• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CityMania logo!

Started by townscape, July 04, 2010, 08:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

townscape

I've been working on a logo for the game and here is what I made so far:

which one would you choose?
what needs improvement?

any comments are welcome!

funny how I link the banner to the only place I ever post :)
The Greatest place to get a game name

callagrafx

Change the colour... too much like CXL for my liking  :thumbsup:  And the typography is very Simcity 3000.  The icon itself (CM) works, just keep it simple and as I said, change colour.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

townscape

Quote from: callagrafx on July 04, 2010, 10:17:56 AM
Change the colour... too much like CXL for my liking  :thumbsup:  And the typography is very Simcity 3000.  The icon itself (CM) works, just keep it simple and as I said, change colour.
SimCity 3000 means good or bad?

DanniBee

I think it looks great personally!

catty

The first one, while I agree with callagafx re colour, it does get your attention, but something to think about

QuoteThere are two major types of colour blindness: those who have difficulty distinguishing between red and green, and those who have difficulty distinguishing between blue and yellow.

so while I can see its a very bright red, orange and yellow colour, can everyone else see those same colours and more importantly see the logo pattern?

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

callagrafx

Quote from: townscape on July 04, 2010, 02:53:01 PM
SimCity 3000 means good or bad?

Neither... but it should have its own identity. 
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

j-dub

Personally, I like the circular logo, but furthering what everyone said about the color, if the M is going to be reddish brown, then the back has to not be the same, maybe do a red, yellow, blue, primary color type of thing.

Also, take a look at how the Metropolis Mania logo is implemented.
http://www.google.com/images?q=metropolismania&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbs=isch:1&ei=YFUyTKPJPOeInAebjYCDBQ&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=21

townscape

anyways, my attempts to change the color resulted in this:

main colors: yellow green blue

Ocram

Quote from: catty on July 05, 2010, 11:13:23 AM
The first one, while I agree with callagafx re colour, it does get your attention, but something to think about
"There are two major types of colour blindness: those who have difficulty distinguishing between red and green, and those who have difficulty distinguishing between blue and yellow."
so while I can see its a very bright red, orange and yellow colour, can everyone else see those same colours and more importantly see the logo pattern?
I do not understand. The color is not yellow and blue nor is it red and green. Red and yellow is not a common form of color-blindness. If someone has both of those color blindness, then it would seem to be blue/yellow and red/green and those two colors are different.

Update: I like the yellow, green, and blue because green and blue are my favorite colors.
If you always do YOUR best you will always be better than the best.

Can't think of anything better for a sig.

puzzled5543

I think that the yellow, green and blue works as well, not only because they always look good next to one another, but also because they are sort of reminiscent of the colors for the RCI bars.

P.S. Hi

catty

Quote from: townscape on July 16, 2010, 01:01:16 PM
anyways, my attempts to change the color resulted in this

I much prefer this one   &apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

DanniBee

townscape

Nique

Your 2d graphic skills are just amazing townscape. Happy to have you aboard.

I think it is time to setup the main website so we have a main portal. (structured)
Proudly developer of

tomkeus

Great job townscape. Just continue like this. I still cannot do any serious work because I'm still waiting for my internet provider to have a little mercy and connect me already.
#define TRUE FALSE /*Happy debugging suckers*/

townscape

Quote from: Nique on July 29, 2010, 11:08:02 AM
Your 2d graphic skills are just amazing townscape. Happy to have you aboard.

I think it is time to setup the main website so we have a main portal. (structured)

Yes, I agree!
I've already made some sketches but I still need to know how will it be organized. I don't really know where to start. Maybe we need a design document or something?

Also we need a writer or something similar to write all the  :satisfied: Motivational Mottos :satisfied: and info texts.

I tried contacting armagin concerning the website but he wouldn't respond to my pm or email.

Would you help me with organizing a template page or something similar with all the omni-present elements?
We can start a thread or something similar...

I am ready to begin whenever you are :)

Quote from: tomkeus on August 01, 2010, 05:12:49 AM
Great job townscape. Just continue like this. I still cannot do any serious work because I'm still waiting for my internet provider to have a little mercy and connect me already.

I hope that all the problems will rule out for you soon, and we can continue. By the time you will have the work done, we will have a great base (the website) for additional contribution and recruitment, but we seriously need to think about what we will include. Maybe something like an embedded sourceforge page or similar mode of introducing contribution.