• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

UDI-able Functioning Rail to GLR Conversion

Started by allan_kuan1992, March 06, 2009, 10:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan_kuan1992

I believe this was asked before... and I made it work. ;)

Attached below... is the proof. ;D

The first picture shows Rail UDI running through the switch (I use a mod that converts the default train into the one for GLR + El-Rail + Subway), and the second shows its functionality.

Now... one possible drawback:
Elevated Rail UDI behaves somewhat more oddly than Rail UDI. Sometimes it disappears when reaching the switch, and I think it's because some trains pick the El-Rail paths rather than the rail paths.

Nevertheless it's something that I think would be really useful to others.

- Allan Kuan

Dexist

were to get this rail to glr??

or is it already in the nam?

io_bg

This is going to be very useful! It's a lot, right?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

allan_kuan1992

It's a lot.

I know NAM typically refrains from using lots but I put this thread here because t involves a NAM network (the GLR).

- Allan Kuan

gardenwong

is this mean GLR/El-rail can drive though(UDI) to the heavy RAIL? ()what()
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

Jonathan

There are Rail paths on almost all El-Rail pieces (there a few that don't), and that's what El-Rail UDI uses, as Maxis didn't make El-Rail UDI, and it was added in the NAM.

If you use the Udriveit cheat, I think it uses the El-Rail paths not Rail so then you wouldn't be able to drive on normal Rail.

Jonathan

Swamper77

Quote from: Warrior on March 09, 2009, 09:59:05 AM
There are Rail paths on almost all El-Rail pieces (there a few that don't), and that's what El-Rail UDI uses, as Maxis didn't make El-Rail UDI, and it was added in the NAM.

If you use the Udriveit cheat, I think it uses the El-Rail paths not Rail so then you wouldn't be able to drive on normal Rail.

Jonathan

The udriveit cheat is only available if you have the SC4ExtraCheats.dll installed. You don't need this DLL to use the Elevated Rail Train in UDI Mode. The NAM has the icons and exemplars for it already in NetworkAddonMod1.dat.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Jonathan

I know but you can use the cheat without the NAM, which means that when using it the EL-Rail trains must be on El-Train paths, notthe rai paths which are used by the NAM El-Rail UDI.

Jonathan

fredskronk

Hello,

Can this be downloaded somewere? Would love having this in my cities.

Thanks in advance.

allan_kuan1992

At the moment I do have it being used in one of my cities... I may upload it later but I think there might be a few things that I have to fix first...

- Allan Kuan

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

starfinder9659

allan_kuan1992, or can you e-mail the files to me on what you have already completed!  ;D

justincase318

Is this lot available for download as of yet? :)

Monorail Master

Doing some experiments...I found a UDI-able Rail-GLR conversion!!1!!! The thing is...it's not a lot...but using FLuPs and the Rail under Road puzzle pieces.

How to do it:

1. Place GLR FLuP next to GLR Line.
2. Place 3 Straight under Pedmall or grass puzzle pieces.
3. Place Rail under road Enterance/exit piece.

And you should get something like this:

If you do this... YOU WILL FINALLY GET YOUR UDI ABLE GLR TO RAIL CONVERSION!!!!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination