• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT looks distorted

Started by JP Schriefer, December 29, 2015, 09:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP Schriefer

Hello,
I'm sorry if this isn't the right area, yesterday I was looking here but didn't find any specific topic.

I'm having the distorted BAT issue. I had it with Porthos Building as well but after trying to export again and again it worked. But this time I already tried to do it 5 times and no good results. It's happening only in zoom 3 in South and North. I have ID fix, I tried to re-do the LODs, reset the cameras, merge scenes and nothing works. I didn't tried the ilive's reader because I have no idea how to use it and at the moment I can't learn. Does anyone know if there is another way to fix this?

Everything is in SD, I checked it. Just 2 views in zoom 3 are showing this issue.
I think the values are correct, because I can't double them (as jasoncw wrote to do in his FAQ):

Thanks in advance.

c.p.

The easiest fix is to change the size of the LODs slightly and re-export.  Since you are only having problems with zoom 3, you only need to change LOD3.

Another fix would be to double the width of the zoom 3 north and south fsh images (by adding blank space to the right side).

JP Schriefer

C.P., can you explain the second option? I don't know how to change the width in zoom 3 in fsh images, acutally I don't even know where to change it =/

I already tried to resize the LODs, it didn't work :(
I realized there were two cameras I've never seen before "Camera001" and other I don't remember the name. I opened other models I have in 3ds Max and none of them have these cameras, so I deleted it and tried to export again. The BAT is not distorted anymore, but now it just won't appear in the same angles (zoom 3 South and North).

I just don't know what I can do anymore.

mattb325

Another way of doing it is to actually manually adjust the LODs in the reader - it's not perfect, but when zooms 1-3 mess up (which happens frequently with Bat4Max - especially when using opacity maps) it doesn't need to be 100% perfect, because it is too hard to see in game.

In the reader, find your distorted zoom 3  and then click on the 'UV Map' tab. In the attached picture, you can see little blue vertices for the Lods as well as a larger version of your render. Your LOD box in the preview will be distorted and won't look like a box.
Assuming that the larger window shows that your render is there and is correct, you can simply click on the vertices and drag the LOD box back into shape. You will see the changes to your file as you drag the vertices around.

c.p.

Now that I look at your UV values more closely, you should just double the u values, (if Matt's method didn't work).  There should be no reason why you can't double them, as they are all less than 0.5.
That would be the simplest fix.

To double the size of the fsh file you would have to (in the reader) save the decoded fsh file.  Then in an external program like FSHConverter, convert the .fsh file to a .png (or .bmp or .jpg or whatever).  Then in another external program, like photoshop/GIMP/etc, open the .png (or whatever), change the size of it.  Then convert it back from .png to .fsh.  Then use the reader again to "insert and compress" it back into the .SC4Model file.  However, I don't recommend that method, in this case, because it is way more complicated than what you need.

mgb204

If the UV values are what is off here, the fix takes a few seconds. Copy the entire U/V column, (using CTRL + C) into Excel or a similar program. Set the column beside it to double the values, in excel that formula is "=aX*2" where the originals values are in the A column, X is the row number.

You can then copy the new doubled values in on go back into Reader, (using CTRL + V), to paste the data.

JP Schriefer

Guys, thank you very much for your help.  :thumbsup:
Initially the problem was the BAT be distorted, and just before you posting here the problem became that it did not even appear anymore, as I said in my second post.
So I could not test some of these suggestions you have given me because it was not even appearing, but I will definitely remember them in the future. Jasoncw also tried to help me on ST but nothing worked too.
Today I lost my patience and uninstalled all programs used to BAT. I reinstalled and tested again and finally it worked. I just did the daytime version to test, I hope the night works too.  ;D

Many thanks to all of you for the attention you gave me with the problem. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: