• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feyss

Looks like NFS Carbon  :D

It's great to see something different like this  :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Great little story.

(I think I may have heard of this boy racer before! Did Takumi have to practice with a cup of water?)
Looking forward to what happens next.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Bipin

Awesome work!  &apls I can't believe someone else thought of Koyaanisqatsi too when seeing those light trails.

Nanami

Nice effect on the light there! wonder how this story will continue in next day?

Dantes

Simcity meet an Fast-Driver-Game!  :D
I like his photoshop work! °Ü°

art128

Wew, three months without an update!

Okay, Nothing much has been happening recently. I haven't really done any serious region work, just a few cities here and there, testing ideas, scraping others... I tried to switch to a rural french themed city briefly but I ended up disliking all I did so I scrapped that too and went back to rural Japan..

In the meantime I cleaned my plugin folder... Scrapped all I don't use, textures, props, NAM components, lots, models.... I managed to make it from 4GB to 700MB of plugins, and honestly all I have left is all I'll ever need, I think.

Oh yeah, thanks for the comments, glad you liked the fast cars! :D However I'm not sure if I'll continue the story... Maybe, who knows. I havcen't scrapped that idea yet though so it might happen.

However today I have three pictures I took in a city I started developing today, called Inukawa.. It's supposed to be located in a plain somewhere in Hokkaido. Click the pictures to see them in full 1080p.

A local train waits patiently at the station's red light as a limited express runs through at 120km/h

The same limited express train just a few meters away, crossing the east-west freeway.

The same shot, at night. This time it's a local train coming to the station.

That's all for now, I'll be back with more in the future.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

eggman121

Great work Arthur  :thumbsup:

I especially like that station :o

Was that made by you or someone else?

Anyhow I also like the trains that you have there.

I would be so pleased if you could post a link to those trains  $%Grinno$%

Thanks for the update.

-eggman121

art128

The station was created by EN, Japanese BATer and can be found here.

The limited express was made by our good Vester and can be found here. Mind you, there's no end engine, it was Photoshopped.

As for the local trains, it's a bit tricky. It's a timed props that was part of a Japanese train stations I had years ago, which I took a picture to paste into future updates like that. (most of the trains, if not all, are Photoshopped in)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Themistokles

Great to see an update here, always very high quality! Now that you mention cleaning plugins folders, I should maybe consider that too $%Grinno$%
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Simmer2

Beautiful work!! I always loved Japanese landscapes.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

kelis

Fantastic pictures Arthur ! I like the second picture...I really would like to see your french themed city, maybe it is better than you think...  $%Grinno$%

Saludos amigo.

PS: did you received the letter ?
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Girafe

Nice pics Arthur.

I am curious about the result you got for a french rural city, I am pretty sure it s not so bad as you pretend  :P
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Shark7

Nice update...really like that station...

Let me commend you for being able to do something I can not...actually minimizing your plugins folder.  Mine does nothing but grow.  Takes a bit of will power to go through and decide that there are things you just won't use.  &apls

And now...it appears I will be doing some downloading, since I really like that station.  Yep, my plugins folder is growing again.  ::)

kbieniu7

Yes, we like fast cars, as well as fast trains! :D 4GB to 700MB is a real change. I tried to dump unnecessary plugins, but I got missing single packages allmost everywhere in Kolbrów, so I managed to trash only around 50mb.

I'm really curious to see, how you would create a French countryside. Do you made any photos before sending your trials into the infinity?  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Great work, Arthur, it's really nice to see you update again  &apls  You certainly do an excellent job with trains!

Quote from: Girafe on March 08, 2016, 01:27:57 PM
Nice pics Arthur.

I am curious about the result you got for a french rural city, I am pretty sure it s not so bad as you pretend  :P

Agreed! :D

carlfatal

Nice pictures of the race!   :)

And looking to the new pictures I only thought: How do Japanese architects achieve the goal to build the most strange buildings into one small area? To be honest, I couldn´t live in between such a world made of concrete, especially if I think about ancient Japanese buildings.
And then all these wonderful and perfectly in SC4 rearranged, small gardens wherever one finds space for. What does a cherry tree think, if he grows there?  $%Grinno$%

Such a realism like you always show - simply outstanding!  :)

Dantes

Three great pictures! Fantastic work. I love you modern town atmosphere!