• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 36 Now Available

Started by Tarkus, September 13, 2017, 04:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

The NAM Team is pleased to announce the official release of the 36th edition of the Network Addon Mod, NAM 36.  This release was ten months in the making, and marks the debut of a few long-awaited features.

New features in NAM Version 36 - 13 September 2017

• New FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) feature added, providing a more intuitive and flexible alternative to the old Turn Lane Extension Pieces (TuLEPs, now deprecated).
  • Draggable Elevated RealRailway (RRW) viaducts added at L1 (7.5 meter) and L2 (15 meter) heights.
  • One-Way Road Signalized Intersection and Turn Arrow Project (SITAP) expanded to cover intersections with FLEX Turn Lanes and Road-based multi-tile NWM networks.
  • Street Addon Mod (SAM) Set 11 - IndustrieSAM by mgb204 added, providing a new, industrial-style Street texture.
  • Draggable Wide-Radius Curve functionality added to all applicable Street Addon Mod (SAM) override networks.
  • RealRailway (RRW) FlexTrack functionality expanded to cover additional setups.
  • R5 radius Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) added to the Road network.
  • Diagonal FLEX On-Slope Transitions added to the RHW, supporting 1 and 2-level transitions for the RHW-2, RHW-4, and MIS networks.
  • R4 and R5 radii Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) added to the RealHighway (RHW) system, with support for the L0 RHW-2, L0 RHW-4, and L0 RHW-6S netwoks.  Overlap
    ability also added to the ground-level R2 curves for the RHW, allowing for smoother loop ramps.
  • Diagonal MIS Connection support added to the One-Way Road Roundabouts.
  • Texture glitch fixed with the Euro version of the L1-L4 RHW-6S Type A2 FLEXRamps/DRIs.
  • Minor pathing fix to improve zone access on the TLA-7 network in the Network Widening Mod (NWM).
  • The compression scheme on the NAM Installer has been changed, making it such that the external 7-Zip SFX layer surrounding it is no longer needed.
  • New edition of the NAM documentation started, marking a return to the HTML format used prior to the NAM 31.x releases of 2013.  Please note that due to the incredible scope of the mod, and the amount of time to adequately document features, that some sections may remain in an incomplete state.

The Windows version of the mod is available here on the LEX:
NAM 36 for Windows [LEX]

The Mac version, due to its file size, is only available at ModDB:
NAM 36 for MacOS [ModDB]

The Windows version is mirrored at Simtropolis and ModDB.

For more details on the release, including information on compatibility and installation, see the Read First document included in the package, which is also attached below.

Hope you enjoy the latest update to this long running mod (over 13 years and counting!) and thank you for your continued support.

-The NAM Team

matias93

EVERYBODY GO ABSURDLY MAD!!!
  &hlp &hlp &hlp &dance &dance &dance %BUd% %BUd% %BUd% ?=mad)= ?=mad)= ?=mad)=

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

gn_leugim

it's here! it's here! it's here! it's here!  :bnn:  :bnn:  :bnn:  :bnn:

tigerbuilder

Thank you guys for all the hard work you put into the NAM. I cant wait to start playing around with the new stuff!  :bnn:

mrbisonm

Nam is 80% of the reason why I still play Simcity IV since 2003, the other 20% are the creators of the BATs and other mods. Thank You Nam Team for having given me sooo much joy with this game and making it so versatile and realistic looking!

Fred (mrb)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Mikey Knox

The new Dragable Viaduct Rails and FTL are just great, i love them  &apls

tomvsotis

It's like Christmas morning! :D

Alan_Waters

They waited! Hooray! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls &hlp &hlp &hlp &dance &dance &dance %BUd% %BUd% %BUd%

Seaman

Quote from: tomvsotis on September 13, 2017, 08:39:07 AM
It's like Christmas morning! :D

... so true!

Dear NAM Team, the amount of new features listed for NAM 36 seems to be something you can be truely proud of! It's a big move, congratulations to you.

tomvsotis

Hey Tarkus, just sent you a PM about an issue you should know about w the Mac installer.

Also for Mac users: for me, at least, the wrapper didn't work from within the DMG. Dragging it out of the DMG and into my Downloads folder appears to have fixed that particular issue; I'll post any further Mac-related issues (and solutions, hopefully) if I encounter them.

Girafe

Thanks to All NAM team for the nice gift  :thumbsup:

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

eagle74

This is awesome news!  You guys rock!  I will have to wait a bit longer though as Irma blew my fence down & left behind some other minor issues.  Will be doing RL stuff for awhile.

vinlabsc3k

&hlp :bnn: &dance :bnn: &hlp :bnn: &dance :bnn: &hlp :bnn: &dance :bnn: &hlp
I can't believeeeeeeee!!
&hlp :bnn: &dance :bnn: &hlp :bnn: &dance :bnn: &hlp :bnn: &dance :bnn: &hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

911Diva

&apls &apls Awesome work!!  I appreciate all the work involved!! &apls &apls

AsimPika3172

YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!  &hlp &hlp &hlp :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: &apls &apls &apls
Is time for enjoying new NAM version right now!  :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!

bladeberkman

&apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls

I'm so excited to download and try these new features! :bnn: This is clearly a huge release and I can't thank the NAM Team enough for its hard work, dedication, creativity, professionalism, and awesomeness year after year. :thumbsup:

-Blade

gaoting

brick_mortimer

Thank you!
Thank you!!
Thank you!!!

*banana time*
:bnn:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Jack_wilds

NAM Day Yesterday!!!    :thumbsup:

:bnn: :bnn: :bnn:

a peeled a late dance for a grand day...  :P
so happy I get all choked up :crytissue:

most grateful to all on the NAM team for keeping a fun 'game' alive...  :-\

&apls

:thumbsup:

:) :popcorn:

carlfatal

You are so great!  &apls &apls &apls &apls

Like Fred said, the NAM can be considered as the program, that helds SimCity4 alive. And still every update brings features you never would like to miss anymore after you´ve tried them out. Thanks to all involved, for all your work and passion!   :thumbsup: