• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sciurus' Factory

Started by Sciurus, August 30, 2008, 06:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

Thanks for your comments all :)

City Builder  I'll try to follow your advices, but for pipes, I won't. Simply because most of french houses haven't this, and my houses are inspired of french houses, so I won't. The greenhouse is just a test, I think I'll relot this. ;) I hope I answerd you good ;)

So, truce of gossips, I show you a new project: I do some pieces of gardens, I hope you like ;)

Of course, it isn't finished ;)
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

tcx

art128

Well, first of all, that looks great there my friend. &apls
Secondly, the fences you used doesn't looks good for gardens, they have an industrial look, I think you should change for some fences like these on in Jeronij's parks filler (it's an exemple , there's a lot of fences in all the Exchange)
there's two time the same piece !  :D :D
And the last thing, try to add some children's playground.  :thumbsup:

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

Thanks for your comments, and thank you Art to tell me there's two times the same piece, and I must tell you, I didn't see this! :D
So, after this, I show my next project: A Prop Pack, typical french ;)

Tell me what do you think about it :)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture

The Urban Mountain

Very nice prop my friend, good work  :thumbsup:

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Sciurus

Hello all!
Today, I had nothing to do, so I've done this little shop:

Of course, I also must put up texture ;)
L'atelier d'architecture

beutelschlurf

moin Sciurus,

... while i'm looking at youre new promising project, are those excellent garden-lots ready?  :-[

cheers mate!
b_schlurf

Sciurus

Hello all!
Beutelschlurf > I abandonned the garden LOTs :(

It's one of my new creation. For the little shop, I must make the read-me, and it'll be avaible on the TSC Exchange ;)

L'atelier d'architecture

Leodido

nice job, I like those Panneaux électoraux! Any chance you'll release them or make them also for adverts?

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

Sciurus

Thank you, but I don't understand what you mean ???
Here's a new preview:

Guillaume ;)
L'atelier d'architecture

beutelschlurf

moin Sciurus,

QuoteI abandonned the garden LOTs  :(
... oh ... it's a pity
the new warehouse looks quite good, though the texture on the roof seems a bit plain ...
... but i guess you get there ...  :thumbsup:

b_schlurf

Sciurus

Ah! Thank you very much, now, I show you the latest pic I took of my BAT:

Hopping more one will answer &mmm
L'atelier d'architecture

art128

Quote from: Sciurus on August 15, 2009, 06:51:09 AM
Hopping more one will answer &mmm

Don't worry, peoples will reply, but that take the times it demands !  :P
great BAT, that Mr Brico' is looking excellent. You've put a great effort in the texturing, and the result is good. Although, I'm not really for the big roll up door at the front's loading bay of the shop, I think the entire load must be done from the back of the building.. I thought you should replace it by a windows. And also, you've done stairs to the front loading bay doors, so why not to the door at the back ??!
But without these little details, it's a good shop you've done. ;)

Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

tag_one

alright, alright, you asked for it so I'll reply :D
As a lover of modern industrial looking buildings I can only be happy seeing another one doing the same kind of buildings I make. I really like the work you've put in the model and the result looks great  :thumbsup:

Personally I would use another texture for the roof. Imo the asphalt texture you put on the parking lot would look great on the roof. Maybe with a bit smaller UVW map. As for the parking lots I would suggest using the base and overlay textures from the BSC Texture packs. This way the building will fit in better with the other buildings in the game ;)

Another small comment I have is about the green textures you used on the walls and the doors. If you make them a bit darker and add a bit more grey to it (desaturate) it will look much more realistic  ;)

Are you going to add some cool night light effects on this building? Just asking as you can make some great nightlights with a few omni's...

Anyway I like the work you've put into this one so far and I'm looking forward downloading it :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Thanks Tag and Art
So, I put in pause the Mr Bricolage, and I begun this:

It's my school, where I'm actually. I hope you like it

L'atelier d'architecture

Girafe

Awesome Mr bricolage wait for the end of this BAt  :D

and nice start for the lycee  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sciurus

No more answer? It does'nt matter, here is the progress:

L'atelier d'architecture

threestooges

I like what I'm seeing so far. Not sure why I haven't been through here more often. The school looks like an interesting style, and a large one too. Hope to see some new development on it if you get the chance. As for your industrial BAT, I agree with tag_one about desaturating the green, especially since it tends to get brighter after export. Also, while I like the setup of the fences and all, I hope you export the building as its own, and the fences on their own. It will allow for more options in the lotting process (though it does look good as it is). I suppose that's up to you though. Nice stuff so far.
-Matt

Sciurus

Ah! Someone who answers! I waited it to show you the progress of BATting. So, thanks for the advices Threestooges, and as you said, I'll export the fences as props, and the main building, as building ( $%Grinno$%).
So, if you ask me to show you the building, here it is:

PS : 'hope to have more answers and comments about it &mmm
L'atelier d'architecture