• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WELCOME TO THE UNITED SIMNATIONS ("The Borderless Region")

Started by Sim.Rico, April 05, 2014, 06:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim.Rico

FOUR COUNTRIES STRONG! - SEVENTEEN REGIONS AND GROWING!

FEATURING
STEPFORD ISLAND'S SEABROOK PENINSULA

KPTN-TV13 BREAKING NEWS REPORT: 
KPTN-TV13 NEWSBREAK....STEPFORD ISLAND 1917 - THE DEVELOPING STAGES OF THE PENINSULA (SEABROOK / KEMAH BOARDWALK)...EARLY SETTLERS IN THIS USN REGION POPULATED SMALL TOWNSHIPS OF NO MORE THAN 1,300 TO 1,500 INHABITANTS EACH.  DURING THE 1900'S  SEABROOK AND KEMAH WERE BEING REDEVIOPED FROM PRIVATE RETREATS OWNED PRIMARILY BY THE MITZSIMMONS AND STEPFORDS - TO RESORTS AND BEACHES. .... IN NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE -  PROMINENT FRANKLYNN FAMILY DONATES ACRES OF FARMLAND TO JERICHO FOR THE TWONSHIPS'S FIRST PUBLIC SCHOOL...FUTURE PLANS FOR FRANKLINN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS IS MILESTONED.  TRAFFIC ANNALYSIS AND TREND FOR COMMUTERS IN AND AROUND JERICHO.....KPTN-TV13 NEWSBREAK....JERICHO, USN BEGINS CONSTRUCTION ON SECOND LARGEST PLANNED COMMUNITIES IN UNINCORPORATED SERLING COUNTY...PROMINENT FRANKLYNN FAMILY DONATES ACRES OF FARMLAND TO JERICHO FOR THE TWONSHIPS'S FIRST PUBLIC SCHOOL...FUTURE PLANS FOR FRANKLINN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS IS MILESTONED.  TRAFFIC ANNALYSIS AND TREND FOR COMMUTERS IN AND AROUND JERICHO.....

Scene 20.5:  The New Metarvo Causeway Bridge Construction begain in 1936.

***See Presentation For More Scenes And Upcoming Events ***

[/img][/img]

[/size][/color]VISIT THE SMALL TOWNSHIP "NOAHCLEM VALLEY" (North Eastern Peyton Valley in Madison  County)
COMING SOON - "MSMANNERS DAYCARE"  "Opening Soon In A SimCommunity Near You!
[/b]_________________________________________________________________________________________

[/img]

titanicbuff

I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

joshua43214

Nice start. This has real potential. I like your sense for terrain shape a lot. I have a really hard time getting terrain to look extreme and natural at the same time.

A few pointers if I may.
In Scene 10, the left side of the bridge is too far inland. Not only are bridges hugely expensive, but permitting them to have natural slopes underneath them promotes them to get washed out during flooding. It might be a good idea to just plop a few road tiles to create an embankment closer to the shore. Not only will it be more realistic (what ever that is), but will probably make them a bit more aesthetic just by making them more uniform on each bank. Those stone are bridges look great when they have the last arch on each side flush into an embankment.

Hit cntrl + x, and type TastyZots into the dialogue window to get rid of the zots that hover over the buildings.

Bridges carry electricity, and then just about any thing you plop will also carry electricity. You can get rid of those fugly Maxis power lines by plopping stuff 4 tiles apart. There is a Pegasus mod that plops manholes for access to "underground" wires. I use street lights along roads or highways most of the time. There is another plop floating around whose name I forget that you can easily hid with trees which is nice for going over tunnels, or just use one of the tree park plops and then mmp trees around the park.

Use seasonal trees on Sept 1, or you get trees in different seasons.

I really like the aesthetics in scene 25. It has a nice flavor to the road winding in and going nowhere.
Keep it up

metarvo

I'm guessing that mountain contains the coal or whatever mineral happens to operate the power plant, although the description stops short of saying just what kind of mineral it is.  Interesting.  :)  Kemah Peninsula's new developments will have some nice views of the water it seems.  Nice update.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Sim.Rico

FEATURING SEPFORD ISLAND'S SEABROOK & KEMAH DEVELOPMENT UPDATES!
KPTN-TV13 SPECIAL NEWS REPORT "YOU WERE THERE"

KPTN-TV13 NEWSBREAK....JERICHO, USN BEGINS CONSTRUCTION ON SECOND LARGEST PLANNED COMMUNITIES IN UNINCORPORATED SERLING COUNTY...PROMINENT FRANKLYNN FAMILY DONATES ACRES OF FARMLAND TO JERICHO FOR THE TWONSHIPS'S FIRST PUBLIC SCHOOL...FUTURE PLANS FOR FRANKLINN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS IS MILESTONED.  TRAFFIC ANNALYSIS AND TREND FOR COMMUTERS IN AND AROUND JERICHO....

SCENE 1.

SCENE 2

SCENE 3

SCENE 4

SCENE 5A

SCENE 5B

SCENE 6

(For More Scenes - Click This Diary's Presentation Cover Pic)

NEW BUSINESS OWNERS

COMMENTS

1.  DISFUNCTION:  Mayor Defacto of the New City? Is thatchoo?

2.  CATTY:  Hi CattyShack!  You are IMORTAL!  There's a treat coming up for you very soon in upcoming updates!  Right now, FrankU is in its infancy stages.  Austrailia is a GREAT USN Expansion!  Stay tuned for the next update for MORE info!

3.  ROMAULDILLO: Thank you Romauldillo!   The Rom's Bistro is doing well too, Progressing as cities in the region grows!  Check out the USN Peyton Place Properties Classifieds for more info!

*New Commenters:
*** Thanks guys for your support and comments in this episode!  Like to Open A New Business In This USN City?  Leave A Message And Check Out Upcoming Diary Releases.  Stay tuned to each new MD Episode - Watch for  announcements under the "Welcome NEw Business Owners" section!  Your name may appear on a new business, service, community development, etc. which will be part of the script of any given MD release, as the city grows!

disfunction

Sim.Rico

catty

Great update as always, Scene 1 was a bit upsetting finding Australia and New Zealand didn't exist anymore I got a bit worried till I pinched myself and thought    &dance   I'm still here.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

romualdillo

Great work again!! I'm glad to know about new developments in Stepford Island, I think this region is really blooming!!!

Sim.Rico

Thanks guys for your support and replies to this episode! Resonses to your comments have been posted.   Stay Tuned for another episode coming up!

Sim.Rico

THE TWELVE "NIGHS" OF HALLOWEEN!
KPTN-TV13 SPECIAL NEWS REPORT "YOU WERE THERE"
KPTN-TV13 NEWSBREAK....WE ARE DEEP WITHIN THE TWELVE NIGH'S OF HALLOWEEN!  THIS IS THE PERIOD WHEN STRANGE THINGS OCCUR IN THIS UNITED SIMNATION REGION...ENTER AND VIEW THE PRESENTATION IN PIC NUMBER 1 IF YOU DARE!...JERICHO, USN BEGINS CONSTRUCTION ON SECOND LARGEST PLANNED COMMUNITIES IN UNINCORPORATED SERLING COUNTY...PROMINENT FRANKLYNN FAMILY DONATES ACRES OF FARMLAND TO JERICHO FOR THE TWONSHIPS'S FIRST PUBLIC SCHOOL...FUTURE PLANS FOR FRANKLINN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS IS MILESTONED.  TRAFFIC ANNALYSIS AND TREND FOR COMMUTERS IN AND AROUND JERICHO....
SCENE 1.
SCENE 2.
SCENE 3
SCENE 4.
SCENE 5
SCENE 6
SCENE 7
SCENE 8
SCENE 9
SCENE 9

SCENE 10
(For More Scenes - Click This Diary's Presentation Cover Pic)
NEW BUSINESS OWNERS
COMMENTS

CATTY

Wow, Thank you, Catty!! I really appreciate your comment! You have no idea how much your support means to me!  I know my Diary is a little 'different' and i hope its the story coupled with some development in the game that makes the diary memorable and enjoyable!  This release by the way, is a special nightly update counting down the 13 nighs of H'Ween!  Come back nightly and check out the latest mysteries going on in this USN Region!
***And WOW I just noticed the KUDO! THANK YOU!!! so much , @Cattyhak's!!!

ROMAULDILLO

Awwwe, Romauldillo, buddy, you aint afraid of no ghosts are you?

*New Commenters:
*** Thanks guys for your support and comments in this episode!  Like to Open A New Business In This USN City?  Leave A Message And Check Out Upcoming Diary Releases.  Stay tuned to each new MD Episode - Watch for  announcements under the "Welcome NEw Business Owners" section!  Your name may appear on a new business, service, community development, etc. which will be part of the script of any given MD release, as the city grows!

catty

well my computer struggled a bit going thru the powerpoint presentation it was worth the effort I especially liked your taking the time to remember Darmok and Anduin River Valley, your cover shots are as always fantastic  &apls  and there really aren't words, so a karma point is heading your way.

:thumbsup:

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Sim.Rico

This is a SPECIAL EDITION of this USN Regional Diary of Stepford Island.  Nightly updates that capture "The 13 Nigh's Of Halloween!".  By the time this Diary episode presentation (click the first pic for presentation)  , We are now up to the 5th NIGH!  Events that occurred in this region years ago.  Stay tune tomorrow night and on up to the 31ST  for other phenomenons that occurred .... up till the midnight hour of October 31st....... Be afraid..... Be VERRRY afraid.. Bwoooahh-ha-ha-ha-haaaa

romualdillo

I think I have to avoid visiting Stepford Island in October... For my own security!!  :o

Sim.Rico

*****THREE NIGHTS BEFORE HALLOWEEN UPDATE POSTED!  CATCH UP ON THE NIGHTLY "NIGHS"!!!!