• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kolbrow (13.10.2019 - Olsza - a mosaic)

Started by kbieniu7, October 09, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Hello everyone! I had a small break from paying SimCity, as I annouced before, and I think it's not going to finish too soon. Anyway, I'd like to present you an update, a little bit extraordinary ;)

There's a water dam in Krościeniec on Wirta river. It has already been shown... 4 years ago...

It is situated in a mountainous region. The views around should be beautiful. If only SimCity operates 3D views... But is impossible, right?

Of course not and you already know that, that there are a way to get into perspective of a tourist wandering somewhere in the region ;) Using Terraformer (and some photoshopping) it is possible to create some shots of mountain summits covered with snow.

There's the region view. You can see the area and locate both the dam and the mountains (hint: there are two dams, the one, we're talking about today is located to the south, just by the edge). The snowy mountains are called Smreczyny.

Maybe a one more? A little bit more photoshopped ;)

I hope, you like it!
Regards!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Akallan

Wow, it's beautiful! The view of the area is breathtaking, the way is prepared fields really gives the impression of satellite photos! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

kbieniu7

Thanks, Akallan :)

Ok, let's see some more pictures. I hope, you like mountains... presented in a little bit more artistic way ;)

Yup, that's a photo from SC4Terraformer as well ;]

Enjoy!

Akallan

The first is really amazing! You use Terraformer? ???
My CJ :

korver

art128

That's certainly an interesting approach on how to use the terraformer. Nice work!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Lovely picture indeed, does wonders bringing our virtual world to life. The atmospheric scenes are outstanding as well.  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Vizoria

That's some interesting photoshopping! Nice one.

Kergelen

Nice mountain susnset and great work with the dam &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Themistokles

That's some very nice scenery you have put together. It really brings fourth your incredible landscapes! :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

feyss

I already saw those picture, but I forgot to comment. Shame on me!

I have vever tried to make a dam so it always amazes me. I like the water flow in the middle. Ans those misty mountains pictures are awesome too  :thumbsup:

kelis

What a nice place to make an excursion !! Even if this place looks like a very cold place I really would like to enjoy a day in that place, I think I would be able to take some High quality pictures easily in such a beautiful place.

You know it, I love your region   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

kbieniu7

Hello everybody!

Thank you for all the comments. I've been inactive there for more than last two months, but I made few trips for my vacation and last week I finally graduated!  &scl() I've finished 5 years of my education in fields of Civil Engineering, a big chapter in my life (with some SimCity in the background ;) ). I'm a little bit upset, that is has already ended, but I look forward. Today I've started a new job, I had my first day here. And the first time in field of hydrotechnics. Something, that I like both in RL and in SimCity, hehe... :D

So, for today I post a photo of the Kolbrów University of Technology (Politechnika Kolbrowska) ;) And some not-so-finished and not-so-polished shots.

And a random pre-fab block estate, near the one of the main ring arteries.

Maybe in the following month I'll post few photos of some Work-In-Progress. It won't be top-notch, but I'm afraid, it would take quite long for me to finish it.

Enjoy!  :)

vinlabsc3k

Great shots!! :thumbsup:

I hope you spend your trips very well and...

CONGRADUATION!!
  :bnn:  &apls  &apls  &apls  &hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Piterdaw1

Congratulations and good luck in the new job!  &apls I hope, you won't be to busy now, and I won't have to wait to long for some new pics of Kolbrów and Galicja. I'd love to see some more pics of the main ring.

Akallan

Really beautiful! I love this highway and downtown! Always choose the right building!
My CJ :

kelis

Good job once again. I prefer the universities located outside of the city, I mean those big complex with all kind of buildings, but I  recognize that I like this kind of university too, it looks very cool in your city  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Pre-fab estates are the best. Nice work on the university too.

And of course congrats on graduating. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

vinlabsc3k - Thank You. Yes, they were very inspiring and refhreshing :)
Piter - Thanks! Well, I don't promise anything about future updates. I have some places already done, maybe from time to time I could post few simple shots. Anyway, in the next part of the following update there should be this ring visible :)
Akallan - Merci! ;)
Kelis - Well, such big universities are good for the students, as they have all class rooms, dormitories and other facilities concentrated in one place, so one doesn't need to travel too much. However, my university was spread onto 4 points in the city, as the main departements are located in historical buildings in the city centre of Kraków, sever others are in "new" complex with dormitories from 70's and sports halls are in another place :D Thanks!
Arthur - Thank you very much! So, next update there should be more of imposed-on-landscape pre-fabs :D

Today we visit a very small Town of Skała. It lays on the route connecting Kolbrów and Dorczyce, on the top of the hill.

There's the market square. Thanks to a variety of awesome models of Slovak churches made by Wallibuk and uploaded at Simtropolsi I can introduce my policy of non-repeating churches, that means each town or village can have its own unique church, that doesn't pop in any other place in Galand ;)

Fields!

Road to Kolbrów.

The general view. As mentioned, the town is situated on the top of the hill.

That's one part of the area! Next shots from Kolbrów's pre-fab estates :) Enjoy!

_Michael

Looks good - I love the transition from town to farms. I would really recommend getting a sidewalk mod (There are loads of good ones) - it improves the look of the roads by 100%!