder and one of the things I've decided to do is pare down my aircraft offerings and get into some custom lotting.  You guys do great work but at the same time there's no need to have 300 liveries sitting around I'll never get to using!  :)

Anyway, 7 clicks into the MD-80 MMP is the Scandinavian Airlines version:
[snip]

If I remove the model for that airliner, re-enter the game and click 7 times, I now get this:
[snip]

I have no idea which building that is as I've never seen it grow in-game (or see a Scandinavian MD-80 in it's stead!) but it must be a Maxis default building as I've nothing else currently in plugins (doing testing as I've alluded).  Apparently some kind of conflict.

That's really weird. I've never seen that building grow in my cities, so it's obviously not a Maxis building.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

deora

That's really weird. I've never seen that building grow in my cities, so it's obviously not a Maxis building.
[/quote]

Oh i`m pretty sure it is a Maxis Building. It`s called "Hamster Tenements" and it grows at Stage 8.
http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Hamster_Tenements

Rockrok

I have a problem : when I plop a TMIP lot, my game crashes. Help me !