• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Trying to build a deprecated puzzle piece

Started by ipatrol, December 30, 2016, 02:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipatrol

I have been unable to create the starterless E1 "same direction" wye, which is listed as deprecated in the ramps menu, but with no success. I can easily create the various "opposite direction" wyes, but I have tried for the better part of two days unsuccessfully trying to replicate that piece with the DRIs and flex ramps. The docs say that all deprecated pieces can be made using the DRI/flex interface, so either I'm doing something wrong, or that piece shouldn't be deprecated, and I need to figure out which one.

eggman121

Hello ipatrol

Here is the pattern you need to make the desired piece.

The OWR is the pattern below with the piece above.

Also to make the piece you should draw down from the orthogonal mainline and than draw across to the side you want to make the desired side or flip.

This is to stop autoconnect.

hope that helps.

-eggman121

ipatrol

Thank you eggman121 for the explanation.

It seems so non-intuitive though. Why wasn't this mentioned anywhere in the wiki?

Tarkus

Quote from: ipatrol on December 31, 2016, 12:37:30 PM
It seems so non-intuitive though. Why wasn't this mentioned anywhere in the wiki?

Likely just an omission.  The Wiki work is still very much a work-in-progress.

-Alex

David Hvejsel Stenstrøm

Sorry about reviving this old thread. I've been away from SC4 for a long time ... and the NAM has changed a lot. Where can I find a full list of these ramps/interchanges and how to make them  ()what()

911Diva

I was able to find tutorials on youtube!!  Glad to have you back!!

mgb204

Useful reference can be found here:

This is also included in the NAM documentation which can be found in Documents\SimCity 4\NAM Auxiliary Files\Documentation. There are also some very handy tutorials made by their creator, which you can find on YouTube.