• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Greater Featherstall: Salford

Started by wallasey, June 20, 2011, 06:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallasey

A warm welcome to this, my first MD on Devotion.

Featherstall is the regional capital of an area which incorporates other smaller cities and towns. The city region is defined by the economic draw and impact Featherstall has on the region. There may be a metropolitan area, but as we all know, economies and the places to which people see as their regional centre never follow governmental boundaries.

The MD is loosely based on places in the West Midlands and Northern England. Some place-names may be familiar to you.

I hope you enjoy what I have to show you, various tiles are never finished....there is always something to do!

Without further ado...I give you FEATHERSTALL.

iskrem

Hi wallasey!
Great start to your MD,very british :thumbsup:
(Your first pic actually reminds me of city centre of Leeds)

Looking forward to more updates!
Expect to see some English football stadiums  ;)

Regards Iskrem

nedalezz

Fantastic start to what looks like being a great MD :)

You really have gotten the English style city down - and it shows in the pictures you have shown us!

Cant wait to see more :)

RickD

Great start. That is an enormous rowhouse suburb.  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Tomas Neto

Very nice start, great work!!!   :thumbsup:

DanniBee

I'm already liking this, how did you get those houses to grow all the same, or was it just grow-delete, grow-delete? :)

noahclem

Beautiful start wallasey!  &apls &apls  Welcome to the world of MDing, you've shown a lot of potential and I love the West Midland theme. I used to live in South Wales which SimCity-wise should be at least vaguely similar, though not as built up. Interesting transport layout as well, I look forward to the rest of what you have to show is with your motorways!  :thumbsup:

marsh

Beautiful work and very nice start to your MD. I can't wat to see more.  ;)  &apls

,marsh

Adetsaj

Nice and good looking city  &apls , it's look like London suburbia, nice work  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

,Daniel

The Beautiful empire, of Gardarian

And call me Daniel

bat

Fantastic start of your MD! And looking forward to more great pictures of your city... ;)

wallasey

Onwards and upwards! Since the last update I have jetted around the Country, visiting Manchester, London and Sheffield. I hope some inspiration has rubbed off into Featherstall!

Thanks so much for all these replies....

iskrem
: That is the look I am going for! Been to Leeds many a time, the waterfront of Featherstall (once fully built) may resemble that of Leeds. Here's hoping!

Football Stadiums will make an appearance at some point, I will show them once all my main urban centres have grown a little more. Stay tuned!

nedalezz Thanks for that, I hope you like it!

RickD Cheers for the comment, I have to say that image is one of my favourites. Rowhouses are the best!

Tomas Neto Thanks!

DanniBee Thank You for the comment, I use a maxis blocker mod! This has pros and cons...pros are getting results like that, but it does restrict growth what with building stages. You may notice there are no apartment blocks for middle and upper classes (Maxis would take over!!!) The blocker was over at Simtropolis which I will find for you.

noahclem: Cheers for commenting, I have yet to visit South Wales as such (only places I have been to are Lampeter, Carmarthen and Tenby!). Motorways will play a major part as we progress on the MD. I have to admit to have created signage imagery to go with some views of the region!

I hope you enjoy the views from Featherstall!

marsh: Thanks mate!

Adetsaj: Cheers for commenting! All thanks to Gascooker!

bat: Thanks bud, I hope the next set is ok!

To start off, I have quickly put together a map from the Region Census, a better version is in the process of being done.

Featherstall is essentially at the South of a natural Lake which is fed by streams and rivers feeding in from the North. The River Millom then flows through Featherstall to Salford and on to Bradford (which is yet to be built). Featherstall, Salford and Braithwaite all have their own municipal authorities, but the City Region is what brings all bodies and administrations together to work as one.

Now onto more general views. The next updates will be more detailed.

Fabian93

Fantastic Update  &apls &apls
Why have I never visited this MD before? I really love your city centre with its many different W2W buildings :thumbsup:
The suburbs look great too ;)

I really don't know why there are no replies yet?

Fabian

wallasey

We will be taking a closer look at Featherstall City Centre today!

Fabian93 A very big thank you for posting! I am a big fan of Leviathan! Thanks for spotting the W2W buildings; I try to keep repetition down as much as possible!

Till next time!

Adetsaj

:thumbsup: Nice city centre, i like it

And call me Daniel

Reikhardt

Nice work! Good choice of content used and I really like the space around the church/ cathedral it's too easy to crowd a big building like that but you've made a good feature of it!  &apls

Tomas Neto

Great update, really a nice city!!!  Awesome work!!!   :thumbsup:

wallasey

Today, the transport authority, Greater Featherstall Integrated Transport Authority (GFITA) will show us their plans put to consultation for the Featherstall Fastline LRT scheme.

Adetsaj: Thanks mate!

Reikhardt: Thanks for stopping by; there is a lot of open space in Featherstall....perhaps too much! Agreed, our historical assets can be crowded over...not always a good thing!

Thomas Neto: Appreciate your kind works bud!

Every householder in Featherstall has received the following flyer to raise awareness of the consultation process.

Trams have been on the drawing board for decades. Funding from central government has been released to GFITA on the basis that a phased construction process will take place. The flyer explains Phase 1.

This is accompanied by detailed aerial views. You may notice I still have some in-filling of land to complete!

Any comments/ responses to the proposals?

Adetsaj

Nice proposal, i like the Subway system   :thumbsup: , hope it will soon to be build

And call me Daniel

Terring7

I notice that you have plenty of roads and avenues. A good idea is to build tram lines in some of them and connect them with the incoming subway system. The result is a more effective transportation system and less cars in the roads. Just my 2 cents. Keep it up :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Tomas Neto