• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frodo

I can't see any profile but mine, appears a message like this:

An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section

Swordmaster

Viewing profiles is one of the things restricted to subscribed members. Another is having a custom avatar. It only costs €12 per year - a pittance - so join in to support the site.

Cheers
Willy

JoeST

I can no longer set my avatar? my profile options only allow me to select from the stock images or no image at all. It also removed my avatar when I changed my profile
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Swordmaster

I think the answer is in the post above.

Cheers
Willy

JoeST

But I already *had* an avatar, and have had one for over 5 years.... it was more that the options dialog removed my previous one than anything
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

noahclem

Team members are normally exempted from the subscribing rule as far as avatars go. Also, they normally don't have a badge based on how many posts you've made, so I'm thinking you're right that there's an error going on here. Of course a subscription is still a very good idea ;)

Swordmaster

If you had an avatar prior to the subscription system you could keep it. However if you change something in your profile, it's gone. So that's normal. I think the bug here is that the forum doesn't recognize you as a team member then. Off the top of my head I don't know anyone else who's part of the wiki team without being part of another team or being a subscriber, so you may be the only person in this situation.

Cheers
Willy

Shadow Assassin

Um, guys... is there something wrong with SC4D's database, because there are missing topics.

See here:

There were definitely topics there before.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

CasperVg

Strange, those topics are there for me - it's probably a permissions-related issue. An admin will have to figure it out :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

z

In the banners that flow across the top of the page, for the one that reads, "Everyone is free is upload to SC4D LEX!", the second "is" should be changed to "to".

pierreh

Whenever I do a search, either in the entire forum, or in the thread currently open, I get a maximum of 30 results on a single web page. I have looked in my profile to see whether this is a parameter that has 30 as default and I could change it, but I didn't find anything. I also did searches (with, of course, the limitation discussed here) in various topics to see whether this has already been discussed, and there too I didn't find anything. How can this limiting number of 30 search results be changed (to a larger number)?

Yild

I'm not afraid to say that search engine is crap :P

my own topic 'DAMN Manager' (http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15279.0) cant be found using search, even if I set 'most recent topic first' - last 'recent' is from 2011! :P

DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

catty

It is part of the site settings, which is why you can't find anything in your profile, its something that only either Jeronij or if one of the administrator's if they have access to that area can alter, and as Yild has just pointed out the search results can sometimes leave a lot to be desired, that something that would require a site re-index and the site would have to be offline while it was done.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

rummtata

SC4devotion seems to be offline half the time I try to visit - it comes back online eventually, but it often takes several hours. I always check with 'isitdownrightnow' to confirm it's not just me.

I couldn't find any news about this, any staff input is appreciated ;-)

noahclem

Sorry about that--access for me has been patchy as well--today was the worst but things have been intermittently bad for a couple days. Wouldn't be surprised if the combined impact of Cities:Skylines and Barby's passing have just brought enough people around to push the bandwidth's limits. I'll look into it but expect it to pass shortly :)

rummtata

I was wondering if the servers might be in trouble due to C:S files being larger, though that is pure conjecture on my part. Thanks for replying, keep it up  :thumbsup:

badgadjit

I've tried multiple emails when registering for LEX and I never got any activation emails.  Is there a known issue with the system?

Indiana Joe

Quote from: badgadjit on April 09, 2015, 09:36:09 PM
I've tried multiple emails when registering for LEX and I never got any activation emails.  Is there a known issue with the system?

It usually goes to the spam/junk folder.

compdude787

I'm having trouble getting this YouTube video to embed on my MD post, even though I've gone into the video settings on YouTube and enabled embedding (and plus, it works just fine on Simtropolis). I thought the syntax for embedding YouTube videos was this:

[flash=800,500]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B21kyzct7Og[/flash]

I'm sure that should be right because I quoted another post that had a YouTube video in it, and I just quoted it to find out how I embed YouTube videos. But I can't seem to get it to work, as shown below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B21kyzct7Og

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel