• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

romualdillo's little BATs & Problems

Started by romualdillo, May 21, 2014, 09:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silur

compdude787

Welcome back! You'll have to buy a digital copy of SC4 if you want it to work on Windows 10. Whatever you do, don't buy it on Origin. Not only does the BAT not work on an Origin copy of the game, but Origin is currently selling an unpatched and unpatchable version of the game--again. Get it from GOG or Amazon; those versions are DRM free.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Sciurus

Hi romualdillo !

[/size]I'm glad to see that you're back soon to BAT ! I just wonder how you do miror BATs without having any glitch problems with your textures...

Hope to see other news soon. :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

JP Schriefer

bombardiere

Quote from: romualdillo on February 05, 2017, 12:54:11 PM
. I know it's such a process with windows 10 and if I want the BAT to run properly I'll need a bit of time to finish what I'm doing at the moment and prepare everything to get back to work.

I changed to windows 10 with my new computer last autumn. You need a digital SC4, but otherwise I had no issues with SC4 or programs I need for batting. Well, some dll was needed for PIM-X, but that I usual I guess. And I need run everything as Admin, which is annoying. 3DS MAX render can't update the model (LOD) files in the plugin folder, unless I run 3DS MAX as an Admin. I guess Microsoft idea of security is when the user can't do anything with the computer. :D

I do prefer Windons 7 and may I install it later, but yeah I think I can live with the Windows 10. As long as I don't think what kind of info it sends about myself to Seattle.  ::)

romualdillo

Silur: Thank you!
compdude787: Thank you! I solved the issue and everything seems to work fine.  ;)
Sciurus: Thank you! They have no texture problems just because I render the mirrored models in BAT, so they are "real" models.  ;D
Schriefer: Thank you!
bombardiere: Thank you! I experienced the same problems as you, but I think they're all solved.  ;)

As I said before, I installed everything again and all programs seem to work fine. Playing the game now is like seeing the world through new glasses, I think I'll have to get used to the new appearance. I would say it looks much better now, but I've discovered some visual "glitches" I didn't see in my old computer but I could see in your images when using my stuff. It's some kind of LODs' conflict, so I'm reworking my lots and I'm going to update my older files.

I still don't have anything new to show, I'm sorry...  &mmm 

romualdillo

Sorry for the double post, but I rendered the first building in my new computer, and it looks a bit different to the other buildings. I think it has something to do with gamma correction or the new graphics card, because the building looks now exactly as exported from Sketchup. Gmax doesn't "burn" colours anymore, and even the lights look a bit different now. I like the new aspect but I don't know if it looks too dark compared to the previous buildings (or too dark at all). Shadows and details also seem to be more defined... I think I'm going to try lighter textures.

So, what do you think?

But now I have other problem...

It should be the mirrored version of the building, but it looks like that in zoom levels 5 and 6. In the other levels it looks normal.

I think there's something wrong in the way Gmax organizes the FSH and S3D files, they don't follow the usual order I'm used to. I've rendered 5 diferent models and all of them have the same Group number, but different Instance number (10000, 20000, 30000, 40000, 50000). I need some help with that. The only model following the usual order is model with Instance number 30000, which was the Instance number of all the buildings I redered before. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Simmer2

Hello romualdillo

Try the script at the bottom of my post.

Simply copy/paste it over the old script found in \gmax\gamepacks\BAT\scripts.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

romualdillo

Thank you Simmer2! I'll try it later.  ;)

EDIT: It worked fine, thank you!  &apls

manga rivotra

For me it does not look so dark if you consider that it is not a "R $$$ lot", and the color is very interesting.  :)
I love the water running marks below the windowsill and on the stones also, very finely executed.  &apls &apls &apls
Nice to see you're back !  :thumbsup:

Edvarz

I'm late to the fray but whatever. It's really nice to see you back! Your models are all fantastic, I'm already using stuff from your prop pack. I'm always eager to see what you come up with next, keep up the great work! :) &apls

romualdillo

Thank you both!!

I'm writing again just to announce that I'll be returning again gradually. All the issues of RL that prevented me from BATting are finally gone, and I've started again with my models. I've had problems with shadows and lights lately. I think I'm solving them, but sometimes it gets really annoying. I have plans and ideas to start a city, but I'd like to finish all my uncompleted projects before...
See you soon!!
;)

Tyberius06

Hi!

I'm happy that you are returning.
Right now I'm spending my holiday in Spain as a little round trip, couple of city breaking (Madrid-Valencia-Gandia-Mallorca-Ibiza), and I've already got some city planning inspiration. My question are you planning to make some spanish style churches? The Cathedral of Valencia and Mallorca are really beautiful, but I found many very nice building both Madrid and Valencia. Anyway I've seen just a very little part of Spain, but my favourite city is Barcelona so far, speaking about architecture.
But I'm planning to discover more and more about Spain.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

vester

Good to hear you are on your way back to batting.  :thumbsup:

praiodan

Oh, you're teasing us! Good to hear you are back.  :)

c.p.

Nice to see you're back and resuming your projects :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Thank you all!!
Tyberius06: I plan doing some churches and cathedrals of Spain. I also plan modelling buildings from Madrid and Barcelona. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Spain! There are lots of things to see out of the best known places. Northern Spain is really beautiful and it's not so known (except for Santiago de Compostela).

I'm really frustrated now. BAT started to make some annoying rendering errors and I don't know what else do. I thought it was due to the last Windows update, but I removed the update and nothing changed. I reinstalled BAT, and it didn't work. I tried other files and models and after the first test render it starts again and again. Textures get lost in the render and lights don't work properly. Everything worked fine until last friday...

This is the issue, textures can be rendered in black or in the diffuse colour, shadows may disappear completely and lights behave as if there were no walls. Does anyone know how to solve it? Thank you in advance!

JP Schriefer

Did you already try to reverse/flip the faces?

romualdillo

Yes, I tried, but it didn't help. The image was only an example, textures appear or disappear more or less randomly (There are textures that tend to vanish more than others and not in every render). Normally first test render looks OK, but then problems start... Thank you for your help!

Simmer2

On the right side of the panel there is a button named "Resource collector", click on it and wait till Gmax is done.
Do a preview, if it still not working then close and open the project again and try.

It does happen to me sometimes after working on a project for a while, I just close it and open it again and render away after doing a preview to make sure all is good.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________