• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Metarvo's Miscellaneous Modding Musings

Started by metarvo, November 03, 2017, 03:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

This is where I'll be just showing miscellaneous little modding projects that I'm working on which may or may not have to do with power lines.

For example, this one, which deals with a different sort of transmission network:

Playing around the past few weeks, I was pleasantly shocked to discover that the original FAR-3 puzzle pieces have different IIDs from the newer draggable FAR-3.  This made me go, "Hmm... they look the same but have different numbers.  Imagine the untapped potential!"  So, I then commenced my attempt to cook up a little texture mod which I think some might like.  Here the two FAR-3 networks run side by side, with the textures differentiating them.

Here's an image of the newly retextured network being used.  Sure, the puzzle piece FAR-3 comes with limitations as far as RCI goes, hence the lack of zoning on some segments to avoid NRZ's.  I thought it might be interesting to try to repurpose it nonetheless.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.