• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion Requests

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colyn

Ok the time issue is resolved ... the offset number in the user profile is not a GMT offset ... you have to figure out how many hours to add to get to your own right time ... for people on the CAT and CET timezone this number is 8.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

moganite

i was wondering how do you add html tables i ahve tried it in my SCTF tech data sheet but it comes out as a big list it should look something like the table at the link below or what I would like to know how to do it.

Link:http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=120&threadid=84105&enterthread=y
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

Colyn

Be patient ... we need to activate that feature in the POSTING interface ... currently we are busy getting to grips with what is running ... so in time we will get to that for you ... HTML Tables can really drag the board down if not applied properly so you have to give us some time to configure it properly.
Come see CSX Play

moganite

ok i will try to remove those particular tables. Thank you for you assistance.

sometimes i push things to far lol

The tables are in the post at ST and are needed for the info.

Edit: A note at each of the table locations now refers to the original article at ST
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

Colyn

Thanks ... hopefully we get to these things within a day or so but we have other more pressing issues to resolve.
Come see CSX Play

Yoder7652

I got a quick suggestion...is there a way to know who is online at any given time....like on the frontpage?

Never mind....I found it....gotta get my bearings  :)

threestooges

One question and/or request for the file download section. Is there a way to search for a specific file or a person's files? I may have just overlooked it (if that is the case is it possible to make it more noticeable) but if it doesn't exist, would it be possible to add that feature? Thanks again for all the developments so far.

jplumbley

I would like to make a request on behalf of uploaders.

For our descriptions can you make it possible for us to be able to use ENTER and colors or bold at minimum?  This will make descriptions easier to read especially when there is an installation tutorial needed.

Also, is there a way to veiw the second picture uploaded?

JPlumbley
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jeronij

Hello to all,

threestooges and jplumbey, your requests are quite logical and make sense. I think I wrote already somewhere, but I´ll inform you again  ;)

the actual "exchange" is an attempt I did to give this site this quite basic (for our community) feature, and since this is my first web project program ever, it took me quite a loooong time to finish what we have actually. Add these features would be quite difficult for me, and would consume a time that I dont have  &mmm .

Fortunately for all, the BSC Team has been developing an exchange tool, which will soon be installed here, and which will give you all the features you are asking for, and many many more  ;D . It is just a matter of time. There are actually some other more urgents matters to deal with, but the exchange is also ver important for us all, so you can be sure that it will be added as soon as possible.
In the meantime, you can add or not files to the exchange. As you prefere. Any existing file in the actual exchange will be moved to the new exchange once it is ready, and no data will be lost. Once your files are in the new exchange, you will be able to edit them and of course, see the second picture, add a comment, a vote, etcetera, etcetera...

Dont think you wont have a great exchange soon  ;D !!!
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jplumbley

Thanks for the reply jeronij.

I had one other request about uploads.  Some of the members on NHP, like to create large maps (Beskhu3epnm).  These maps right now are starting to be limited by the maximum size allowed to be uploaded to STEX and this site which is 10 mb or so.  Invermere Valley was 9.6mb in size and we are able to create some maps that are larger.  With many of these maps we will also have smaller options to upload aswell, like with Invermere Valley we are about to start on a mini series taking specific parts of the map and making mini regions.  If it is possible are you able to allow a maximum upload of 12.5mb or 15mb per file?  That way wouanagaine can have a little bit more leeway with adding information, like including the config.bmp in an SC4M and other things that we may have in store for SC4TF and SC4Mapper.  Right now the 10mb is the limiting factor for us.  If this is not possible or it is just simply too big that is not a problem either it is just a wish from our end.

Thanks again in advance,

JPlumbley

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jeronij

Quote from: jplumbley on December 29, 2006, 10:58:59 PM
Thanks for the reply jeronij.

I had one other request about uploads.  Some of the members on NHP, like to create large maps (Beskhu3epnm).  These maps right now are starting to be limited by the maximum size allowed to be uploaded to STEX and this site which is 10 mb or so.  Invermere Valley was 9.6mb in size and we are able to create some maps that are larger.  With many of these maps we will also have smaller options to upload aswell, like with Invermere Valley we are about to start on a mini series taking specific parts of the map and making mini regions.  If it is possible are you able to allow a maximum upload of 12.5mb or 15mb per file?  That way wouanagaine can have a little bit more leeway with adding information, like including the config.bmp in an SC4M and other things that we may have in store for SC4TF and SC4Mapper.  Right now the 10mb is the limiting factor for us.  If this is not possible or it is just simply too big that is not a problem either it is just a wish from our end.

Thanks again in advance,

JPlumbley

Unfortunately this time I will have to say no. This limitation is set by the server and I can not increase it. The initial max size was 2,5MB and one of the first things I did was to contact my hosting services to increase it to the maximum for my account type. The maximum is 10MB  &mmm
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

threestooges

Thanks for letting me know, I must have missed your first mention of it. The file download section is certainly fine as it is now. I'll keep an eye out for the BSC update of it. Your work with this site is impressive for your first web project. Can't wait to see what you have coming up next.

jplumbley

Thanks for the reply jeronij.  Like I said at the end it is not a problem if it is too difficult or too many loopholes to jump through.  Thanks for the reason too!!

Street Addon Mod - SAM

vab423

Ok, this is probably something really dumb and easy but how does one get back to the site's home page from the forums?  If I click the Home tab, I just get taken to the main forums page.  Thx!

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

sebes

@Vab423: I had the same problem (and others ;). They all got solved when I logged on manually (overtyping my ID and password in the browser) in stead if automatically, just for one time.
It seems to be caused by a bad cookie. See Teacat's signature for advise where to dunk that!  :D

Happy 2007!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jeronij

Quote from: vab423 on December 31, 2006, 09:02:43 PM
Ok, this is probably something really dumb and easy but how does one get back to the site's home page from the forums?  If I click the Home tab, I just get taken to the main forums page.  Thx!

There are some links which bring you to an unwrapped version of the forums. Usually the ones in the last messages list in the main page, and some email notifications. We are working on it. In the meantime, use the browser's back button or type www.sc4devotion.com in the browser's url. We will solve this issue as soon as possible.

Login out an in may solve some other issues related to member's accesibility to determinate areas in the site. Do it if this is your case.

We do apologize for the inconveniences, which will be solved as soon as possible.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vab423

Hey sebes and jeroni, thanks for the responses. Not a huge problem -- just something I noticed; I'm perfectly fine with the workaround.  Happy new year and have a great day!

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

Shadow Assassin

This sounds kinda stupid, but I can't find the downloads section anymore. Is there a link anywhere to it?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jeronij

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 03, 2007, 09:27:00 PM
This sounds kinda stupid, but I can't find the downloads section anymore. Is there a link anywhere to it?

Are you using IE or FF ?¿

Try logging out and loggin in again. If it does not work, clean your browser's cache and/or the site's cookies.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Shadow Assassin

I've done all that, and it still refuses to appear...

Unless you're working on it?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!