• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linus van Pelt

In the area where I grew up, which is actually between Mannheim and Heidelberg, New Holland is pretty common.
Although I remember Fendt as the most common brand during my childhood (~ 15 years ago).

Now I live in the east of Germany. Farms are much bigger here, so you see much bigger tractors often times by Claas.

My favourite is MB-Trac. My Grandpa bought one in the 70s, which is still used by one of our neighbours. I don't know if that's usual, but at least this particular one has a crazy quality.

jmelvin

Very nice work on the tractors, Fred.  &apls

Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be for you to pair up a tractor with one of your other implements as a single prop? Pairings of a tractor with a disc/plow/planter/sprayer or other could be turned into timed props for use on fields with crops that change with the seasons. Pegasus had the idea of putting tractors and plows on some of his field but these looked really weird. Sometimes the field would have just a plow or just a tractor but the two never showed up together since they were separate props. I think jmeyers has a tractor hooked up with a hay wagon. I think I saw a harvester unloading into a grain wagon in the VIP OR Agripack and there are a couple of props of a tractor paired with a grain wagon in Simgoober's Mega Props. Firoz has a tractor paired eith a sprayer in his Colossus Farming set. I don't remember seeing any other pairings. I know we can get the right look with separate props for static situations but I would like to put some equipment in the fields for some farms.

Right now I'm toying with making some farms that are just large fields with no buildings. The idea is to have a big/huge (i.e., 15x15, 20 x 20, 15 x 25) lot using timed props that would have the crop in my "field" going through a few growth stages with one of the stages being a partially harvested field with appropriate equipment props timed to match that stage and hold that look for about a month. These "farms" could have their own fields of the same or a different crop. I think I can do this with individual equipment props set up with the timing set to match my partially harvested stage and some of my crop props would need different timing to freeze that partially harvested field look. Plus, I'll have to model some flat 16m x 16m ground level props that I can time so my "field" can have a couple of different looks such as after the harvest, after cultivation, after planting before the plants break ground, etc.

I'm really looking forward to your set of equipment props.

mrbisonm

Quote from: fantozzi on November 29, 2018, 09:40:42 AM
White stuff? Wasn't it marihuana recently legalized?

The biggest tractor manufacturing site in Germany is in Mannheim, close to Heidelberg. 2900 employees working there and every 3 senconds a tractor is completed. Two thirds of all tractors built in germany coming from this site in Mannheim. Long ago this was the Lanz AG who manufactured the legendary "Bulldog". In 1956 Lanz AG was bought by John Deere. May sound funny but this makes John Deere germany's biggest tractor maker. John Deere also is the best selling. Second: Fendt, Third: Deutz.

Thank you so much for this variation of tractors. To me they are great. Each one shows "character": the fast friend, the working horse, the muscle man etc. I know a french prop pack with Renault and Fiat.  If we imagine the "Dorftractor" to be a Deutz - with your set Sims have now a good and pretty realistic choice of tractors.

Well done Mr. Bisonm.  &apls &apls &apls
White stuff has been a pain in the **** so early in the year, we received already quite a lot......Yes Marihuanan was legalized under restricted use in Canada. Here in the Province of Quebec, it will even be under more strict laws. Not sure that this is a good idea, but we have a Premier Minister, whose parents were fullbred Hippies......lol

Yes, I know about Mannheim and the JD manufacture. Actually I am deeply into tractors since my childhood. I have created about 25 or so tractor models for the Farming Simulator 2013, 2016 and 2017 with 3ds. And since I own a farm here in Canada since over 48 years, I naturally have had a few.
I'm the kind of guy who rather drives a tractor than a car. ;)

Quote from: Linus van Pelt on November 29, 2018, 02:30:29 PM
In the area where I grew up, which is actually between Mannheim and Heidelberg, New Holland is pretty common.
Although I remember Fendt as the most common brand during my childhood (~ 15 years ago).

Now I live in the east of Germany. Farms are much bigger here, so you see much bigger tractors often times by Claas.

My favourite is MB-Trac. My Grandpa bought one in the 70s, which is still used by one of our neighbours. I don't know if that's usual, but at least this particular one has a crazy quality.

