• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

is LEX DVD worth it compared to Simtropolis STEX?

Started by Enigma, December 21, 2009, 02:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enigma

I am considering donating/buying the LEX Vol. 1 disc, but i have also taken a look at the STEX dvd collection (Vols. 1,2, and 3) from simtropolis.com.
I am strapped for cash at the moment and am forced to make a choice. I would like to know if anyone has bought the discs 1, 2 , and 3 STEX AND the LEX disc from this site. compared, how do they match up and which site's deal is better? i would appreciate it if someone could offer an objective response. Thanks......................

I am also wondering, has anyone considered making the dvd contents available as a secure download instead of strictly on DVD?
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.  Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy..........and ideas are bulletproof".

M4346

Quality over Quantity, is what I always say... and having the LEX DVD all I'll say is you can't go wrong.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

xxdita

I think it's important to point out that the STEX is an open exchange, meaning any member (in good standing at least) can upload their works to it, so "The Best Of" DVD's from Simtropolis are based on the popularity of the files.

The BSC LEX requires a LEX Candidacy process before anything can be uploaded to it, and only after a member has shown consistently that they know what they're doing, are they given Uploader's Rights. And even then, it is still highly recommended that everything go through scrutineering, to ensure quality standards. Therefore, everything on the LEX DVD has been thoroughly tested. And if there should be any problems with any materials on the DVD, we will provide support as needed, no matter whose file it is, as quickly as possible.

Also, please remember that in both cases, you are donating money to the site, to help with it's operating expenses, and not purchasing the DVD, but receiving it as a gift with your donation.

toxicpiano

Well the one advantage of the disk is you don't need to spend hours downloading dependency packs, because there are a lot on the the disk (and most of them aren't even on the STEX)
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.