• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 37 Release Candidate -- Discussion and Support Thread

Started by Tarkus, April 23, 2020, 06:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JahnSpd

Just curious, does this new version have any of the MHO flex stuff?

Zeratai

Hi, I hope you can help me with 2 questions:

1. I installed NAM 37 Pre release and then run a check for duplicated plugins. I ran across 3 files, that where duplicated during installation. Are these files duplicated? Can I delete one of them?

Files are these:

2 of them have the same name and size:

1. RealRailway_Textures_Misc_ERRW

Located: - Plugins\Network Addon Mod\2 Additional Network Features\Rail (RealRailway)\c_RealRailway_Textures
             - Plugins\Network Addon Mod\2 Additional Network Features\Rail (RealRailway)\d_RealRailway_Textures_Misc

2. RealRailway_Textures_Preview_ERRW

Located: - Plugins\Network Addon Mod\2 Additional Network Features\Rail (RealRailway)\c_RealRailway_Textures
             - Plugins\Network Addon Mod\2 Additional Network Features\Rail (RealRailway)\d_RealRailway_Textures_Misc

This next file has the same name but different size:

NetworkAddonMod_WideRadiusCurves_RRW

Located:

Plugins\Network Addon Mod\2 Additional Network Features\Rail (RealRailway)\0_Rail_(RealRailway) Legacy\0_Curves
&
Plugins\Network Addon Mod\2 Additional Network Features\Rail (RealRailway)\0_Rail_(RealRailway) Legacy\6_Legacy_WRC

I suspect this last file can be duplicated due to differences in size? I really don't know if two files have the same name of the file can cause conflicts in game. I've been running scans to search for duplicates in my plugins folder since one time happened to me that I downloaded like 4 times different plugins.

Next question, is not actually a question, but I noticed that the tips of the FLEXRamp Type B2,  says "RHW-8S (L0 only)" twice. I suppose RHW-8C (L0 only) is what it meant? Don't know... I attach a photo of this.

Paul 999

First thanks for the new release :) It brings me back into the game

I notice that the RHW-6 exits no longer work as stable as before. With a lot of patience it is possible to click it in the right way. I never see this problems before.

thingfishs

Hi, thank you all for your continued work. Despite being a long term player, I haven't overly utilised the NAM over the years - however, I am in the middle of a RL city replication project (Adelaide, Australia),and the time has come to fully get my head around it all. I've only had a quick look so far, (nothing to report yet other than noticing the significant extra loading time, with the first loaded city in particular - that Rivit mentioned), but I do have a question.

Is there a way to avoid the new regional transport view colours? I couldn't see anything in the setup (doesn't mean I didn't miss it). I find my streets, roads and highways are all essentially black (whereas the legend indicates roads should be grey...?), and it makes it hard to glean much information from it. Thanks again.  :thumbsup:

rivit

@Zeratai - answering your Rail finding.

The duplicated files need not be removed as such, they are overriding earlier loaded stuff. We have this one on the list for resolution, and it will be fixed by the final Release.

rivit

Girafe

I installed NAM 37 in an empty Plugin folder. However the game crashes when loading a city (completely new City from new Region).
While removing folder by folder, the folder z_NAM Controller_RHD is the one making the game crashed.

Seeking for your help  ::)

Note: I have a Steam version of SC4 installed on Windows 7.

Edit: Thanks to Tibi for the help. I had to patch the exe in Steam folder  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Nathan Machado

Hello guys!

Are these REW (Real Expressway Modd) ramps included in NAM 37? I'd love to use them but I only can find one of the ramps by dragging a one-way-road. Are the others available as well? Thanks. :)

eggman121

Quote from: Nathan Machado on May 05, 2020, 08:46:00 PM
Hello guys!

Are these REW (Real Expressway Modd) ramps included in NAM 37? I'd love to use them but I only can find one of the ramps by dragging a one-way-road. Are the others available as well? Thanks. :)

Only the Drawn ramps are in NAM 37. Those are the A1 and B1 in Diagonal and orthogonal directions.

More interfaces are planned after NAM 37 but they may take a while to eventuate.

The reason behind this is the Tidal flow Issue that breaks paths.

-eggman121

Wiimeiser

No clue why these pieces are conflicting. Yes, the game is telling me having a network connecting a FlexFly and Diagonal-FAMIS is illegal.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

The 45° FLEXFly doesn't have a diagonal tile at the diagonal end of its CheckTypes, but an ortho stub.  This is intentional, and that will most likely prevent the Diagonal-FAMIS curve from being placed right there as a side-effect.

Quote from: godfreygodfrey on May 04, 2020, 01:45:08 PM
Just curious, does this new version have any of the MHO flex stuff?

Yes.  The Draggable Ramp Interfaces for the MHO have been added this release.  Just forgot to list them on the features list.

Quote from: Paul 999 on May 04, 2020, 11:06:55 PM
I notice that the RHW-6 exits no longer work as stable as before. With a lot of patience it is possible to click it in the right way. I never see this problems before.

I haven't been able to replicate all parts of your issue (the bit of an inside ramp popping in at the bottom is the one spot I can't recreate--even with running EU textures), but I've fixed some stability with the RHW-6S Type D1, and also with the 90° MIS curves, which seem to have me able to build that setup now without issue.

Quote from: thingfishs on May 04, 2020, 11:34:44 PM
Is there a way to avoid the new regional transport view colours? I couldn't see anything in the setup (doesn't mean I didn't miss it). I find my streets, roads and highways are all essentially black (whereas the legend indicates roads should be grey...?), and it makes it hard to glean much information from it. Thanks again.  :thumbsup:

The RHW-compatible Regional Transport View Plugin requires that the user open up a DataView at some point before saving the city tile.  Doing so will actually change the colors to something more fitting, rather than all black (and unfortunately, changing those more fitting colors is not in the cards--jondor chose those very specifically to cover up what you encountered.

More details on it can be found in this section of the documentation.  It is possible to select to not install it, but doing so will mean you won't see RHWs on the Regional Transport View.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Actually, I was experiencing the opposite, the FlexFly couldn't be placed next to the FAMIS. If I place the FlexFly first, placing the FAMIS causes the FlexFly to become completely static and be unable to be dragged over, and if I delete the stub in between with the disconnector and place the two curves I'm unable to place filler pieces there for some reason.

JahnSpd

Was the SFBT TiS station changed somehow? All of them have turned invisible, and when I build a new one the poles are missing and nothing denotes it as a station, just looks like a ortho TiS piece..

Tarkus

The station was not changed, but it's possible that some of the changes with the mod may have given you a bad install of it.  We've tried to dial the default installation back to the point where we're just providing a base station or two for each network out of the gate, with the remainder available as additional addons.  It's possible somewhere in the file architecture switcheroo that we created a situation in which certain props may not be installed.  Stations are not my expertise, so this will require some research.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Diagonal X Diagonal RRW is missing LHD paths.

AsimPika3172

Quote from: matias93 on April 23, 2020, 01:00:01 PM
2. The RHW-6 Box Girder bridge dissappeared

I was able to rebuild it, though:

Same also on me! Some files was included under Z____NAM folder.  &mmm
I loves Sim City forever!

druidlove

One thing that I noticed that is not working is the SFBT Tram street stop file is not working. Tried to add it back to the NAM, and it still does not show up in the list.
Another thing to mention that the left turn lanes created with the one-way trick will cause roads to disappear. It took some time to realize, just left click a road on the intersection will cause them to appear again.

edit:  after copying it back, albeit in the z__nam folder I created, the road texture is missing from it completely

thingfishs

Hi again,

just noticed this - I fell like I would have noticed if it was like that when I originally laid it out.

(However, it may have been laid with NAM 36 and this photo is with 37) Is that the issue - i.e. does it just need relaying with 37?

Oh, and thanks for the info regarding the transportation map (it's not ideal, but worth it to have the RHW visible).

Tarkus

Regarding the Tram-on-Street station, we've received multiple reports of it.  There's a file that didn't get in amidst all the file architecture changes.  We'll investigate it before the finalized release (which may still be a bit of time off . . . there's not many issues, but the last ones are proving to be a serious pain--the FlexSPUI LHD issues and a bridge-related issue chief among them).

thingfishs, regarding your Rail issue there, the RRW does alter the design of that particular curve, so I would try clicking in that area with the Rail tool.  That should address it.

-Alex

LucarioBoricua

Has anyone else faced issues with road tunnel portals (or any other tunnel type, yet to test those myself)?

If we look at the NAM 36 tunnels, the custom tunnel portals shape the terrain just right to fit against the portal shape.

But then the NAM 37 tunnels appear to deform the terrain based on the Maxis tunnel portal, which of course is taller, leaving that unsighty gap where the custom tunnel model differs from the shape of the original tunnel.

rivit

NAM is configured for the default MAXIS road tunnels. NAM37 will use 7.5m Rail Tunnels.

The tunnels you're using there are mine - to use them with NAM you need to make sure that the SlopeExemplar in my mod loads after NAM. 

Then it knows that these tunnels are 7.5 not 12m high and the terrain will change accordingly.