New Holland is very common here too, it replaced the Ford which weren't reallu the best tractors, but the NH is well known now for it's quality. Merzedes aalso has some good ones. I did not included them in my SC4 Collection, since here in North-America, they are totally unknown, never seen one in my life, although I spent my first 16 years in Germany near the Dutch and Belgian border (Aachen/Eifel) in an agricultural area. I remember when I was 12 that I drove Lindner and Schlueter tractors for a farmer nearby. That was fun.
In the Eastern area of Germany I suppose you see a lot of Zetor, Fortschritt and Ursus tractors also, maybe even Kirovets, which ones I love, because they are considered as the toughest machines.

Quote from: jmelvin on November 29, 2018, 07:46:59 PM
Very nice work on the tractors, Fred.  &apls

Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be for you to pair up a tractor with one of your other implements as a single prop? Pairings of a tractor with a disc/plow/planter/sprayer or other could be turned into timed props for use on fields with crops that change with the seasons. Pegasus had the idea of putting tractors and plows on some of his field but these looked really weird. Sometimes the field would have just a plow or just a tractor but the two never showed up together since they were separate props. I think jmeyers has a tractor hooked up with a hay wagon. I think I saw a harvester unloading into a grain wagon in the VIP OR Agripack and there are a couple of props of a tractor paired with a grain wagon in Simgoober's Mega Props. Firoz has a tractor paired eith a sprayer in his Colossus Farming set. I don't remember seeing any other pairings. I know we can get the right look with separate props for static situations but I would like to put some equipment in the fields for some farms.

Right now I'm toying with making some farms that are just large fields with no buildings. The idea is to have a big/huge (i.e., 15x15, 20 x 20, 15 x 25) lot using timed props that would have the crop in my "field" going through a few growth stages with one of the stages being a partially harvested field with appropriate equipment props timed to match that stage and hold that look for about a month. These "farms" could have their own fields of the same or a different crop. I think I can do this with individual equipment props set up with the timing set to match my partially harvested stage and some of my crop props would need different timing to freeze that partially harvested field look. Plus, I'll have to model some flat 16m x 16m ground level props that I can time so my "field" can have a couple of different looks such as after the harvest, after cultivation, after planting before the plants break ground, etc.
I'm really looking forward to your set of equipment props.

Making combined props of tractors and implements are of my intention, probably for the use with MP's. But if you want some special ones, let me know. I haven't finished the implement set yet and probably will only end this as an addon thing a little later, because there's too much to do yet. But I could release some soon, just tell me the most important ones you have in mind and I see what I can do.

Thanks everyone for the kind and constructive comments. Glad you like these tractor props and I hope that they will, together with the rest of the MFP1 , enlighten the game a little more again.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

These below are some of my Farm Simulator tractors (not all) and the ones circled I will transfer to SC4 models later, the ones I said that were the big machinery in a small add-on later from the West NA and Australia. They will be green (JohnDeere), red (Case IH) and Blue (New Holland) These are 500 to 600 HP Monsters and they will have their own implements

Last night I started gathering and packing the haysheds......;), the next pack to finalize. Here's a sample for the moment

Fred

jmelvin

QuoteMaking combined props of tractors and implements are of my intention, probably for the use with MP's. But if you want some special ones, let me know.

Some of the commonly used pairings one might see in a field would be useful. Such as a tractor paired with: manure spreader, springtooth harrow, multi-bottom plow, mower, wheel rake, planter, disc, baler, grain wagon, hay wagon. And then there is the tractor moving a round bale.

I know, I know. I'm greedy.

mrbisonm

Quote from: jmelvin on November 30, 2018, 09:05:07 AM
QuoteMaking combined props of tractors and implements are of my intention, probably for the use with MP's. But if you want some special ones, let me know.

Some of the commonly used pairings one might see in a field would be useful. Such as a tractor paired with: manure spreader, springtooth harrow, multi-bottom plow, mower, wheel rake, planter, disc, baler, grain wagon, hay wagon. And then there is the tractor moving a round bale.

I know, I know. I'm greedy.

To be honest, it looks like you are a little greedy.....lol.... but you're also lucky, I like those things.....lol

I will make some combinations, maybe the disc-harrow for larger fields, a plow, mower, Grain harvester, seeder or planter as you mentioned it, some Bennes filling trucks and a straw/haytrailer. The tractor gathering bales on its fork sounds good too with some bround bale piles here and there, ready to be picked up. ;)
We'll see what and when I can do.

Fred

FrankU

Hi Fred and all of you,

I have missed a bit of this discussion.
Part of it is beyond my scope: I know tractors as the huge things that push me off the road when I am driving my bicycle. But the models you showed are great, except for the white tyres here and there...
The white stuff reminds me of something I knew in my youth. Last year winter fell on january 3rd: we had half a day of snow, maybe about 3 cm fell in the morning and in the afternoon everyhting was gone.

But hey, the strawpile is useful too! Could you make one with a black cover? That's the color I see here mostly. Or is it too late for that kind of requests?

I am really looking forward to lotting again, so please send me your stuff! But it will certainly be too late for any kind of Adventcalendar or Christmas present.

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on November 30, 2018, 10:22:30 AM
Hi Fred and all of you,

I have missed a bit of this discussion.
Part of it is beyond my scope: I know tractors as the huge things that push me off the road when I am driving my bicycle. But the models you showed are great, except for the white tyres here and there...
The white stuff reminds me of something I knew in my youth. Last year winter fell on january 3rd: we had half a day of snow, maybe about 3 cm fell in the morning and in the afternoon everyhting was gone.

But hey, the strawpile is useful too! Could you make one with a black cover? That's the color I see here mostly. Or is it too late for that kind of requests?

I am really looking forward to lotting again, so please send me your stuff! But it will certainly be too late for any kind of Adventcalendar or Christmas present.

I already have a black tarpin for the haypile, one of four if I remember right, there's also a white one full of dirt and leaves and another colour, can't remember right now. Usually white and blue are the most common and black is usually used more for dilage since it heats up the products below it, and sometimes it's not not too good, especially when the hay has more than 15% of humidity. ;)

The "white" tires of the tractors are actually grey. They look a lot better ingame, I don't know why they come out almost white when taking a sample pic in gmax......? Same thing for the Dorftraktor Gruen, it is green ingame and almost white in the picture.......

Yes, I know it's too late for the advent, it will be more of a thing to start of the new year with. Sorry about this.

I sent you a PM FrankU, I was testing the newly scaled 489 models that I did in the last 10 days (one of my mental problems is scaling) and I need the mainbuildings to make some lots to show off the new stuff. I found the silos, the machinery sheds and the manure pack, but can't seem to find my mainbuilding dat. Thanks.

Fred

Edit:

Frank, found the black tarpe strawpile, didn't find the other two yet. Get back to them when I have all the hayshed pack together. I think the fourth one was a greyish/beige tarp, I remember now. ;)

Fred

jmelvin

Frank and Fred,

I would like to offer my services for doing a preliminary look at what you come up with on this project. Frank might remember that I did a scrutineering report for his Dutch Farm Fields release. I was able to give him a report that offered a second set of eyes look at what he was putting together before the release and I hope was useful. PM me if there is any interest.

ps. for Frank: I noticed that most of the props for the various crops that people have put together will show some deteriation next to roads with a bit of traffic on them. That doesn't happen with the SPAM fields. Pegasus props use property Ignore Lot State Effects set to True. The Exemplar Properties article at [http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Exemplar_properties gives the following description for this property
QuoteIf set to true, specifies that the prop should ignore lot state effects (distressed, abandoned, etc.).
I didn't know about this property when I looked at your Dutch Farm Fields set.

FrankU

Hi jmelvin,

Well it was indeed several years ago, bu I still remember your very detailed report. I was really happy with it. Did I thank you properly for that? I hope so.
It might be a good idea to ask you for a second, or actually third, opinion (mine is the second already).
Or do you men that you feel llike testing my lots when they are ready? That might be a good idea too. But in that case: get ready for a large amount of work.

And that is an interesting farm field property! I didn't know about it either, otherwzise I would certainly have added it to my fields. Maybe I can add it to the farm fields and release an updated version of them together with the final farm lots sets. It's not that much work.

And Fred: a nice strawpile! I hope you will be able to find everything back.... It seems quite a mess on your computer.

PaPa-J

Very nice work, indeed.  Love the tractors.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

mrbisonm

jmelvin, Thank you for your offer, but things that need to be tested will have to be done by no other than me, simply because I myself have to be satisfied totally by the model before I offer it to someone else. Ver y kind of you though.

FrankU, don't worry, I will find everything, even a mess it is on my gaming computer, mostly and more now, ever since I moved everything on my harddrive to my new Superputer....lol. I should have done more organization right from the beginning, but unfortunetly I did not know that it was going to become this big. Won't be long now, I work on it everyday. ;)

Thank you PaPa-J, glad you like those tractors.

mrb

jmelvin

Quote from: FrankU on December 02, 2018, 01:52:10 AM
do you mean that you feel llike testing my lots when they are ready? That might be a good idea too. But in that case: get ready for a large amount of work.

Yes, that is what I meant. I think I could put together a report much like the earlier one.

mrbisonm

Quote from: jmelvin on December 02, 2018, 12:37:44 PM
Quote from: FrankU on December 02, 2018, 01:52:10 AM
do you mean that you feel llike testing my lots when they are ready? That might be a good idea too. But in that case: get ready for a large amount of work.

Yes, that is what I meant. I think I could put together a report much like the earlier one.

Question: Do you know how to make a Lot with a Prop? I would send FrankU and You such a prop to test ingame, but you would need to make a lot with this prop first.....and then others later this week.....I would like to have a second opinion (not that I don't doubt any opinion that comes from Frank)

Fred

This would be the prop, but I will explain later.....

jmelvin

Fred,
Yes I do. And I could get it into a game situation.

FrankU

No problem of course!

And jmelvin: your offer is very much appreciated. We will have contact by the time there is something to test.

mrbisonm

FrankU and jmelvin
Link for test Lot prop (Pic above) has been sent by pm.

Individual props ( samples of this and that) will follow for a final test after you have tested this combination prop of one of the MFP1 farms.

Thanks

Fred

jmelvin

Fred,

I tested your model. I thought this might work for a dairy farm and used Sc4PIM to create my building and lot exemplars. I used a 12x10 lot beause of the size of the model.

The following 4 images are from the PIM loteditor:

I should have trusted that 4th view showing the blue silos at right center of the image were too close to the building model. I saw the look in the third image that showed these silos sitting away from the barn and thought that be true from the other angles.

These next 2 images show that I have placed 20+ props wholy or partially within the building's LOD:

I used your model for the building rather than the prop you had sent. The following images show the lot in-game:

I saw that the loteditor view from this last angle matches what you see in-game and it would take just a little tweaking on the positioning of my props to give those silos the correct look.

ps. It helps to actually follow your instructions, Fred. My early modification used the thumbnails instead of the actual images I had uploaded.

I used props from various commonly used prop packs. I noted as I was testing this that many of the props I used are timed and appear and disappear at various times during the game year. The lines of haybales along the eastern drive are an example. I did use a couple of textures that are in my personal set (i.e., the dark texture for the cattle lot tiles behind the barn and a gravel like texture for the driveway and part of the barnyard. I noticed in one of the images that my cattle lot texture disappears at a couple of the zoom levels. I'm not sure why that happened. But, that has nothing to do with the purposes of this test.

All in all, I think your scaling is excellent just like it is.  &apls

I think some of the experienced modders out there are going to have fun with this when you make it available.

This is just a side note: I glanced at the values in your prop exemplar and noticed a couple of things. Your prop will only show a zoom levels 2-5 but your actual model has the fsh files for all levels. I also see that you currently have the Is Ground Model set to False so no shadows would show up. Since I used your model for my building neither of those came into play.

mrbisonm

Quote from: jmelvin on December 07, 2018, 06:22:03 AM
Fred,

I tested your model. I thought this might work for a dairy farm and used Sc4PIM to create my building and lot exemplars. I used a 12x10 lot beause of the size of the model.

I want to include images but forgot how to add images to a post. I see the image insert but remember how to get an image from my PC to show up. If someone will give me a quick heads up on how to do this, I'll edit this post to inclde the images.

I have no idea how to post the pics dirsctly on SC4D, but here's how I do it:
Go to this site:  https://postimages.org/

- upload your pic
- then choose the Clickable Link for Forums and copy the link in the greybox
- copy the link here and delete everything but the line inside the img brackets, including the brackets

...hope that helps

Fred

jmelvin

Thank you for the reply, Fred. I modified my post and inclused images. See above.