• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bus Lanes Concept

Started by allan_kuan1992, September 22, 2007, 01:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flame1396

I like the monorail idea. Maybe if this is implemented in the next NAM monorail should be disabled to avoid conflicts? (Just a thought...)

I like the GLR in Avenue idea being adapted and textured to look like a buslane (I think black lanes with a fat line and a diamond would be best, words are no big deal)... Even sounds draggable (which means I'd maybe actually use it), seems like time is the issue. Perhaps the NAM gods will smile upon us.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

deathtopumpkins

Oh... forgot about that. The game can't distinguish between lane usage. Had a momentary brain lapse there.
I think monorail would be too much trouble (or at least it sounds complicated to me), so I'd still just go with the 3 lane idea.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Jonathan

Quotemonorail should be disabled to avoid conflicts?

Well from a HSRP point of view, I had planned on using Rail paths instead of monorail paths for HSRP, to give a different speed from monorail, so if this did happen it shouldn't effect HSRP that much, although some people wouldn't be happy.

But monorail would also require a TE lot in which case you might as well use a car and Truck blocker.

deathtopumpkins

Or an all-but-bus blocker.  ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

deion30296

You could make 2 TE lots compatible with American Road and Euro road textures. Each one would block buses. You would have to consult the NAM Team if its possible that you can post TE lots on such a thing like MIS because it's generally one lane. It's highly likely that you could make something like that because if you can post a Road over MIS puzzle piece why not a bus lane blocker. I would contact them and ask.

Hope this helps people understand.  :thumbsup:
My Pokemon Brings All the Girls To the Yard
Their like, Do you wanna trade cards?
Damn Right, I wanna trade cards;
I can beat, I've got Charizard
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Shadow Assassin

QuoteYou would have to consult the NAM Team if its possible that you can post TE lots on such a thing like MIS because it's generally one lane.

Again, it is possible. It's only just the IID for the transit-enabling that needs to be changed so that it can be plopped on top of the network with matching paths.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

deion30296

Yay! I came up with an idea. You could also use the RHW 6 2 lane exit convert to OWR, plop a HOV lane lot and then you have highspeed high capicity bus lanes.

Shadow Assassin

... Or you could just have a lot that plops on the RHW-2 and does the HOV thing. ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

deion30296