• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LE0

I was wondering if its possible to get rid of a million puzzle pieces by making the Elevated OWR, Avenue, and Road, and Rail draggable? I figured its possible if the RHW MIS is draggable, so can the NAM elevated networks?  ???
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Jonathan

Making the Rail Viaducts draggable is on the table for the RAM, team but don't expect it any time soon,
The Draggable Road and OWR will be more difficult and the an Avenue override is a lot more complex.

Jonathan

Kitsune

Couldnt the straight over blank terrian elevated network pieces be made draggable so we can build bridges and hence have networks under bridge (finally)?
~ NAM Team Member

j-dub

You mean like this?

Daeley made this draggable rail viaduct bridge to match and attach to rail viaduct pieces so there can finally be at least a rail bridge going over the road (or other crossing network) and water. You would still need to use the rail puzzle pieces next to the bridge for the road, or whatever crossing underneath, but it will look like its a bridge crossing over everything. I didn't need to build it over any network crossing right by the water, but I have the elevated heavy rail viaduct bridge used so the line gets across the highway you can't see on the left further, where the rail curves again. This bridge seemed to function fine, look how close I put the curves at the ends, it may be part of the RAM or something, which is why we don't hear of it. Otherwise, I don't see why not to release it. Eventually like Warrior said, the idea is for full drag-ability, but that will be a very long time.

andreharv

Here's the latest little something I've been cooking up.  The ramps will be one lane each as usual.  Questions/comments are highly encouraged.  Don't be bashful. :-[

buddybud

Hey that looks awesome....love it so far.  :thumbsup:

Haljackey

looks good, but It looks like the ave junction we already have.

1 lane, 3 ways... The exact same, just for highways.  I'd suggest widening it to 2 lanes per ramp if possible. 

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

Wow, that looks amazing!  &apls
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Kitsune

It does look like the ave direction, but it looks a lot better imo.
~ NAM Team Member

andreharv

Two lane ramps shouldn't be a problem.  I didn't really like using the avenue Y in place of a true highway Y.  I am making a new model in an attempt to make a more realistic look with better pathing...I was originally going to make it a Y lofthouse (or roundabout) interchange but I thought that was a little extensive.  Thus, it will be a little of the same but I'm sure you guys will enjoy it if I can get it released.  As always, if you have any requests, just ask.

sithlrd98

&apls looking awesome!

Jayson

Haljackey

Quote from: andreharv on February 09, 2009, 07:42:48 PM
Two lane ramps shouldn't be a problem.  I didn't really like using the avenue Y in place of a true highway Y.  I am making a new model in an attempt to make a more realistic look with better pathing...

Exactly, you can use the ave Y-interchange for your highways, but it looks odd.  Even though this one is for highways and looks a lot better than the ave-Y, it is essentially the same concept.  Adding another lane will make it different and look more realistic for big city commuting.  If you only want one lane per ramp, then you can always use the ave-Y.

Just my two cents.  You asked for feedback :P.  Other than that it looks fantastic!   :thumbsup:

Best,
-Haljackey

EDIT: Perhaps a visual may help.  This was taken from my archives page, and was not made by me.

z

Quote from: Haljackey on February 10, 2009, 08:12:33 AM
Exactly, you can use the ave Y-interchange for your highways, but it looks odd.

It doesn't look that odd to me.  I think I've seen a few of these in rural areas.  But you're right, for big city commuting, another lane would make it look more realistic.

BigSlark

Quote from: z on February 10, 2009, 11:11:44 AM
It doesn't look that odd to me.  I think I've seen a few of these in rural areas.  But you're right, for big city commuting, another lane would make it look more realistic.

And all the lane textures would match to boot...

Cheers,
Kevin

andreharv

Here's the early result of the Y interchange modded for 2 lane ramps.  As you can see, I had to employ a slight incline for the outer northbound ramp as this lane widening constricts the available space for a proper split.  Long story short, there was no way around it without redoing the whole thing.

Pat

WoW that is amazing there andreharv!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

choco

LE0

:thumbsup: wow keep up the good work!
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Ryan B.

Not bad, andreharv!  Is there a way to gradualize the slight incline for the outer northbound ramp, or does it have to be a sharp 'bump', if you will?