• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kergelen Mountain Pictures

Started by Kergelen, August 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kergelen

Two weeks ago I went back from holidays in the Catalan Pyrenees. It's a beautiful place and there I like to climb mountains (one of my others hobbies).

The mountain I climb is called "La Pica d'Estats", the highiest mountain in Catalonia (3143 meters). It's in the wall with France and an iconic mountain for mountain enthusiasts. It take me to climb up and down 10 hours 40 minutes. These are special places becausethere are only rocks, snow, and very few small flora

This mountain is special so I want to share with you some pictures  ( not very well done pictures because are taken with my 5 mpx smartphone, but the landscape compensates the level of the pictures )

From the top

The top

Hope you like!

Links to SC4 websites

kelis

It's nice to see some new places, I never have been in that Part of Catalonia and it looks awesome !! Almost 11 hours to climb up the mountain ? That's a tremendous effort and as a sport man I have to congratulate you for this great effort my friend !!

PD: I did a little trip for Galicia these days, and also I was on the top of a mountain (Cliff), so you gave me an idea, maybe I will put some pictures as well.

Saludos compañero
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

metarvo

This is beautiful.  The snow that remains provides me with at least a visual break from the heat, and the lakes look nice, too.  I'm not a mountain climber, but I appreciate those that are because they bring back spectacular pictures.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Rayden

Very nice photos.  :thumbsup: I know that mountain chain very well as I use to spend my snow holidays about 20 km from there in Andorra. That "pic" is located just next to the Andorra border. :)

Kergelen

Kelis: This part of the Pyreenes is nice specially in the province of LLeida and also Huesca Pyrenees where are the highest mountains. It take me almost 11 hours at all. 5,5 hours climb up and 5 to return. :) Would be nice to see your pictures. :thumbsup:

metarvo: Glad you like it. The size and the solitude of the mountains
give special feelings :thumbsup:

Rayden. Good to see you know the place! :) Andorra is a great place to skiing.

Links to SC4 websites

sunv123

Very Beautiful pics Kergelen! &apls The small lakes looked very cool.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

RickD

Amazing pictures.  &apls There are so many beatiful places on earth. It is a shame that I can't visit them all.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kbieniu7

Wow, excelent shots! Mountains are beatufiul places - calm and quiet with breathtaking landscapes. 10 hrs of climbing must have been exhausting, but I guess that awarness of reaching your target was the best prize.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

epicblunder

Did you slide back down? That's one of the best parts of hiking up snowfields.   ;D

Kergelen

Quote from: kbieniu7 on November 02, 2013, 09:07:14 AM
Wow, excelent shots! Mountains are beatufiul places - calm and quiet with breathtaking landscapes. 10 hrs of climbing must have been exhausting, but I guess that awarness of reaching your target was the best prize.
Indeed, the prize is when you reach the top but also the way and landscape :)

Quote from: epicblunder on November 02, 2013, 09:17:25 AM
Did you slide back down? That's one of the best parts of hiking up snowfields.   ;D

:D Yes, the snow was not too hard so I slide down with crampons. Was really fun.

Links to SC4 websites