• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

45 Degree Aerial Imagery on Google Maps

Started by Indiana Joe, July 14, 2014, 07:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indiana Joe

45 Degree Imagery Map

I thought I should share this link in a conspicuous place.  Somewhere deep in a Google Product thread I discovered a map someone had created.  It marks every place in the world that Google has mapped with 45 degree angle imagery.  I don't know exactly how updated it is, but it appears to be thorough.  In any case, there are hundreds of cities marked on it.

45 degree aerial imagery provides the closest thing to SimCity 4 perspective of the world.  I've found it very useful exploring real life urban design.  Once you zoom in to a few hundred feet elevation, 45 degree view should automatically activate.  If it isn't working, try manually turning it on in the menu on the right.

Try checking out my local big city, Raleigh.  Despite living well to the north, I can see my house from 45 degrees.   :P

art128

Bing also offers the same service. :)  It's really nice when you can't find any pictures of a BAT and you need reference (backside, roof etc)

Something truly cool would be a real time feed from satellites. That would be impressive. ;D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog