• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Ped Malls and transit enabled lots

Started by ivo_su, March 10, 2011, 10:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo_su

Is there a way to create a ped mall using TE lots? I know ped malls are network pieces but it would be nice if lots could function and have the same paths as real ped malls.

-Ivaylo (Ivo)

jondor

It is possible to specify custom paths for TE lots.  After you transit enable the lot in SC4Tool or similar (I suggest using One Way Road the same way the TRAM stations are done to avoid crashes), open the lot config exemplar in the Reader and add an additional rep to the LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData line starting with a 7 and add the IID of the path file.  It has to be a model based path file (GID 0xA966883F) but since the ped mall tiles are model based, this won't be a problem.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

ivo_su

Can you be a little clearer in the guidance. The first part which is connected to  SC4Tool  I understood it  but then not. Can you thoroughly explain to me  exactly  what to do in Reader.

Thank you
- Ivaylo (Ivo)

Tarkus

You should be able to do it with SC4Tool, actually.  The PedMall puzzle pieces are technically Road-based . . . you might be able to TE it in all 4 directions for road, and then apply custom paths from the PedMall paths just as you did with the MAVE-6 there.

-Alex

deadwoods

I don't know if what you want to achieve it feasible. Whilst the folks above have given you a positive response to your question, you can't place two TE'd lots side by side. So if you plan a sinlge lot and want to have peds walking around on it, that would work. If you want to create a PMT lot and be able to lay a row of them down that won't work.
David, aka deadwoods

ivo_su

Would you give this Path that is ped-mall. If I understand correctly should mark a tile with "C" - for the road and then entered into Expert mode and enter a value of Rep-16. The problem is  that I do not know  this value.

Thank you
- Ivaylo (Ivo)

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on March 10, 2011, 02:15:33 PM
The problem is  that I do not know  this value.

It's 0x55267100. 

Quote from: deadwoods on March 10, 2011, 02:05:56 PM
I don't know if what you want to achieve it feasible. Whilst the folks above have given you a positive response to your question, you can't place two TE'd lots side by side. So if you plan a sinlge lot and want to have peds walking around on it, that would work. If you want to create a PMT lot and be able to lay a row of them down that won't work.

From the looks of things, I'd guess he's going for a somewhat RTMT-ish lot but with a custom texture that has a bus pullout lane, which he's intending to connect to the PedMalls.  I'm also wondering if there might be an easier way to accomplish that that wouldn't require the additional PedMall tiles as part of the Lot itself.  A completely custom path might be in order.

ivo_su

This is just TE-lot that consists of 2 parts. One is for pedestrians and other vehicles. Whole Lot a width of 4 tile having an average of two  used to MAVE and end of pavement. Side must have the ability  to ped-mall to be able to zoning and to build buildings.

We just tried this Path that Alex gave me but at the moment trying to put a LOT in the game SHE crashing.

jondor

I had assumed you meant a single tile TE lot to connect pedmalls with other networks.  I also forgot that SC4Tool could add the 16th rep.

It is not possible to have buildings grow next to a TE lot, or for sims to reach jobs in plopped buildings when the only connection is a TE lot.  There would have to be a row of pedmall tiles between the lot and the buildings like the top half of your picture.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

ivo_su

Yet is there any way to make te - Lot in which type I want. What is the problem  can not happen to SC4Tool when use Rep.16. Please try and if you have some time to do such a Lot to know all that is possible. Celan is half lot to have the structure of the lanes and the other half of the sidewalks.

Best,
-Ivaylo (Ivo)

ivo_su

Here is a photo of both Lot, which have difficulties. Hopefully now understand better what I mean. I just want the sides of  they can grow up buildings. I think this would be achievable if these areas have values ​​of sidewalk or ped-mall.

- Ivaylo

deadwoods

AFAIK, that tool won't do ped-only. It's showing "C" which is road. "A" is street. Both are for vehicles not peds.
David, aka deadwoods

ivo_su

Quote from: deadwoods on March 11, 2011, 02:44:03 PM
AFAIK, that tool won't do ped-only. It's showing "C" which is road. "A" is street. Both are for vehicles not peds.

Tell me what I use to work. Apparently really "A" and "C" does not work.  I very much  want to  do work. It would be great and similar ideas.

P.S. and what does AFAIK

Best,
Ivo

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

Thanks for the clarification Maarten. Hopefully someone had  come idea how I can solve this problem. Indeed, already the second night I can not sleep and I bump your head to figure out a way in which to do this.