• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Hello ...

Thanks a lot Strechnitz for your intimate input there ... highly appreciated . ;)

Others comments as well ... :thumbsup: , I'm sure you will not disappointed by this update rooker1 / ManuelR / figui / bat / Mattb325  ;) ( hello Matt , nice to see you , I'm waiting news from your MD  ;D .... ) 

Chaudeyrac ... ski resort .

So with the opening of the first ski track and the first residences , ( more to come ...) I'm able to present there a first decent set on a ski theme ... the fans of a more urban environment will have to wait for a long time , I'll spend this winter in these mountains . :P

Update dedicated to Adam (Ennedi) and Villav ...both have been a necessary inspiration . :thumbsup:

I didn't coreect the wild fauna so far .... need to study again my ILive lesson about that .  ::)

To the next . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Shadow Assassin

Wow, it looks great! The ski runs are a little on the short side, but that's okay (wonder when we'll see the really hard slopes? :P).

There's only one thing missing from the chair lifts, and that's the wires... shame SC4 won't let us have wires connecting them. (alternatively, there's always drawing them in)

Indeed, to the next. Waiting to see what you'll do next.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

Very great pictures of these ski runs! Wonderful work on that landscape!

Pat

Badsim you are truely magnificant here wow OMG!!! simply stunning work, Im outta of words to describe to you how much i love this!!! - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jayo

Love your use of those props  :P
Great update-I like the little wooden buildings aswell

how about you add a few log kabins  :thumbsup:
I'm back

Ennedi

What a nice surprise!  &dance
Thank you very much for the dedication!

It's a real ski arena (as they call such places in Austria). The terrain is very good for skiing, there are many possible ways and there is a large place for beginners near the lower station :thumbsup:
The great thing for me is the diversity - I found not less than 3 different kinds of lifts here, all of them look very good.
Maybe it would be good to see some wires (as SA said), but in fact it is not necessary. When you look at the lift from bigger distance, you often don't see wires, especially on smaller lifts. All wires in SC4 often make troubles, both the default ones (on ingame power lines) and in other power lines sets (wooden SFBT poles, High tension custom poles). Wires look often too big on general views and sometimes it is even less realistic than poles without wires. In addition, it is possible to make poles with wires to use on slope, but only for the only one particular gradient - and terraforming would be extremely difficult in this case.
So we can see wires only on the biggest cable cars (I will send you links for "ropeway" and "ropeway winter", I must look for them).

Lights are a great addition, it's fantastic there are two kinds of them, I'm sure these lights on the transparent base will be very useful in many other situations! :thumbsup:

Don't worry about wild fauna, a single bear near the ski slope is a good motivation for downhill skiers to go even faster  :D
As for deers you can always ask David (dedgren) for the solution, he lives on Alaska and should have much experience with elks (moose) :D

All pictures are simply beautiful, fences look especially good in winter (they look as they would be partially covered by snow). And these skiers and standing people groups look fantastic! (skiers are a bit smaller, it seems children go downhill and parents are too lazy and they rather like to talk :D)

Thank you Badsim for such great pleasure!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Shadow Assassin

Just adding to my previous post: what do people do on the ski runs when there's no snow? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Ennedi

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on November 18, 2007, 06:11:02 AM
Just adding to my previous post: what do people do on the ski runs when there's no snow? :P

No problem SA, look at it!

Walking across mountains near my hometown I often saw professional skiers training in summer with such equipment ;)
More seriously, people living in ski areas in Austria, France and other Alpine countries do a lot of things to attract tourists also in summer, many chairlifts and cablecars are open all the year, and there are many attractions prepared for this season - mountain bikes rental, climbing walls and many others :)
Sorry Badsim for this addition in your MD ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

rooker1

Super work.  I knew you would be able to come up with something excelent my friend.  I know that a few people have tried to make ski slpoes and I don't think had too much success, at least not like this.  I think you have done a fantastic job here and everything looks very well placed and very realistic.   I can't wait to see what is nest.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

squidi

wow that is a nice idea with the ski resort and it looks fantastic
very realistic and i like the small groups of poeple on it. i love snowboarding and its only a few weeks to my next tourn to the mountains and whare i go there are often more people sitting and standing on the runs than driving   ;)

the summer views are also very beautiful
so all in all a big  &apls &apls &apls

-squidi-

figui

:thumbsup:
love the pics of the ski resort.

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Badsim

Thanks all ,

Have had a few time to play with CS2 .... "Snow falling again ...."

Also , have found an interesting picture , these buildings could have been the inspiration for tag_one to create these models ...

And especially for SA  :P & Adam ....

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

Super picture and great job with PS. The chalet looks exactly the same, great find. 
Roller skiing down a hill, that looks pretty scary.  And the guy is wearing shorts and no protective gear, wow he's got big onions..... ::)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

nedalezz

This MD is in a class of its own, that much is obvious. Ive never seen anyone do the things you have with the game, and the ski mountain is just another challenge you have made look real easy. This is great stuff, the best MD of its time bar none.

bat

Yes, a really fantastic picture threre, Badsim! Great work! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more...

cameron1991

That picture looks awesome Badsim! I love the snow effects  :thumbsup:
Having never been skiing before, that picture makes me want to go buy a pair of skis and give it a go!
cant be much harder than surfing...

sebes

Two wonderfull updates again Badsim. The picture with the 'falling' snow is absolument fantastique!  After reading your update I just want to grab my ski's and drive to Austria immediately.  &apls 

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Adept2Rock

Waow!!C'est trés beau!C'est vraiment excellent, trés réaliste, j'adore! &aplsTu as eu ou les petits chemins!?Sinon pour les équipements de la station de ski, tu as pris ceux de tsc?
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

NikNik

Why am I always drooling over my keyboard when I visit Antigone?

Marvellous work Badsim. I see you are as skilled in working a la campagne as you are in the city.

Nik-Nik

emilin

Hehe... I don't know if "plastic film" would have been my prefered choice of "snow" filter. ;D

None the less: The ski resort looks fantastic. I used to like the tree controllers (I still do, but whatever... ;D) but now I see the huge advantages of customizing the forested areas in much more detail. And the number of lots contained in those pictures must be really big? Very minimalistic approach, with an overwhelming visual result. It's... great! &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine