• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Daeley presents... a new (and hopefully useful) pathing tool

Started by daeley, February 22, 2007, 03:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Even though I will never use it, that app looks rather awesome :) thanks for updating it.

oh and as the crusader for free and openness, is there any chance of releasing the source code? no worries if there isnt, just thought I better ask :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

daeley

Sure, I can release it if people want it. Some parts are a bit quick&dirty though ;)

anyway,  I only tried the windows look and didn't really test if everything looks ok in Mac OS or linux, so if you have any comments (or just want to show it) feel free to post screenshots :)
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

JoeST

I tried starting it in linux, didnt seem to get any further than a blank window

daeley

what's your version of java?

try the following: open a command shell and run it from there, that should give an error report
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

JoeST

I was running it from cmd actually using "java -jar [filename]" and all I get is a a blank window with the crosshair cursor and no error outputs in the shell window.

Joe

dedgren

I've been using it most of yesterday in 64-bit Windows Vista and it works like a charm (thanks again, Daeley, for the fantastic new features- I did several "mirror image" puzzle pieces, and it made them a snap!).  My heart goes out to you, Joe- the day or so it took to sort out the problems I was having seemed like a lifetime.  I bet you'll get it working, though- you Linux folks start out about ten times brighter than the rest of us.  I tried seriously hard to go to a Linux-based office environment about five years ago- used a consultant, the whole nine yards.  It just didn't happen.

Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

daeley

I enhanced the perspective view a bit...

the texture rendering is much improved (I finally managed to do it with Java AffineTransform) so you should see no more strange pixellated artefacts on iso view. I enlarged it a bit, added arrows and angle scaling. You should also notice less lag when scrolling the rotation. Soon on LEX...

edit: now on LEX :)
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

sithlrd98

These additions are great! I am wondering if you have a tutorial on how to use this as I have tried the older version , and the updated version but must be an idiot because I can't seem to get paths right. I have read the tutorial by Redlotus , but I had an easier time trying to learn basic German than understanding the tutorial!  :D

Jayson

Jonathan

I have a question, would it be possible to make it so that the textures accept fsh s? That way you don't need to convert them to normal images. I'm guessing this probably isn't possible or very hard?

Also the new perspective looks much better, now off to download it :)

Jonathan

daeley

Quote from: Warrior on December 16, 2008, 08:58:25 AM
I have a question, would it be possible to make it so that the textures accept fsh s? That way you don't need to convert them to normal images. I'm guessing this probably isn't possible or very hard?

Also the new perspective looks much better, now off to download it :)

Jonathan

I would have to create anfsh reader to do that. With a good FSH spec that probably wouldn't be too hard, just take a lot of time. An additional problem is that I've looked up the FSH spec on the sims2 modding wiki and it seems to be a bit "damaged" by the transfer between several wiki's.
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

daeley

ahh that one looks much better :) amazing what proper alignment can do :)
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

daeley

woohoo! I managed to create an FSH input filter (admittedly, I got a bit of help from wouanagaine) :) and as I expected, it took quite a bit of time - but that's a bit my own fault for putting it in pure Java instead of using existing algorithms in C.
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Jonathan

I'm guessing that you made it work? That's awesome and save time especially on Vista where conversion between FSH and bmp isn't eactly easy &apls &apls :thumbsup:

Jonathan

daeley

yes, I just noticed that too, the perspective view is mirrored around the y-axis. it's fixed in the next upload :)
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

daeley

1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Chrisim

Quote from: daeley on December 11, 2008, 02:22:30 PM
a birdy whispered some feature requests in my ear...
Me, like every transit network modder, is glad that you heared the whispers  :)
And the result is, to say it simply: extremely useful and time-saving  &apls
Thank you!