• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New heavy elevated rail viaducts

Started by ArkenbergeJoe, October 29, 2007, 10:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The railway viaducts are to have which texture?

grey natural rocks texture
45 (77.6%)
yellow brick texture
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: November 12, 2007, 09:05:48 AM

ArkenbergeJoe

Hello  "$Deal"$

The new heavy elevated rail viaducts will be released soon. At the moment, there are two styles available, grey natural rocks (currently the standard appearance)...

... and a yellow brick texture.

Both textures seem to have quite a fan base, so I'm starting a poll which one should become the standard look, and which one should be available as separate plugin. So, here's the question: Which style do you like more, the grey natural rocks or the yellow bricks?

If you don't know which one you like better, here's a BETA version that contains both styles:

http://www.simforum.de/showpost.php?p=2947252&postcount=41

@EDIT: THANKS ANDREAS FOR THE TRANSLATION. :thumbsup:

DFire870

I like the grey natural rocks better, because it's more neutral and IMO fits in with more styles. The yellow brick is just too... yellow. :P

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Andreas

I cast my vote for the grey textures as well - at least as long no red brick texture is available. ;)
Andreas

Serkanner

I would also like to cast a vote into the general direction of the greyish colour. I like both colours but the grey ones best. A red one would be even better.

But GREAT work Arkenbergjoe  :thumbsup:

M4346

Ich mag die braune Version am meisten. Doch sind beide Versionen sehr schön!  :thumbsup:

I like the brown version the most. Though both versions are really beautiful!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jplumbley

I have to vote for the Grey Stone as my first choice.

Now, I like both versions.  And it has been found that it should be possible for us to make this into a Draggable Option like SAM where you can have the multiple skins selectable by a Puzzle Piece Starter.  I think it would definately be worthwhile to cerate a RAM (Rail Addon Mod) which will included the MAXIS Base textures, these two El-Rail Viaducts, NOB's Rail textures and NCD's Rail Textures.

Ich habe zur Abstimmung für die Grey Stone als meine erste Wahl.

Nun, ich mag beide Versionen. , Und es wurde festgestellt, dass es möglich sein sollte, für uns, um diese in eine Draggable Option wie SAM, wo Sie die zahlreichen Skins wählbar durch ein Puzzle Stück Starter. Ich glaube, es wäre auf jeden Fall lohnt sich cerate RAM (Rail Addon Mod), die auch die MAXIS Base Texturen, diese beiden El Rail Viadukte, NOB's Rail Texturen und NCD's Rail Texturen
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

mott

I vote for "grey stone."  And for jplumbley's idea. ---^

RippleJet

Quote from: jplumbley on October 29, 2007, 11:13:48 AM
I think it would definately be worthwhile to cerate a RAM (Rail Addon Mod) which will included the MAXIS Base textures, these two El-Rail Viaducts, NOB's Rail textures and NCD's Rail Textures.

Now we're talking! :D
Never miss a chance to create a new 3-letter acronym! $%Grinno$%

If we'll get puzzle pieces first, before seeing it draggable, then my preference is the grey one as well!

Tarkus

Quote from: RippleJet on October 29, 2007, 12:43:42 PM
Never miss a chance to create a new 3-letter acronym! $%Grinno$%

We're not the only ones guilty of 3-letter acronyms--*cough* CAM *cough*. Just the vast majority of them. :D  ::)

I too would vote for the "grey stone" option, and I'm all in favor of helping Jason out with the RAM project.

This is truly excellent work, Arkenberge Joe. Es ist sehr gut!  :thumbsup:  (My German isn't all that great--I'm far better at translating German-to-English rather than the other way around.)

-Alex (Tarkus)

M4346

JP, your German is quite good for a Canadian!  :D ;D
New Horizons Productions

Shadow Assassin

QuoteNever miss a chance to create a new 3-letter acronym!

Speaking of which, there's a HAM in the works (Highway Addon Mod), dealing with the RHW, the UHW and the MIS. :P
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

Toichus Maximus

I go with the grey one! I think its more realistic.

bat

Ich finde auch, dass die graue Version besser aussieht... ;) Aber dennoch sehen beide sehr schön aus.
Und natürlich find ich jplumbleys Idee noch besser. :)

translation:
I think also that the grey version is better. But nevertheless are looking both very beautiful.
And, of course, I find jplumbley's idea also good.

nerdly_dood

I think they both rock.  Will they ONLY work on rail, or will I be able to use it on elevated roads and avenues too?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

JoeST

Theses are specificaly for rail.... but maybe later LOL  :P
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Haljackey

You should release both!  I can't make up my mind!

However, for my cities anyway, the yellow does look a little better.

Diggis

I vote for the yellow, and I think we need a new acronym, as we are going to run out of letters to add to AM at the rate we are creating them.  :P

Maybe we need to replace the AM with something else, I'm up for suggestions.

Tarkus

Perhaps "EM", for "Expansion Mod" or "Extension Mod".  The Rail Extension/Expansion Mod would end up being REM. :D

-Alex

Filasimo

as was talking with jplumbey a whiles back we still got the RAM rail addon mod  :D  so we can keep this goin since we have the NAM SAM now RAM hehe
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Andreas

Quote from: Haljackey on October 31, 2007, 12:50:54 PM
You should release both!

They will be released both. ;) The poll is just there in order to decide which one should become the default style.
Andreas