• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Cleanitol TM

Started by wouanagaine, January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

Thanks mate for this latest update, and all the others as well. You just shrinked my plugins list even more. Here's the results of the BSC Megapacks Cleanitol file:

Some mere 42,2 Mb of older files  :thumbsup:

meinhosen

Thanks for the Cleanitol!  I just dropped 30mb worth of weight off my plugins folder... now to shove it all together with the Dat-packer, and things'll be looking pretty good.  :thumbsup:
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

wouanagaine

Glad everything works :)
I'm always a bit stressed when I upload a new version of the list

BTW : It seems that you'll need to rerun the BSC_Essentials installer after using cleanitol. There are a couple of files that are actually update of old ones that came with other download. Until we find a good way to manage/merge them, it is recommended to rerun the installer. sorry for the inconvenience

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

DocWright

OK, so I hope this isn't a dumb question but I just want to clarify something... Does the program automatically detect if my plugins are missing needed dependancies? Because the list of missing files shown after running the program contains many dependancies that I thought I'd downloadad before but they are now consolidated in various Mega packs so I'm not sure if those would be duplicated if I re-downloaded them.

mrbisonm

I just downloaded and tried the tool, but as soon as I click on the exe file a window comes up telling me this:

«see the logfile'C:/Program Files/BSCCleanitol/BSCCleanitol.exe.log' for details»

then I went into the Programfiles/BSCCleanitol folder and looked at that file mentioned above and this one said:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSCBackup.py", line 1, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

So I decided to uninstall it and redownload it again, by thinking maybe it was a download error, but it comes up evertime.
So, what is goi on or what am I doing wrong......

Help would be appreciated because that tool sounds great. I have windows XP btw and the tool is downloaded into the recommended folder under programfiles/BSCCleanitol.

Thank you
mrbisonm

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

wouanagaine

DocWright => sorry I have not seen your post sooner
The tool does not automatically detect dependencies, it only scan your plugins folder to see if you have outdated/latest files

mrbisonm
Try download gdiplus.dll and mscvp71.dll if you have not them in your system ( put them on your c:\windows\system32 folder, so other tool I made will works )
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?gdiplus
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp71

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

mrbisonm

Wow,wouanagaine , that is what I call a quick and useful service. Thanks, it is now working just fine. Thanks for a wonderful tool that helps us with our pluginfolder, much appreciated.

Merci beaucoup
Salutations du Québec (froid a cet moment)

Fred/ mrbisonm

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

pixxa

Hello. First of all thank you for this tool; I started playing again after a long time away, and now I am in the boring process of reinstalling all those dependancies... and so I am sure will have a lot of duplicates. It will be really invaluable.
But I have a question. Will the cleanitol find my plugins folder even if they are not in the usual place? I have the SC4 game installed on disk D:, and the my documents\simcity4\plugins folder is on G: After installing the tool [on C:, didn't give me choice] I launched it, and actually gave me as a result 1 missing dependancy, so it looks like it found the folder on his own... but wanted to ask just to make sure, because it looks like a miracle that the poor thing found his way in the right folder without any input].
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

wouanagaine

Yeah it knows everything :)
Pretty scary :)

New Horizons Productions

pixxa

Thank you very much for the reply! Actually yes, it IS scary... surely cleanitol is more clever than me lol
Really, congratulations for making such a tool.
What is precisely that makes him find his target in such a jungle of disks and folders? obviously it is not the name of the folder, or the path. I am really curious about this.

wouanagaine

When you install SC4, it will set some registery keys which contains the path to your simcity files, So the tool just look into thoses registery keys to know where to scan
And the plugins folder is always under MyDocs\Simcity4\Plugins

New Horizons Productions

Schulmanator

I have a sorta dumb question.  ()what() If I download one of the new megapacks and it comes with a txt file for Cleanitol (which rocks, BTW... at first run, I saved 34 MB), how do I get that txt file to the Cleanitol?

Thanks
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

wouanagaine

Hi schulmanator
Just run cleanitol and use the '...' button to browse to the file provided with the megapack
then hit 'locate' and 'backup'

New Horizons Productions

Heinz

hello, first of all, i would like to congratulate you for all the success you've had in making devotees lives easier.

but i think i really need help. lol! umm... ive downloaded the cleanitolTM 17 quite a few times already. i install then when i try to start it up, i get an error. i think it has something to do with the library because the prog says it may be corrupt? help! i, too, want to bask in the ease you have provided for people. thanks and more power

pixxa

wouanagaine I am sorry to bother you again, but cleanitol is having a problem.
When I click locate files, it starts searching, then gives me error. Just to see what happens I click backup now, and a window opens and says this:

File "BSCBackup.py", line 512, in OnStart
  File "BSCBackup.py", line 229, in process
  File "glob.pyo", line 24, in glob
  File "glob.pyo", line 37, in glob
  File "glob.pyo", line 50, in glob1
  File "fnmatch.pyo", line 47, in filter
  File "sre.pyo", line 180, in compile
  File "sre.pyo", line 227, in _compile
sre_constants.error: bad character range

Maybe you know what that means? I reinstalled it twice, just to be sure. But still gives this error.
Thank you for your patience.

wouanagaine

zniehadajet => what kind of error exactly ?
pixxa => can you tell me which list file you're using ?

New Horizons Productions

pixxa

First I was using cleanitol BSC Mega Packs because that's the one  I wanted. When I saw it wasn't working I tried the one located in cleanitol's folder, cleanupList, to see if maybe it was the list causing the problem. but the error happens with both.

wouanagaine

pixxa can you tell me what is the full path to your My Documents\Simcity4\plugins ( starting from C: )
and can you tell me the path where you installed SC4 and if you have 'installed' it or 'copied' ?

New Horizons Productions

pixxa

the plugins are in: G:\SimCity 4\Plugins
the program is in: D:\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe. It was properly installed, not copied. Same thing with the plugins folder.
G: is set as My Documents "folder", so when I installed SimCity, the plugins folder was automatically created in G: by the game itself.
Since Cleanitol was working when I first installed it [when I first posted in this forum], and no path changed in the meantime, I guess something else is bothering him. I found out that it actually starts to move the files, but then it stops. So I could eventually have the job done starting and restarting it until it moves all the files, but I don't think forcing it this way can be good.
Few hours ago I cleaned manually the plugin folder, then launched Cleanitol again thinking that maybe some filename was too long, or too many files to move, but still gives same error.

wouanagaine

pixxa Can you just check the tool has correctly created a folder g:\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol ?
with some subfolders in it

I really do not have any ideas what can cause the tool to stop. Sorry

New Horizons Productions