• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Quote from: cmdp123789 on December 22, 2013, 06:28:06 PM
Hi, I posted some problems with the elevated pieces on the NAM forum... are those fixed yet? will you be posting an update with the fixes or will we have to wait until the pre release 2?

Quote from: cmdp123789 on December 20, 2013, 01:30:55 PM

See in pic 1... the textures are blurry... so as in the avenue textures...

I don't know exactly what's going on here. Do you have a texture mod installed? It seems your Viaduct textures are overriden by another file.

Cheers
Willy

Swordmaster

Quote from: Wiimeiser on June 15, 2013, 03:16:51 PM
Here's hoping PEG updates now (3+ lots)

I didn't forget you.

Now I need to find that third lot.

Cheers
Willy

epicblunder

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 23, 2013, 02:32:35 AM
I don't know exactly what's going on here. Do you have a texture mod installed? It seems your Viaduct textures are overriden by another file.

That's from Rivit's Excellent-but-very-soon-to-be-obsolete Rail Upgrade Mod.

cmdp123789

As far as I know, I don't... The only thing selected was the brown viaduct... I will try to install again and make sure I don't... Question though... Where could the error be? I mean, is it possible that an option on the nam installer causes this?

Swordmaster

I've made pretty sure that the NAM installer cannot be a problem, so I'm talking about outside mods like the RUM epicblunder mentioned. The NAM viaduct color options don't matter, since they don't include a rail texture (but Rivit's alternate Viaduct colors do). So if you only have a NAM installation, a reinstall may be a good idea to try.

Cheers
Willy

eggman121

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on December 22, 2013, 11:10:09 PM
Oh my. These are very sexy (insofar as catenaries can be :p).

How are you going to deal with the issue of transit-enabled lots?

Will you be providing a guide as to how to use these catenaries on lots properly for a seamless appearance?

Can't wait to try these catenaries, it's something that's always been missing from SC4... Until now.

Hello Daniel

To answer your question TE lots will uncover the Type B Wires and series of poles. Since the Type B wires are uniform they will run flush with the wires from the TE Lots. I will make a tutorial for adding wires to TE Lots when the time comes. I will make a series of wires for use on TE lots since Orthogonal Wires are not hard to make but the ends of the TE Lot must have ending B Type wires or wires that are only 6.5 m tall for the top wire to run flush with the T21 Type B wires.

Here is an image of what I mean...

Above is a TE lot with a cantilever signal and some wires I added. This is purely for demonstration only. As you can see the wires on the TE Lot run flush with the B Type Wires that have been T21ed. If the length of the TE lot is odd in lenght, ie 1 or 3 tiles, a grass lot as you can see will be needed to one of the ends of the TE lots to uncover a some more Type B Wires an poles. This is to make the wires run flush since an odd TE lot will make one end of the wires flush but the other end non flush.

I may take this opportunity to thank the original creator of this lot and if anyone would like me to try to add wires to their TE lot stations for demonstration feel free to ask. I would like to show a TE lot railway station but only with the original creators permission.   

-eggman121

vester

It looks a bit to heavy, the members are way to thick for grid construction.
The four corner members together has about the right size for a solid column.

eggman121

Quote from: vester on December 23, 2013, 02:39:30 PM
It looks a bit to heavy, the members are way to thick for grid construction.
The four corner members together has about the right size for a solid column.

Hello Vester. The overhead cantilever signals are not my creation. It was merely left the to show the wires of the TE lot. I think Droric has made some more realistic signals which I'm eager to try. I probably should have said this in my earlier post.

-eggman121

droric

Not to disappoint, here is a quick render of the Canadian Railway signals I am modeling for use on the side of the tracks as opposed to overhead signals.  I was recovering from some medical issues that last couple days induced by my cats and allergies so I haven't gotten around to rendering them in game yet.  There are still some details missing such as foot guards for replacing or servicing the lights and the guards for the small ladder to prevent non railway personnel from climbing them.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

RepublicMaster

Looks nice!

Are you going to be making any British or German style signals? Ones that are generally just a basic pole. :)

Girafe

Good job on the catenaries  &apls &apls

Regarding the signals, just to let you know a frenchie did a pack with really interesting models:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

eggman121

Thanks Girafe

I have been working on placing railway catenaries on transport enabled lots lately and I am going to release some props for Lot makers to see which ways is most feasible. The wire has been offset so it only needs to be placed at the edge of the tile and rotated the correct way around. I recommend using SC4Pim from the LEX since it is more precise than the Maxis Lot editor.
The props can be found here...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3waR3GbCY2fRGxLYmxBcHZfdzA/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to make your own station poles here are the dimensions. 

Here is the Jasoncw - Perry Station with catenaries using SC4 pim lot editor. This was just a test lot to see which way was best to add electrification props to TE Lot stations. I will not be releasing it since it someone else's work but the original creator is free to use my props.

Different types of wire may be released later but for the moment I am only releasing the Type B wire
Keen to see what stations people come up with.

-eggman121

Indiana Joe

Eggman perhaps you could make a lot with overhanging props that would allow the wires to extend into all kinds of lots and stations.

DJSun1981

He Willy, dont forget the STR with Pegs Crossroads  &idea

feyss

Well. I read all this topic and I have juste one thing to say: all this work look fantastic and ambitious. I can't wait to test it in my next city.  :thumbsup:

SpeedbumpJoey

trabman11

Great work guys  &apls! I love the new textures :satisfied:. Just one thing though ;D - In UDI mode, the arrows for the track switches do not show up  ()what(). Just thought I'd let you guys know  ::).

RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

droric

Quote from: Girafe on December 25, 2013, 01:38:23 AM
Regarding the signals, just to let you know a frenchie did a pack with really interesting models:

I am having some difficulties finding reference photos to model the signals after.  This is what I came up with from some searches on European railway signals.  Also attached are the Canadian styled frame trackside signals.  I will probably get a few more modeled up and release a lot pack and a prop pack.

To whoever else commented on the signals thanks for your comments I am terrible at responding individually  :P

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Swordmaster

Quote from: trabman11 on December 29, 2013, 07:31:07 AM
Great work guys  &apls! I love the new textures :satisfied:. Just one thing though ;D - In UDI mode, the arrows for the track switches do not show up  ()what(). Just thought I'd let you guys know  ::).

Correct, these are governed by a certain setting in the paths which I overlooked. I had promised to get to it which I had better deliver on, apparently.

Cheers
Willy

yann

Hi all, were  I can find installer of this great plugin ? or can you send me in a rar files, the files of RRW ?

thanks you