• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithsed

Great looking map.

Where did you download it?  Is that the complete map?  I would like to download it as a keeper. I would like to post a pic of my entire map but I can't find the program to shrink it small enough to get it to fit on one picture. I know there is a program floating around to do that but I don't know where to find it.  If this is the complete map, what did you use?

Maybe my eyes are failing me, but I just notice it looks like you have the same problem that I did . . . flat mountain tops.  I think there is a setting you can adjust to avoid that look.  Each time I brought up a city on my new map that had flat mountain tops, I put peaks on them.  I never quite felt I got them to look like the original map.  If they are flat, are you going to put peaks on them?

Thanks.

Keith

bwatterud

As oldrogue said, that's haleburg/beskhu3epnm's Kinbasket Lake map, found here.  I want it too, for my new region, but unfortunately, SC4Mapper isn't saving it for me.   :'(

thundercrack83

oldrogue: I love that map, it looks absolutely fantastic. By the way you've described what you're going to do, I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop it. Good luck!

ElPhantasmo69

The Kingdom or Carinthia has been investing heavily into r&d of NEO (Near Earth Orbit) platforms. These advancements come in response to increasingly aggressive and detailed tactics being discussed as actionable against the Carinthian military. Some interesting results have been approved for further development...

Two models of Vipers (mkII in white/red and mkVII in grey) along with a bomber and a Raptor EW/Recon ship in brown.
All models have dual capability for both spaceborne and atmospheric operation. The Raptor and Bomber are equipped
with a limited FTL jump drive, but the Vipers are designed for short range ops.

Intersun Gmbh has developed a medium passenger cruiser of 277' length and a capacity of 150.

Incom's Starliner Division built the Olympic Carrier. The 825' vessel has a 1300 passenger capacity.

This Mercury Class Battlestar comes from the Scorpion Fleet Shipyards. The Mercury class has an overall length of 4650'
a width of 1821' and a height of 581' and is crewed by a minimum complement of 2650. A fully armed Battlestar carries 4
squadrons of 20 Vipers each + 2 Raptors per squadron.

Thanks to Coxxon1 for the fabulous models.

Cali

really awesome, and the texture is fantastic, awesome work :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Alfred.Jones

That looks really cool ElPhantasmo69! :thumbsup: Keep it up everyone

Sim City 4 Devotion

oldrogue

Thanks for the nice comments all of you...

Kiethsed, the program for taking the pics like that is called "REGION CENSUS" and I honestly can't remember where I found it.....I got the lead from here on SC4D, it doesn't work on something that is already installed, but is a beaut for new stuff......
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

bat

kekus74

So, here my current project ! (I'll do a mediterranen style cj soon). This is the town of San Valentino, which is on an island with the same name. The town is still in progress!

MaRc-AnToInE

threestooges

I have seen many pic that use the meditterranian lots, but this is one that it getting me close to "biting the bullet" (as the saying goes) and dl'ing them myself. It looks like a great town to visit. It looks like oyu left the grid on in the pic, but I was focused on the town so much I hardly even noticed it.

oldrogue

Kekus74, that looks really really good, you have the perfect look for the med.   Hope to see more shots of the town.....

U3D

Wow, thats awesome Kekus74.  :thumbsup:

Here's a city Im working on. I plan on creating a realistic metropolis region, but this is the only city in the region Ive developed so far. Ive been working on this city for abot 2-3 days now.

Recently zoned area.

Downtown when I first started the city.

Downtown 3-4 sim years old.

Downtown 5-6 sim years old.

Downtown 15-16 sim years old (now).

Is it just me, or is imageshack kinda koo-koo? It allows me to upload some images, but not others, saying the file format is not supported, when there're all the same format! Its probaly because of file size.  &sly

Zaphod

QuoteIs it just me, or is imageshack kinda koo-koo? It allows me to upload some images, but not others, saying the file format is not supported, when there're all the same format! Its probaly because of file size.  I hate the world !!!

Thats why you never ever use png format

get this free program called irfanview if you don't have it. I do the jpegs for my cj/md around 8 compression and they have the same quality as your image but are only around 128 kb for a 800x600 pic

http://www.irfanview.com/
War Kittens !?

U3D

Quote from: Zaphod on March 18, 2007, 10:58:11 AM
Thats why you never ever use png format

get this free program called irfanview if you don't have it. I do the jpegs for my cj/md around 8 compression and they have the same quality as your image but are only around 128 kb for a 800x600 pic

http://www.irfanview.com/
Sweet, thanks.

kekus74

An other view of San Valentino.... I worked just 1 our on this town today...  &mmm

(For it to be perfect....I want the jeronij's palms... ! ) :(

So, the next pic will be on my futur thread !
MaRc-AnToInE

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Badsim

Quote from: keithsed on March 14, 2007, 07:14:54 PM

... I would like to post a pic of my entire map but I can't find the program to shrink it small enough to get it to fit on one picture. I know there is a program floating around to do that but I don't know where to find it. 

Keith

Quote from: oldrogue on March 15, 2007, 11:07:42 PM

Kiethsed, the program for taking the pics like that is called "REGION CENSUS" and I honestly can't remember where I found it.....

Region Census is available at simphoni.net . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

thundercrack83

San Valentino looks great, kekus74! Looks very Mediterranean!

keithsed

My current project is a huge map.  To start with I've decided to develop three rural cities.  They are Southport, Richmond and Greencastle.

I've only started Southport and Richmond

Here is an overview of the map with the three cities.

I'll start with Southport.

Here is the future port.  Not much to look at yet. In fact none are much to look at yet.  I just started them. 

I think I've made the port area it too large.  I think I might have to eliminate the last land area on the West, left hand side of the port.  Cut it off where the two opposing land masses almost meet. 

Here is an overall picture showing the farms and city.

Here is a picture of Southport's rural town.

Here are Southport's farms.

Now on to Richmond

Here is an overview or Richmond.

The town of Richmond.  On this town I decided to use double streets.  I thought it might be interesting to compare it with Southport.  The first thing I noticed is that it sure takes up a lot more space.

and the last one, the farms of Richmond.  I've got to add a lot more farms since the demand is way up. With that small number that is to be expected.

I haven't started Greencastle.  That will be the next one.

I think I'll try and develop all of them into large cities.  It will take me a while but that is what SC4 is all about.

Kekus74 - I really like the Mediterranean look.  I might have to follow the "Threestooges" lead and bite the bullet. They're looking mighty good. 

Badsim - Thanks for the lead on Region Census.  I'll go and find it and use it next time. Is your (I know there is a name for it, but I can't remember it right now) "identifying picture" from Broke Back Mountain?  I saw that movie a couple of months ago.  Very sad story.

U3D - I can't believe you've developed that city in two or three days. Way to go. I worked on my first project for months and never got that far.  I guess I had better go read some tutorials on how to develop a large city.

Talk to you later.

Keith

oldrogue

Keithsed.....several comments.....

love your new area and certainly hope to see more pics....

Speaking of which.....what is map?   Did you do it yourself?  Or is it a download?

I wanna appologize....kept intending to answer your questions about mtn peaks but kept forgetting (it's tough to get old).... I was surprised to see the 'flat tops'.. DOn't know, have kind of got used to them and it makes it fun to build a road over them ::),   I think that the prollem can be solved with the  NHP Mapper.....but then havn't played with that very much.....