• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kaysland

Started by City Planner, August 29, 2013, 09:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Planner

Hi, this is my first CJ and I have been getting a lot of inspiration from different authors on this site and I felt it wouldn't hurt to share what I have been creating.

I am going to walk you through a region that I am developing called Kaysland.   The first town that we will visit that is a WIP is called Sanderson.  As of now, Sanderson is a small town with appx. 250 residents.  The main attraction of this town is the lighthouse. There is also a beach that attracts surfers and tourists.

Here is a few pics around town....

This is Sanderson beach..

The beach has a picnic area..

Church is in session

Work in Progress..

To be continued...

art128

Welcome to the MD world!

Really nice start of your MD there. Lovely pictures.
The little beach near the lighthouse is well done. I also quite like the city crossing.

Just a little shame the streets are empty of cars.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

City Planner

Thanks for pointing that out Art...  I didn't even notice that.. ()what()

Traffic....

Kergelen

Welcome to MD section. Nice work on the beach.

I see you have not synchronized all the seasonal flora ( or you have planted both evergreen and seasonal versions of the same tree) so I suggest you plant all the seasonal trees in 1 of September following the instructions of the icon's description ;)

Links to SC4 websites

jzmajor

Looks like you've got quite the hand with MMPs!

nbvc

rooker1

Fantastic start and a big welcome!
The beach scene is spot on, love it! And you have a great handle on MMPing.
I look forward to lots more updates.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Gugu3

Well done!the beach area looks amazing!

City Planner

Thank you for your comments everyone, it is deeply appreciated..

Yes Kerlegen, I noticed that.  I think I will a go with your suggestion and make the flora uniform.  I am gonna go with evergreen for now in this side of the region.  As I go out further, I will start to place seasonal... 

New Update....

We are still in the small town of Anderson..  We are going take a look at a mid wealth neighborhood in development and the city intersection that is slowly but surely developing.  I made some changes to the intersection.  The McDonalds that I had there didn't fit so I changed it to a new one that came out a few days ago.

Here are a few day time Pics

Now for some night time pics...

A member from simtropolis suggested I build a hotel so, I am gonna go with that suggestion and build a motel to fit the smallness of the town, I am going to lay it down next to the mcdonalds...

I hope you guys enjoyed..  I will have more soon.
;)

APSMS

I should say that in California here we often have Live Oaks (evergreen) (in clumps) that have occasional Black Oaks (deciduous) stuck in the middle of them, which creates a rather comical (though entirely real) picture (in the fall, that is--they look nigh identical the rest of the time from a distance). The reverse happens as well (green in the midst of seasonal), though not as often. Just saying that sometimes the contrast isn't unrealistic, especially depending on the region.

Also, the new pics are nice, though I'd try to ease up on the super close-up (Zoom 6) shots unless you have HD props or BATs to display, since the pixelation detracts more than it adds. Same thing goes for the photoshop effects; too much is distracting, though I did appreciate the effect in some of the shots.

I also happen to prefer Darknite to MAXISnite, but I'm not knocking you for that one. Is personal preference is all; just wondered if you were aware of it; plenty of great CJs use Maxis Nite to their advantage, so the jury's out on that.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Huston_N7

Nice pics, dont really mind it at all with the number of zoom 6 pics you have, cause they look pretty well managed to me, though like rooker, Dark nite stands out better over Maxis nite. I suggest that you give it try, but it is only a suggestion ;)
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

Gugu3

City Planner

Thank you for your comments everyone.  I am glad everyone likes the new post. 

As far as nightlighting goes...I just ran some tests on SC4 and Darknite is already installed;  I did notice while running tests that the effect on the pic made it look a little like maxis nite.  I placed this lighting effect on the pictures because I thought it was kinda hard to see everything at night.  I am going to try some different things out in the posts to come.

Photoshopping... this is my first time ever using effects in pictures and I was testing a few things out.  As more posts come, they will get better.  The level 6 zooms I thought was good to show the detail and work that went into the lots.  I think I will not do as much but I will still post some. 

New post coming soon...

City Planner

Hi guys,

Thank you everyone for your kind comments,
Here is an a quick teaser/update to show the motel that was built.  I also built an Eckerds pharmacy in the same plaza.  As of now if you stay at the motel you can eat at the Mcdonalds, or eat across the street at Red Lobster (This is a beach town).  This the main intersection in this town of 400 citizens. 

Thanks for looking, your feedback is appreciated.

Gugu3

noahclem

Congrats on starting your first MD! I love the beach and flora in the first date particularly  :thumbsup:

Gayowulf

This is amazing! I love how all the parking lots fit together perfectly. Did you custom-build all the lots? It sure looks like it, and it looks fantastic. Can't wait for more!
Goodness me, it's been a while.
Once upon a (very long) time (ago) I was working on Calidore: A Steampunk Experiment... maybe that will happen again someday.

If you're thinking I used to have a different name on here... I did. It still me!

City Planner

@Gugu3 - Thank you
@Noahclem - Thanks
@ Alafel-  Thank you, I appreciate it. Yes,all the parking lots are redone so they fit seamlessly into whatever plaza I am creating.  Each building is an individual lot.

I have been messing with Ilive reader a lot; resizing props and changing capacity sizes of some of these commercial buildings.  The game gets more interesting as you learn different tweaks and tricks.

Someone had asked me to give a rundown of the businesses and opportunities that are available in Sanderson
Here is a quick rundown of the development that is complete in Sanderson so far-
High Wealth - 2 Households
Low Wealth - 23 Households
Medium Wealth - 20 Households
Commercial Service - McDonalds, Strip Mall, Bank, Gas Station, Eckerds, Advanced Auto Parts, Boomland, Check Cashing, Motel, Red Lobster
Commercial Office - 7 Office Buildings
Churches- 1
Parks - 2
Beach - 1
School - 1
Police Station - 1
Fire Station - 1
Health Clinic - 1
Power Generators - 2
Water Utilities - 1
Garbage - Neighborhood Deal

No industry.  As of now,  I have not figured out which industrial giant I will bring into town yet.  One things for sure is that it will be a company with minimum pollution; there are really strict regulations preserving the tourist attractions in Sanderson Beach.

Here is another quick update,  Everything is still a work in progress:

This is a High wealth res block that I am working on.  It is close to the Sanderson Coast.

This is a low res neighborhood on the West Side of Sanderson.  It is behind the Mcdonalds.

This is an update of the intersection.  Still a ways to go but it is coming along nicely.

Enjoy!

rooker1

Fantastic looking city! And I like the style of the pics.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Gugu3