• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kolbrow (13.10.2019 - Olsza - a mosaic)

Started by kbieniu7, October 09, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Beautiful pictures indeed! You've done a great job capturing the season!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

_Michael

What wonderful and inspirational pictures! Keep up the great work!

carlfatal

Wonderful, both RL and ingame pictures!  &apls

Indeed this winter wasn´t one, but I did not miss the cold...  $%Grinno$% Like on your pictures, this fall-like season can be very beautiful although it is less colored. And one day I need to visit Poland.  :)

art128

Impressive, you really captured the winter feeling in these pictures. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Mandarin(a)

Ah yes, that amazing time between winter and spring ... Amazing pictures indeed. Such a beautiful work - yours and nature's  &apls

Gugu3

feyss

Amazing pictures! I also look a lot like the Hautes Fagnes in Eastern Belgium.

And good luck IRL. It doesn't matter if you don't post that much pictures since it's always quality ;)

And don't begin to write your master's thesis in July like me  :D

mrbisonm

Quote from: feyss on March 13, 2016, 04:53:11 PM
Amazing pictures! I also look a lot like the Hautes Fagnes in Eastern Belgium.

Ha, "Hohes Venn" (Les hautes Fagnes)........ a place where we (my father, brother and I) always went to take a walk in Nature (in the fifties and sixties). Since I am originally from near Monschau/Aachen (germany), we often went to Eupen and then into the "Venn", the place that made me respect Nature so much 50 years after.

Love that place. Poland is very nice too. I used to go hunting Red Stag and wild Boar there in the seventies/eighties (near Katowice/Krakau). Now I go to NZ to do the same. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

vinlabsc3k

Great MD!! :thumbsup:
I couldn't view it entirely for the lost images, :'(
but your last updates are outstanding, :o mostly the rural sceneries. &apls

P.S.: Where did you find the catenaries on tram tracks?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

kelis

I really enjoy with this kind of updates, a good mixing of real and in-game pictures and the final result is excellent !

I must say that, even if you are working in a completely different style than mine, I take a lot of inspiration from your updates.

Great job as always  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Akallan

:O

It is very impressive! :O
These woods are beautiful, you are the master of the forest! :D Where did you find these sheets plops you in the forests soils?
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

romualdillo

Fantastic pictures!! The 4th picture is my favourite one (2nd in-game shot). It looks incredibly realistic!  &apls

kbieniu7

Hello! Thanks for so many comments! Please, excuse me, that I'm not replying today, let me do it a little bit later, as I'm here just to post previously prepared shots (I don't have much time this week). Vinlabsc3k, unfortunately I don't remember where I've taken the catenaries from :( I guess, it was attached to a someone's post somewhere on the forum, but I couldn't find it. If I succes, I'll post.

We stay in the area of the natural reserve, still in the same season.

As I've said before, this area is inspired by a real place. The difference is, that in reality there are fish ponds. We don't have it moved to simcity, we just have a "wild" river here :D

A slight fog is hanging over the fields.

The atmosphere is magic in forests, but in mor developped areas, with addition of all this (many times very ugly) houses the landscape became sad and gray. Actually, that's the time, that I think Polish countryside looks very depressing.

Railway station in Janów.

An old palace. Built in XIX century, it used to be a mansion of one of noble families, but it was abandoned during world war II. In 1945 it was converted to a state property. For few years it served as a school, but after it was getting more and more ruined. Now there's a battle in court about the property between the local government and the descendents*.

*Motived allmost fully on real-life. Unfotunately in Polish only...

On the Kraków-Częstochowa Highland, there's a lot of medieval castles. As I mentioned in the previous update, they are a part of Trail of the Eagles' Nests. In the picture – ruined castle in village of Mirów. Ufortunately not avaible for visitors, as it's too danger to enter it. Anyway, there's a plenty of other ones, few kilometers away from each other.

Castle in Olsztyn.

Sometimes, they're placed in a really magical scenery, aren't they? ;)

A similar one whe have in SimCity ;) Castle on a hill over the town of Dorczyce.

Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

The castle over the hill is fantastic, I really like it.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Themistokles

Simply stunning mountain scenery, the mist adds much to the atmosphere. (Today was very foggy here too, so I'll gladly take that as a sign of spring ;) )

Btw, the catenaries are an unfinished mod by MandelSoft posted here :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

romualdillo

Fantastic images again!!  &apls The fog in the middle of the river on the second photo looks like a reflection. It looks wonderful!

Vizoria

Yet more forest/rural goodiness! Your Polish countryside entries look very authentic.

Wow, absolutely impressive screenshots, as well as good MMP work and nice ideas. I can really feel the early spring feeling there. And good choice of real-life screenshots, they add to the mysterious feeling quite well :)

vinlabsc3k

Great images again!! &apls &apls &apls

Thnx Themis for the link! :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!