• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Texture Index

Started by geoffhaw, August 20, 2007, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffhaw

For over 3 years now (where has the time gone?) requests for Texture IID ranges have been made in a thread at Simtropolis.  For reasons of convenience, I've decided to open up a similar thread here as well.  This will not replace the thread at Simtropolis, but will merely be an additional and complementary way to request Texture IID ranges.  I will service range requests from both websites.

By request, I have copied the first post of the original thread at Simtropolis (where the meaning of each digit of the texture IID is explained) in the following new thread.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4843

If you want to make SC4Tool automatically allocate IIDs from your personal range, do the following:

Create a txt file and save it as Range.txt and put it into the System folder of SC4Tools.  Say your range is 0xB2C80000 to 0xB2CFFFFF, it would need to be the following:

0xb2c80000,0xb2cfffff

After that, every time you open the Texture Creator part of SC4Tools, it will only allocate IIDs from your range. I would advise everyone to keep a list of which IIDs you have used, as it will be very useful after a while.

jeronij

Thanks for bringing this great service to our site  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Andreas

Uhm, why does this thread has a "thumbs down" icon? ;)
Andreas

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Andreas

Andreas

Diggis

Do I just post here and say can I have a range?

Not planning on making any textures, but am playing round with the tool so thought I may as well get a range to prevent any accidents. ()stsfd()

geoffhaw

Hi Diggis!

You can certainly have a range

F3500000 to F357FFFF is all yours!

If you want to make SC4Tool automatically allocate IIDs from your personal range, do the following:

Create a txt file and save it as Range.txt and put it into the System folder of SC4Tools

In your case, it would need to be the following:

0xf3500000,0xf357ffff

After that, every time you open the Texture Creator part of SC4Tools, it will only allocate IIDs from your range. I would advise anyone to keep a list of which IIDs you have used, as it will be very useful after a while.

Diggis

BarbyW

BTW Diggis, try to avoid using 0-3 in the fifth digit position unless you are making a set of wealth dependent textures.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Diggis

hehe, I'm not makeing any textures.  :P

this was a pre-emptive decision.  If I get to the point I would like to make some, which is possible, I will be back for more answers.  Can I post any questions here?

Serkanner

Quote from: Diggis on September 11, 2007, 11:01:04 PM
hehe, I'm not makeing any textures.  :P

this was a pre-emptive decision.  If I get to the point I would like to make some, which is possible, I will be back for more answers.  Can I post any questions here?

You just did ...  ;D

Madeira aka Constantina

to give textures for free? or is it just a range so i can (if i can) make my own pretty patterns to make my cities look nice. you are generous, so i like a range or free textures please (whatever you call it, yet i am new to texture making so i like to know how to do it and what program i need)

do i need a separate range for networking textures?

UPDATE

because of the two post rule i will reply here. Diggis, thank you. now for the range. they say it is vital to avoid conflict. you're right.

Diggis

You need to download the SC4tool.  There is a thread here with links to it.  Then you request a range, and enter is as per the instructions above.

Links to sc4tool

You need a range for yourself so that your textures don't clash with other peoples.

Tarkus

Geoff-

Thanks for bringing the index request over here as well!  I'd like to request a range as well, please.  I'm planning on producing some stuff that's not related to transit networks (at least, directly). ;) 

Thanks,
Alex (Tarkus)

Madeira aka Constantina

minor change of circumstances i would now like to request a range for both sides network and non-network, directly. thank you.

Tarkus

Madeira, transit network textures are actually assigned through a different method by the NAM Team, depending on the network type and other factors (they always begin with "5").  The Instance ID ranges are in a bit of flux right now, so when you have some network textures ready, just let me know and we'll find some room for you. ;)

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

M4346

I am also going to need my own Texture ID range... ST is down at the moment, so I can't access the post detailing the existing ranges. Someone help please?  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

geoffhaw

Well, I've done it again and been slow to reply.  Apologies to all.

Tarkus, your range is F3580000 to F35FFFFF
M4346 your range is F3600000 to F367FFFF
Madeira, I thought you already had a range from way back!  It's D7000000 to D74FFFFF

M4346

Thank you Geoffhaw! Noted!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine